Enjoy membership benefits, discounts and extensive motorcycle roadside assistance.
finder.com’s rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you love having membership benefits or are already a AAA member.
- Pick something else if you can’t get coverage in your state.
- Not for drivers needing SR-22 coverage.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months, monthly|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes, optional extra|
- Highly rated company
- Free roadside assistance
- Everyday motorcycle purchase discounts
- Member travel and shopping discounts
- Members only
- Website isn’t transparent
- Coverage varies widely by state
What motorcycle insurance coverage does AAA offer?
AAA gives you peace of mind on the road with its standard insurance coverage:
- Liability. Pay expenses for vehicle damage, personal injuries or legal costs when you’re at fault in an accident.
- Collision. Get your motorcycle repaired or replaced when it’s damaged during an accident.
- Comprehensive. What about damages not involving a collision? Get comprehensive coverage for weather damage, falling tree branches, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist. Cover your expenses, even when the other driver doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for them.
- Medical payments. Pay for expensive medical bills, no matter who’s at fault.
What extra benefits and add-ons does AAA offer?
Add a host of features to your policy with these AAA options:
- Custom parts and equipment. Repair or replace special parts you’ve added to your motorcycle.
- Safety apparel. Pay for damages to safety gear like your riding helmet in the event of an accident.
- Trip interruption. Cover expenses like food and lodging when they’re related to trip delays, up to $1,000.
- Towing. Get four towing service calls per policy period for up to 100 miles with no extra charges.
- Locksmith services. Get reimbursed $75 for key replacement.
- Fuel delivery. Have fuel delivered straight to you so that you can make it to the nearest gas station.
- Extrication. Let a professional retrieve your bike when you get stuck or your motorcycle falls into a ditch.
- Trailer assistance. Transport and tow-behind trailers can also receive towing, air for tires, extrication and locksmith services.
- AAA motorcycle. Get the roadside assistance, trip interruption and the discounts described above for a flat fee of $35 annually.
What discounts can I get with AAA?
AAA offers several discounts that let members save on their premiums and other everyday purchases:
- Repair shops. Use AAA’s network of repair shops to take care of problems at a discounted rate.
- Luggage shipping discount. AAA Motorcycle members can receive a discount from Luggage Forward and UPS.
- Parts and accessories discount. If you have AAA Motorcycle, purchase parts and accessories through NAPA stores or online for a discount.
- Vehicle purchases. In the market for a new car or motorcycle? Shop from a partner dealership.
- Interstate passes. Save 10% on Interstate passes to get where you’re going safely and quickly.
- Car care centers. Get your car or motorcycle serviced at a partner car care center.
- Tires and accessories. Stay up to date on all your motorcycle wants and needs at a discount.
Pros and cons of AAA motorcycle insurance
- Member benefits. AAA members enjoy a wide variety of benefits on travel, restaurants, shopping and experiences.
- Trusted company. The company has offered discount products for years and earned A+ BBB and AM Best ratings.
- Featured motorcycle add-on. The company’s comprehensive AAA Motorcycle optional coverage gets you many benefits all wrapped into one.
- Motorcycle-specific purchase discounts. Find member benefits specific to cars and motorcycles, such as the AAA repair shop network.
- Members only. You’ll need to purchase a AAA membership at an annual fee between $2 and $120, depending on the membership level and your state.
- Lack of website information. AAA provides little information about motorcycle coverage on its website, so you’ll need to call to confirm policy details.
- Varying discounts and coverage. You may not get the coverage you need or preferred discounts, depending on your location.
How to apply for AAA motorcycle insurance
The company likes to keep the application process personal through local agents or phone representatives.
Phone. Talk directly to a customer service representative by calling 800-222-1134.
Agent. To find an agent closest to you:
- Go to the AAA motorcycle insurance homepage.
- Enter your ZIP code in the popup box.
- Click on Find an agent at the top of the page.
- Call or visit an agent using the phone number and address listed.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep a few pieces of information on hand when talking with an agent:
- Home address, phone number and email
- Social Security number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Bank account, credit card or debit card information for payment
How to make a claim with AAA
Report a motorcycle accident easily online or contact member services with your questions:
- Online. Log in to your online account to report a claim at your own convenience.
- Phone. Ask questions about filing a claim by calling 800-222-1134. Member services phone hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday through Friday or 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Underwritten carrier. Your policy may be underwritten by an insurance partner. If that’s the case, refer to this list of underwritten carrier phone numbers for claims reporting.
Alternatives to AAA
AAA provides motorcycle coverage along with its wide membership benefits. It also offers a comprehensive AAA Motorcycle add-on with many coverage benefits rolled into one. However, you’ll have to talk to an agent about whether coverage is available in your area.
Get AAA motorcycle insurance or compare other available motorcycle insurance options.
Frequently asked questions about AAA motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.