Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking review
This account lets you earn Bitcoin with qualifying purchases, but it’s only available in 15 states.
The Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account comes with a debit card that earns 1.5% back in Bitcoin whenever you sign for a purchase or use your PIN. There are no monthly fees, but there is a $500 minimum initial deposit, and you must live in one of the 15 approved states to open an account.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Michael Benninger is a staff banking writer at Finder. He is a former credit analyst and longtime freelancer whose articles have been published by Intuit, Business Insider and the Los Angeles Times. Michael is passionate about all facets of personal finance and has written hundreds of articles about money management during the past decade.
The Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account offers the opportunity to earn Bitcoins whenever you sign for a purchase or enter your PIN. You also don’t need to worry about a monthly maintenance fee, and you’ll be part of a massive ATM network.
But you must live in one of the 15 approved states to qualify for an account. And it only rewards you with Bitcoin and not any other cryptocurrency.
How do I open a Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account?
Opening a Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account takes as little as three minutes.
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Provider page, click or tap Sign up.
- Enter your full name, email address and phone number.
- Verify the code sent to your mobile device.
- Add your funding information, and submit your application.
- Create a username and password if your application is approved.
To open a Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account, you must meet specific criteria.
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah, Wisconsin or Wyoming
- $500 minimum initial deposit
If you satisfy the eligibility requirements, you’ll also need to provide the following information.
- Social Security number
- Details from a government-issued ID
What are the benefits of Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account?
The Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account offers live chat, a full-featured mobile app and these additional attractive features:
- Earns crypto. Earn 1.5% back in Bitcoin anytime you sign for a purchase or use your PIN.
- Only supports Bitcoin. Some other crypto cards, including the Coinbase debit card, will support up to 30 cryptocurrencies and earn both Stellar Lumen and Bitcoin rewards.
- Not available nationwide. You need to live in one of the 15 approved states to open an account.
- No joint accounts. You can’t share a Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account with another user.
- No checkwriting privileges. You can’t write checks from your Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account.
- Only one ATM accepts cash deposits. You can only deposit cash into your account at one ATM inside Quontic’s New York City branch.
If you don’t live in one of the 15 approved states — or prefer earning cash to crypto — compare other rewards checking accounts.
Quontic’s ATM network and fees
Your Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account comes with a debit card you can use for free at more than 90,000 ATMs worldwide, including all machines in the Allpoint, MoneyPass, SUM and Citibank networks.
Compare Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking with other checking accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
There are a few ways to deposit and withdraw funds from your Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account.
- ATM. You can only deposit cash at one Quontic ATM, which is on Broadway in New York City.
- Branch. Quontic has one branch in Astoria, New York, where you can deposit cash and checks.
- Postal mail. Send an endorsed check to 3105 Broadway, Astoria, New York, 11106.
- Mobile deposit. Use the mobile app to deposit checks any time and from anywhere.
- ACH transfers. Deposit funds from a linked bank directly into your Quontic account.
- ATM. Withdraw funds for free at more than 90,000 ATMs worldwide.
- ACH transfers. If your Quontic account is more than 90 days old, you can transfer funds to an external bank.
- Cash withdrawals at retailers. You can withdraw cash from your Quontic account at many grocery stores, gas stations and other retailers that allow you to withdraw cash with purchases.
What other checking options does Quontic Bank offer?
In addition to the Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account, Quontic also offers two other types of checking accounts.
- Cash Rewards Checking.Earn 1.5% cash back with no monthly fee and a $100 minimum deposit.
- High Interest Checking. Earn 1.01% APY on balances less than $1 million, but you must make 15 qualifying purchases with your debit card each billing cycle.
Frequently asked questions
What is Quontic’s routing number?
Quontic’s routing number is 021473030.
How can I call Quontic?
Quontic’s primary support phone number is 800-908-6600. But if you want help with your Quontic Bank Bitcoin Rewards Checking account, call 888-622-5208.
Does Quontic have any physical branches?
Yes. Quontic has one banking branch in Astoria, New York, and it has three loan offices in Flushing, New York; Melville, New York and Miami, Florida.
Is Quontic Bank legit?
Yes. Quontic accounts are FDIC insured, and the bank works with NYDIG — a secure custody platform for Bitcoin — and FIS — a global leader in financial services technology.
Can I use my Quontic Bitcoin Rewards debit card with digital wallets?
Yes. Your Quontic card is compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.