Gate.io cryptocurrency exchange review
Gate.io lets you buy and sell a wide range of cryptocurrencies, but is it the right platform for you?
|Product Name||Gate.io Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Fiat Currencies||USD, EUR, GBP, HKD, SGD, AUD, CHF, MXN|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, ETC, XTZ, CLV, EOS, OMG, BNB, ANT, KAI & 270+ more|
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, HKD, SGD, AUD, CHF, MXN
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 820 cryptocurrencies
Which payments methods are accepted?
What is Gate.io?
Gate.io is a digital currency exchange that offers crypto-to-crypto trading of a wide range of coins and tokens alongside Tether (USDT), bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Qtum (QTUM). Its web-based trading platform is designed to be easy to use, and security features like 2-factor authentication and cold wallet storage are supported. Gate.io also offers iOS and Android mobile apps for users who want to trade on the go.
Gate.io is operated by Gate Technology Inc and was founded in 2017.
Gate.io is a global exchange accessible to users around the world. However, as of July 2019, residents of the following countries are excluded from the platform:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- The Crimean region
|Tether (USDT)||15 USDT|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||0.001 BTC|
|Bitcoin Cash (BCH)||0.0006 BCH|
|Ethereum (ETH)||0.003 ETH|
|Litecoin (LTC)||0.002 LTC|
|Zcash (ZEC)||0.001 ZEC|
|Ethereum Classic (ETC)||0.01 ETC|
|Dash (DASH)||0.02 DASH|
|Qtum (QTUM)||0.1 QTUM|
|Cardano (ADA)||0.1 ADA|
Are there any transfer limits?
Gate.io doesn’t specify any minimum initial deposit amount. However, daily withdrawal limits do apply and vary based on the currency being transferred. Check the table below for a guide to the withdrawal limits that apply to a selection of popular coins and tokens.
|Currency||Daily withdrawal limit|
|Tether (USDT)||100,000 USDT|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||100 BTC|
|Bitcoin Cash (BCH)||1,000 BCH|
|Ethereum (ETH)||3,000 ETH|
|Litecoin (LTC)||10,000 LTC|
|Zcash (ZEC)||1,000 ZEC|
|Ethereum Classic (ETC)||20,000 ETC|
|Dash (DASH)||1,000 DASH|
|Qtum (QTUM)||100,000 QTUM|
|Cardano (ADA)||50,000 ADA|
Is it safe to use Gate.io?
To sign up for an account with Gate.io, you’ll need to provide your email address and create two passwords:
- A password used to login to your account
- A fund password you’ll need to enter when making a trade or withdrawing funds
These two passwords must not be the same and are designed to provide increased security. Gate.io also supports 2-factor authentication and utilizes both hot wallets and cold storage for customer funds.
If you need help with your account, you may be able to find the answer you’re looking for in Gate.io’s online support center. If not, you can submit a support ticket via this center, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pros and cons
- Provides access to an extensive range of digital currencies
- Mobile trading app available
- Cold wallet storage provides peace of mind
- Large trading volume
- Supports 2-factor authentication
- User interface relatively easy to navigate
- No support for fiat deposits
- Other platforms are better suited to beginners
- A relatively new exchange so hasn’t yet established the same reputation as some other platforms