Beeline mortgage review
Fast loan preapproval, but buyers give up some privacy for processing speed.
This digital mortgage provider’s five-step, AI-driven process accesses your financial documents to give you a decision quicker than most lenders are able to manage. But you’ll have to give up your account credentials in exchange for the convenience of same-day approval.
|Loan products offered||Conventional, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||620|
|Minimum down payment||3%|
|State availability||Only available in: AZ, DC, FL, KY, MA, MD, MI, NC, RI, TN, TX, VA|
What makes Beeline different from traditional lenders is its ability to link directly to your financial and tax accounts to get your real numbers — not estimates. This allows Beeline to significantly speed up the application process and give you a preapproval decision within minutes, instead of days.
Beeline states on its website that any information you enter is encrypted end-to-end and none of your credentials are stored or accessible to anyone. However, giving up that kind of information isn’t for everyone, and you need to decide if the trade-off is worth it to you.
To determine your eligibility, Beeline considers personal and financial information that includes:
- Credit score
- Debt-to-income (DTI) ratio
- How well you’ve managed prior credit
- Length of your credit history
If you qualify, a purchase-ready approval letter is available the same day — including your rate and loan amount.
To find out if you qualify, go to Beeline’s home page and click Start to begin the five-step application process.
To take advantage of Beeline’s same-day processing of your loan application, you’ll need to provide login credentials to your financial and tax accounts.
If you wish to proceed with this method, you’ll need to have the following on hand:
- Login credentials for your bank, investment and retirement accounts
- Login credentials for your payroll processor
- Login credentials for your tax agent. Alternatively, you can retrieve your tax documents by linking to the IRS online.
If you’re not comfortable with giving up your login credentials, or you don’t require a same-day decision, you can provide PDFs to process your application. You’ll need to have the following documents available for uploading:
For employed persons:
- Two most recent statements for your banking, savings and checking accounts
- Most recent quarterly statement for your investment accounts
- Recent quarterly statement for retirement plans
- One month of your most recent pay stubs — two if you’re paid biweekly and four if paid weekly
- Most recent two years of W-2s
- Most recent two years of complete federal tax returns
For self-employed persons:
- Most recent two years of complete federal personal returns
- Most recent two years of complete federal business returns if you have 25% or greater ownership in a Corporation or LLC
- Most recent two years K-1 for any corporation or LLC you have any ownership in
Costs and fees
Beeline doesn’t charge lender fees, such as application, origination, underwriting and rate lock. However, you’ll have to pay fees for the title work, credit report, flood certification and town/county fees for your home loan. Beeline’s loan estimate breaks down the costs for you.
How to apply for a mortgage with Beeline
The application takes you through five steps. You’ll be asked a series of questions about yourself, your bank accounts, investments, retirement plans, income and employment history.
- Go to the Beeline website. On the main page, click the Start button to begin the application process.
- Begin the online application by answering the questions for Your goals.
- Next, fill in your financial information. You’ll be asked login details for your:
- Bank, savings or checking accounts
- Investment accounts like stocks, CDs, money market and annuities
- Retirement plans like 401k, IRA or mutual funds
- You will also be asked login details for:
- Your payroll provider
- Your tax agent — alternatively, you can retrieve your tax documents by linking to the IRS online
- Enter your Social Security number.
Beeline’s application links directly to the source of your financial information. This direct access allows your bank, pay and tax information to be collected and verified instantly. Any information you enter is encrypted end-to-end and none of your credentials are stored or accessible to anyone.
What types of mortgages can I get through Beeline?
Beeline offers fixed and adjustable-rate conventional loans for these types of dwellings:
- Single and multifamily homes — up to four units
- Investment properties
How Beeline’s mortgage products compare to other lenders
Beeline has streamlined and automated the entire application process, helping to remove unnecessary steps and paperwork. Because all your financial information is linked and verified immediately, you can get a purchase-ready approval in minutes. While Beeline offers greater convenience and speed than other lenders, it has limited state availability and doesn’t offer FHA, VA or USDA loans at this time — borrowers are limited to conventional loans.
Compare mortgage lenders and brokersCompare top brands by home loan type, state availability and credit score. Select See rates to provide the lender with basic property and financial details for personalized rates.
Beeline reviews and complaints
As of November 2020, Beeline has an average rating of 4.46 out of 5 with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and zero complaints registered. Customers are happy with Beeline’s competitive interest rates, ease of use, fast response times, technology and customer support. However, some customers report initial hiccups with the application process.
Pros and cons of Beeline
- Five-step application process. Eliminates unnecessary steps and extra paperwork.
- 15-minute approval. Instead of waiting, you can get a purchase-ready approval letter the same day.
- Eliminates guesswork. Accesses your financial accounts, creating a direct link to your actual numbers.
- Limited availability. Only available in certain states.
- No FHA, VA or USDA loans. Beeline only offers conventional fixed and adjustable-rate loans.
- Login credentials for sensitive accounts required for same-day approval. Though security measures are in place, some buyers may not feel comfortable doing this.
What is Beeline?
Founded in 2019 by five veterans of the real estate and fintech industry, Beeline is a legitimate, fully digital home loan lender dedicated to providing a fast, streamlined mortgage experience. Beeline accelerates the industry’s shift to AI by asking potential borrowers to link their personal and financial accounts to its software for more accurate — and, it says, more trusted — approvals.
Beeline has an “A” BBB Rating & Accreditation. Beeline is based in Providence, Rhode Island and has raised $7.6m in equity capital to date.
Frequently asked questions about Beeline
Kat Aoki is a mortgage writer at Finder. Since 2011, she’s helped consumers make better financial decisions with their home loans, credit cards, insurance and more. As a business writer for the real estate, mortgage and personal finance industries, she’s written hundreds of helpful, informative articles for some of the leading brands around the globe that include iSelect, InfoChoice, realestate.com.au, GE Money and Amex. Kat earned a BS in Marketing from California State University, Sacramento. She enjoys travel, hiking and photography in her spare time.
Beeline is dedicated to providing a fast, streamlined mortgage process for first-time and existing homeowners. However, you’ll need to give up your login credentials for same-day loan preapproval. Depending on your circumstances, the trade-off may or may not be worthwhile to you.