Foremost motorcycle insurance review Jul 2021
Wide coverage and AARP member benefits with the help of a local agent.
finder.com’s rating: 4 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you want extensive coverage with personalized service.
- Pick something else if you have a poor credit score that makes you ineligible.
- Ideal for AARP members, but any drivers can apply.
|States served||48 states (available everywhere except Hawaii and Massachusetts)|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly, custom|
|Claims methods||online, phone, in-person|
- Claims service specialized to motorcycles
- A variety of coverage
- Local agents
- AARP partner
- Coverage availability varies by state
- Not available in Hawaii and Massachusetts
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Foremost gives you an abundance of coverage options with personalized service from local agents. You might also like the gear coverage and new bike replacement perks, designed specifically for motorcycles.
However, the company doesn’t cater to every state, and a lot of coverage is fairly standard. Also, some of the discounts you’ll normally find standard are instead deductible waivers, which will help if you need to make a claim but won’t save you any money on your premiums.
How do I apply for Foremost motorcycle insurance?
Foremost gives you multiple convenient ways to apply for insurance.
Local agent. Find an agent near you by entering your zip code from the motorcycle homepage. Then, contact or visit one of the listed offices.
Phone. Speak directly with the Foremost Insurance Service Center by calling 800-237-2060.
Online. To apply online:
- Go to Foremost’s quote page on its website.
- Click Submit online request and click to begin the quote process.
- Enter your personal information, motorcycle information, named drivers and choice of coverage.
- Confirm your information and submit your application.
What info do I need to apply?
You’ll need several pieces of information during the application process:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license number
- Motorcycle details — make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Choice of coverage
- Payment information
What discounts can I get with Foremost?
Ways to save on your motorcycle premium include:
- Motorcycle safety course. Complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
- First accident waiver. Get your premium increase waived after your next accident if you’ve had a stretch without any incidents.
- Affinity member. Check if you’re a member of an approved affinity group, such as AARP.
- Safety equipment. Equip your bike with antilock brakes or other safety equipment.
- DOT-approved helmet. Get an extra $500 of MedPay coverage for having an approved safety helmet.
- Theft recovery device. Receive a $500 waiver on your comprehensive deductible if you install theft recovery on your bike.
- Multi-bike. Insure multiple motorcycles with Foremost.
- Multi-policy. Bundle insurance policies for more savings.
- Policy renewal. Get rewarded for your customer loyalty.
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Foremost offer?
Foremost provides coverage to meet your basic needs on the road:
- Liability. Cover damages to another driver’s vehicle or for bodily injuries when you cause an accident.
- Collision. Pay for necessary repairs to your motorcycle after an accident.
- Comprehensive. Called Other Than Collision coverage here, this coverage protects you from events like weather damage, theft and vandalism.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist. Get protected from at-fault drivers who don’t have enough insurance to cover you.
- Medical payments. Pay for expensive medical bills that result from an accident.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Foremost offer?
The company offers several coverage add-ons to keep you from paying expenses out of pocket:
- Equipment coverage. Get $3,500 of coverage for optional equipment with comprehensive coverage. You can purchase up to $15,000 of additional coverage.
- Safety apparel. Protect the gear that protects you during your rides, up to $1,500.
- Total loss replacement. Cover the total cost of your motorcycle up to $35,000 MSRP for 2 years when you buy a new bike, as long as you get a Foremost policy within 30 days of purchase.
- Roadside assistance with trip interruption. Get roadside help for towing, minor repairs and expenses for lodging and food when you’re stuck away from home due to a breakdown.
- Transport trailers. Covers trailers designed to transport your bike, up to $7,500.
Alternatives to Foremost
Pros and cons of Foremost motorcycle insurance
- Specialized claims service. Foremost claims get handled by adjusters who specialize in motorcycles.
- Options, options, options. Choose from a variety of standard and add-on coverage. Plus, find out if you qualify for one or more discounts.
- Local agents. This company keeps things personal with agents who know you and your area.
- AARP partner. Get the benefits of AARP membership while insuring your motorcycle.
- Coverage availability varies. Coverage options may vary based on your area.
- Not available in Hawaii and Massachusetts. These states can’t get motorcycle insurance coverage from Foremost.
How to make a claim with Foremost
Report a claim to Foremost by phone or by using its online system.
- Online. Use your policy number to start your claim as a Foremost customer. Guests can also file a report online.
- Phone. Speak directly to a representative at 800-527-3907.
Frequently asked questions about Foremost motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.