If you apply by phone or online, you’ll typically get a response in less than a minute. In some cases, Capital One requires additional information to make a decision.
You’ll be notified in writing in seven to 10 days of your application. Once approved, you’ll receive your Capital One card, credit limit information and welcome materials by mail in seven to 10 business days.
- Learn more about how to apply for Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
What to know before you apply
To apply for this card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident. You also need to provide personal details, such as:
- Full name and contact information.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Employment and financial information.
- Signup bonus. Earn a $200 bonus after spending $500 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. This is an easy bonus to get compared to other cards.
- Cash back. Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Redeem your cash back as a statement credit towards previous purchases, gift cards and more. You can also earn 5% back on hotels and rental cards booked through Capital One Travel.
- Intro APR period. Get a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 19.99% to 29.99% applies. You’ll also pay a 3% fee on balance transfers made during the intro period.
- No annual fee. You don’t need to pay anything to own the card.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card freely when you travel and you won’t incur any fees. Other cards have up to 3% foreign transaction fees.
- Don’t pay late. You’ll pay fees up to $40 for late payments. However, there’s no penalty APR. Other cards have a penalty APR of up to 31% if you make a single late payment.
If the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t suit your fancy, choose up to four credit cards and hit Compare to see how other cashback credit cards on the market stack up side-by-side.
Most customer complaints revolve around their credit limit. Some claim that they received a low credit line and never got an increase despite paying on time. Others claim that Capital One lowered their credit line without any reason or explanation.
However, this wasn’t the case with all customers. Others are happy with the card, the credit line they got and love the unlimited cash back.
The Better Business Bureau has accredited Capital One with a rating of A- as of May 2023. However, it sports a 1.12 out of 5 when it comes to a customer rating from an average of nearly 1,140 reviews. It fares little better on Trustpilot, earning a 1.3 rating out of 5 as of May 2023.
Earn a flat rate across everyday categories with this card, which makes calculating your potential rewards fairly simple. Here’s a potential yearly budget:
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
|Other everyday purchases||$6,000||$90|
For annual spending similar to our example, you would earn $195 annually with this card. And once you clear the signup bonus, your cash back for the first year would be $395.
Request your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card cash back and get it in the form of a:
- Statement credit.
- Credit for previous purchases.
- Gift card.
You can also set up automatic redemption preferences. Visit capitalone.com or call their rewards center and choose between:
- A set time each calendar year.
- When you reach a specific threshold — $25, $50, $100 or $200.
If you’re looking for a hassle-free rewards credit card without an annual fee, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card could be the right card for you.
If you’re looking for a card with a bit more to offer in the way of perks and features, check out other cashback cards and find the one that meets all of your needs.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.
Learn the details of our methodology and scoring.