Clearco business loans review
- Min. Amount
- Max. Amount
- 6.50% to 19.00%
Bottom line: This lender specializes in financing online and tech companies in the startup phase, with relatively low fees compared to similar options. But you’ll need to be registered as an LLC or corporation to qualify. Read our full review or get our 30-second take.
No minimum credit score requirement
Flat fee based financing with predictable payments
Supports four currencies (EUR, USD, CAD, GBP)
Personal guarantee may not required
Don’t have to give up equity
12+ months in business required
Must have at least $10,000 a month in revenue
Must connect your e-commerce accounts
0.5% commission for non-USD payments
No same-day funding
Weekly repayments only
|4 to 6 months
|6.50% to 19.00%
|Eligible online business, average of $10,000 monthly revenue, 6 months of revenue, LLC or corporation.
- Low advance fee of 6% to 12%
- Funds up to $10 million
- Only requires six months in business
- No credit check
- Only corporations and LLCs can qualify
- No customer service phone number
- Daily repayments
Our take on Clearco business financing
Clearco — formerly Clearbanc — is an online lender that specializes in funding e-commerce and software as service (SaaS) companies in early growth stages. With several different types of funding programs, it can be a good resource for tech startups looking for an alternative to equity financing.
- ClearCapital works like a merchant cash advance for e-commerce businesses.
- ClearRunway is similar to invoice financing for growing SaaS companies.
- ClearAngel is a platform that offers advice, access to investors, and other resources for tech startups without equity.
Clearco also offers free tools to help you track your business, such as ClearPartners, ClearValuations and ClearInsights. But it’s not for every small business. ClearCapital is mainly meant to fund marketing and inventory. ClearRunway has fewer restrictions, but is only available to SaaS companies. On top of this, both require daily repayments. Other online lenders that I’ve reviewed offer more flexibility.
Expect relatively low, flat fees for ClearCapital
Like other cash advance companies, Clearco charges a flat fee instead of interest for its e-commerce financing program, ClearCapital. Here’s how it works:
- Fees range from 6% to 12% of the advance amount. This depends on how you receive the funds.
- For marketing expenses, Clearco charges a 12% fee upfront and then offers a 6% discount credit for spending eligible marketing expenses.
- For inventory financing, Clearco charges around 6% in fees, with no discount credit.
- Clearco collects ClearCapital repayments with a percentage of your daily sales, called a remittance rate.
- There are no fixed repayment terms. But, if your sales aren’t high enough to repay the advance within four months, the remittance rate increases by 5%.
ClearRunway fees range from 5.5% to 19% of the value of accounts receivables you finance. Receivables must be due within six to 24 months to qualify for this program.
Clearco reviews are positive — for the most part
The majority of Clearco customers are happy with the quality of customer service and simplicity of the application process. But more than a few customers complain that it was difficult to get in touch to correct a mistake or get a response after submitting their application. Some also mention that they had been locked into paying remittances even after they’d paid off the loan balance and fees.
Clearco only has a few main eligibility requirements to qualify for its e-commerce financing product:
- At least 6 months in business
- At least $10,000 in monthly revenue from eligible sales platform
- Corporation or LLC
You can only use ClearCapital with platforms that Clearco connects with. This includes Amazon, Shopify, Google Ads, Square and other payment platforms. You can find a full, up-to-date list on Clearco’s website.
Connect your sales and marketing accounts to apply
You can get started on your Clearco application by filling out a quick form with your contact information and connecting your sales and marketing accounts. After creating your account, you should hear from Clearco’s team within one or two business days.
Log in to your account to review offers and find instructions on how to upload documents and complete the application. This involves connecting your business’s bank account, sales accounts and marketing accounts.
Clearco pulls information from your online accounts to send over an offer — typically within 24 hours.
The loan shows up in your bank account within 24 hours after approval. If your business has a Clearbanc Marketing Card, you’ll receive your funds immediately after approval.
How repayments work
Your repayments begin as soon as your revenue starts coming in. Clearbco automatically deducts a percentage from your daily sales at a rate disclosed in your contract — between 1% and 20%. You can’t adjust your fee or repayment percentage after you sign your loan documents.
Specialized financing and low fees set Clearco apart
Clearco is uniquely tailored to offer fast, streamlined financing to e-commerce and SaaS businesses. With few requirements and an automated application, time-strapped entrepreneurs in these areas can easily access financing that they might not find at a bank. Its rates are also lower than most merchant cash advances — though it’s still more expensive than most traditional term loans.
Clearco is a legitimate lender
Michele Romanow — a venture capitalist that appeared on the Canadian version of Shark Tank, Dragons’ Den — and Andrew D’Souza founded the company in 2015 under the name Clearbanc. The company rebranded as Clearco in 2020, after deciding to offer a wider range of products for small businesses outside financing.
Since it connects with your bank and other business accounts, Clearco goes beyond the standard SSL encryption most lenders use to protect your information. Instead, it opts for military-grade encryption like RSA-4096 and AES-256 to protect what you share online.
See how ClearCapital compares to other online business loans. For personalized results, fill out the form with basic information about yourself and your small business. Or, visit our guide to business loans for more information about your financing options.
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked