No-fuss coverage for your new or classic bike, plus personal customer service.
finder.com’s rating: 4.5 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you need classic bike coverage or have Costco home or auto insurance.
- Pick something else if you prefer online-based customer service.
- Riders with classic or brand-new bikes can apply.
|States served||Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||6 months, custom|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (extra bought feature)|
- Personal customer service
- Bundle insurance products
- Classic bike coverage
- No online quotes
- No online claims
- Website is not very informative
- Coverage for limited motorcycle types
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Ameriprise offer?
Ameriprise offers standard motorcycle coverage through its partners that will get you on the road:
- Bodily injury liability. Pays for injuries to the other driver or passengers involved when you’re at fault.
- Property damage liability. Covers vehicle damage and other property damage hit during a collision.
- Collision. Protects you from paying for motorcycle damage out of pocket after an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive. Covers noncollision damages, such as accidents with animals, stormy weather or falling tree branches
What types of motorcycles does Ameriprise cover?
The company keeps its motorcycle coverage limited to these specialty bike types:
- Brand new motorcycles
- Classic bikes
What discounts can I get with Ameriprise?
Ameriprise offers several auto discounts you might qualify for as a motorcycle rider:
- Accident-free discount. Keep your record accident free for three consecutive years — even more discounts for six years or more.
- Accident rating. Have to file an accident claim? Get a reduced premium surcharge every year you’re accident free, up to three years.
- Defensive driver. Complete a refresher defensive driving course with your state’s DMV.
- Safety features. Get rewarded for having features like antilock brakes or antitheft devices on your bike.
- Garage storage. Keep your bike in a garage for added theft protection.
- Multivehicle. You may be eligible for this simple discount if you insure more than one vehicle.
- Tenure. Get rewarded for sticking with Ameriprise for three years.
Pros and cons of Ameriprise motorcycle insurance
- Personal customer service. This company keeps communication personal by offering simple phone support for quotes and claims.
- Classic bike coverage. Unlike with some competitors, you can get classic bike coverage at Ameriprise.
- Costco partner. Ameriprise provides discounted home and auto insurance to Costco members. If you already have a membership, you can bundle your insurance.
- Website lacks details. The website gives few details about its motorcycle coverage.
- No online quotes. To get a quote from Ameriprise, you’ll need to speak with a representative directly. However, this could result in a more accurate, customized quote.
- No online claims. Like the quoting process, you have to file claims through phone support as well.
- Limited motorcycle types. Ameriprise encourages brand new and classic bike owners to apply for motorcycle insurance.
How do I apply for Ameriprise motorcycle insurance?
Ameriprise keeps its quoting process personal with a simple phone call:
Phone. To get a motorcycle quote, call a representative at 800-297-8136.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep several pieces of information handy when talking to an Ameriprise representative:
- Personal information: home address, phone number, date of birth
- Driver’s or motorcycle license number
- Motorcycle details: make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Choice of coverage
- Payment information
How to make a claim with Ameriprise
Like its application process, filing a claim with Ameriprise is a personalized experience that can only be done through your agent.
Phone. Simply call 800-872-5246 to receive help from a claims representative.
Alternatives to Ameriprise
Ameriprise offers basic motorcycle insurance to benefit its customers. Since the company partners with Costco for home and auto insurance, Costco members can also enjoy discounts on those policies while keeping their insurance needs in one place.
However, Ameriprise offers very little information about its motorcycle insurance and doesn’t provide online account management either.
Compare motorcycle insurance providers to find the best fit for you.
Frequently asked questions about Ameriprise motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.