FundThrough invoice financing review
- Min. Amount
- Max. Amount
- Not applicable
FundThrough takes the legwork out of invoice financing. Its fully automated platform is easy enough to use on your phone. And its website is simple to navigate, making it easy to understand what you're getting into before you sign up. However, it's still more expensive than your typical business term loan and comes with weekly repayments.
100% advances available
Financing capped at $50,000
Must connect your financial accounts
|Loan term||1 to 3 months|
|Min. Credit Score||500|
|Financing fee||2.75% to 8.25%|
|Requirements||At least 100k in accounts receivable to one customer, invoice B2B or government agencies, invoices are for completed work, no construction or real estate, no explicit liens on receivables|
First, do I qualify?
FundThrough is in the process of reworking its eligibility requirements. However, it typically considers your business’s invoicing and banking history when you apply.
What makes FundThrough invoice financing unique?
FundThrough is one of the more user-friendly invoice financing options out there. By connecting with your business’s accounting software and bank account, it can process your application and transfer funds in as little as a day. And you can keep track of your account through its mobile app.
It’s also more up front about the cost than its competitors. FundTrough even offers a calculator you can use to get an estimate of how much your business might pay before you sign up. If the payment plan doesn’t work for you, it’s possible to come up with one that does by reaching out to the customer service team.
What is FundThrough invoice financing?
FundThrough Express Invoice Financing is an advance on unpaid invoices from other businesses or government agencies. It’s designed for businesses struggling with cash flow that need an extra boost.
It can advance up to 100% of the value of your company’s unpaid invoices that are less than 90 days old — from $500 to $10,000,000. Advances come with a 12-week term and a 0.5% fee on your balance per week. You can repay them as soon as your customers pay you — there’s no penalty for paying them off early.
FundThrough invoice factoring
With Pro Invoice Factoring, you can get an even larger advance by selling your unpaid invoices to FundThrough. This option allows you to get up to 100% of the value of your business’s unpaid invoices, no matter the amount. You can also get your funds as fast as the next day.
The downside is that FundThrough will collect payments directly from your customers, meaning they’ll be aware of your cashflow problems.
FundThrough bought out BlueVine factoring
FundThrough acquired BlueVine’s factoring business in January 2022. And it’s improved on BlueVine’s model by offering higher advance amounts to a wider range of small businesses. But BlueVine still offers lines of credit and could be a better option for businesses that don’t have a large volume of accounts receivables.
Read our BlueVine review to learn more about how it works.
What are the benefits of FundThrough invoice financing?
From its transparent costs to its automated application, here are a few perks of FundThrough invoice financing:
- Mobile-friendly platform. You can sign up, manage your account and take out another advance by using the app.
- Transparent costs. Unlike most invoice financing companies, FundThrough’s pricing is easy to understand. It even has a calculator to help you determine exactly how much you’ll pay.
- 100% advances available. You can borrow the full amount that your customers owe you through this service.
- No contracts. Unlike other companies, you don’t have to commit to a minimum number of months of invoice financing when you sign up.
- Automated application. FundThrough can sync with your accounting software to analyze your eligible invoices and get you funding in just one business day.
What to watch out for
Consider these potential drawbacks before signing up for invoice financing with FundThrough:
- Weekly repayments. Unlike with standard business loans, repayments are due each week.
- Financing capped at $50,000. You might want to consider factoring or other options if your business needs a larger advance.
- Must connect your financial accounts. FundThrough connects with your business’s accounting software and bank account. This might make you more vulnerable to hacks — even with the additional security measures it uses on these transactions.
Compare more business loans options
FundThrough reviews and complaints
|BBB customer complaints||1 customer complaints|
|Trustpilot Score||3.4 out of 5 stars, based on 2 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||06 August 2021|
FundThrough only has a handful of reviews and complaints from customers. In addition to being rated on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website and Trustpilot, it also scores a 4.8 out of 5 rating on the QuickBooks App Store based on 29 reviews. And over 130 customers gave 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google Reviews.
Customers are mainly pleased with how fast they were able to get their funds and how easy it was to apply. The one negative reviewer complained about the pricing — who FundThrough denies working with.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up by creating an account with FundThrough, either on its website or through the app.
Follow these steps to sign up online:
- Go to the FundThrough website and click Create an account.
- Fill out the required fields and create a password. Click Get paid faster with FundThrough.
- Follow the directions to connect your accounting software.
- Enter basic information about your company and check the box confirming it’s correct. Click Next.
- Provide details about your company’s revenue and customers. Click Next.
- Follow the directions to link your business’s bank account.
- Follow the directions to set up direct deposit with your bank account.
If approved, you’ll typically receive the funds in your bank account the following business day.
What documents do I need to apply?
It depends on the amount of funding you need and your business’s financial history. There’s a chance you won’t need to provide any documents at all. But larger advances might require a personal guarantee.
I got FundThrough invoice financing. Now what?
It’s time to pay it back. FundThrough typically deducts repayments from your business’s bank account automatically each week, plus the 0.5% fee. However, you might want to make additional repayments to cut down on the cost — which you can do at no extra charge.
Need more funds after the 12 weeks are up? You can fund more invoices by logging into your account online or through the app. If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to customer service through the live-chat feature on its website or by calling 800-766-0460.
FundThrough could be a good option if your business just needs a few thousand dollars to optimize performance. And it’s especially helpful if you’re short on time — thanks to its hands-off application. But while it’s more transparent than many other invoice financing companies about costs, it’s still a relatively expensive product.
You can find out how it compares to other options with our guide to business loans.
Frequently asked questions
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked