Broad riding coverage with special equipment and SR-22
- Get a quote if you need complete coverage for your bike.
- Pick something else if you need quick online claims reporting.
- Many types of riders can apply, including those who need an SR-22.
|States served||Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming|
- Customized coverage
- Lots of discounts
- High customer ratings
- Get SR-22 coverage
- Only available in 37 states
- No online claims available
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Dairyland offer?
Dairyland provides coverage for your basic needs on the road:
- Bodily injury. Pay for lost wages, medical and funeral expenses for another driver if you’re at fault.
- Property damage. Cover damages to someone else’s property during an accident.
- Collision. Pay for repairs when your bike gets damaged during an accident. This also includes damage caused by tip-overs.
- Comprehensive. Cover damages related to accidents that don’t involve hitting another vehicle or object — like from theft, storms and falling tree branches.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Protect yourself from at-fault drivers who don’t carry enough insurance to cover your property damages or physical injury expenses.
- Medical expenses. Get coverage for medical bills for you and your passengers.
- Personal injury protection. Like medical expense coverage, this pays for medical bills for yourself and anyone else covered by your policy. This coverage also includes non-medical expenses like lost wages and funeral costs. You may be limited on this type of coverage, depending on your state.
Which states does Dairyland cover?
Dairyland only provides coverage in 37 US states. States not covered include:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
What extra benefits and add-ons does Dairyland offer?
This company goes beyond standard coverage to provide you with extra protection:
- Physical damage plus. Make sure your motorcycle gets its original parts when repairing physical damages.
- Guest passenger. Gain extra coverage for physical injuries to passengers along for the ride.
- Replacement cost. Get the full cost of a new bike if you’re involved in a total loss accident. This includes permanent equipment that you customized on your bike that doesn’t come factory standard.
- Optional or special equipment. Pay for repairs or losses involving options that aren’t factory standard. This coverage applies to amounts that exceed standard equipment that you’ve replaced with optional features.
- Roadside assistance. Get assistance if you experience trouble on the road, including gas delivery, tire repairs and battery jumping.
- Trip interruption. Pay for trip expenses if you’re stuck more than 100 miles from home. Expenses included are food, lodging, lost deposits, transportation and towing.
- Rental reimbursement. Pay for an eligible rental vehicle so you can still get around while your motorcycle is being repaired.
What discounts can I get with Dairyland?
Get a variety of discounts with this company:
- Multicycle discount. Insure more than one motorcycle with Dairyland.
- Group rider. See if your rider group is eligible for discounts.
- Harley member. If you own a Harley Davidson, become part of the Harley Owners Group.
- Customer loyalty. Replace or add a motorcycle as a Dairyland customer for at least a year.
- Safety course. Take an approved motorcycle safety course or get credit for one you’ve taken in the past five years.
- Home ownership. Earn a discount if you own an insured house, condo, townhouse or mobile home where you park your bike.
Pros and cons of Dairyland motorcycle insurance
- Wide coverage options. This company offers all the extras for your motorcycle needs — including equipment coverage, roadside assistance and trip interruption.
- Multiple discounts. With a variety of easy-to-get discounts, you’re likely to qualify for one or more.
- High customer reviews. Consumer reviews rate the company highly for its premium service and coverage options.
- SR-22 coverage available. Don’t have a spotless driving record? You can still get motorcycle coverage here.
- Not in all 50 states. Dairyland doesn’t provide coverage in several states.
- No online claims. The company doesn’t offer convenient online claims reporting. However, you can file a claim with its 24/7 phone service.
How to apply for Dairyland motorcycle insurance
You can apply for motorcycle insurance in three ways: online, by phone or in person.
Online. Follow these steps to apply online:
- Go to the Dairyland motorcycle insurance home page.
- Enter your ZIP code and click Get a Quote.
- Fill out your personal information, motorcycle details and driver information.
- Discover discounts you may qualify for, choose your coverage and finalize your policy.
Phone. If you’d like to speak with an agent by phone, call 844-232-8502.
Local agent. Prefer working with a customer service agent?
- Click Find an agent below the Get a Quote box.
- Enter your ZIP code, coverage needed and distance from your home.
- Choose a local agent and set up a meeting.
What info do I need to apply?
Make the quoting process a breeze by keeping this information on hand:
- Home address
- Driver or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle details, such as make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Required coverage in your state
- Method of payment: banking account information, debit or credit card
How to make a claim with Dairyland
With Dairyland, you can report a motorcycle claim over the phone as well as fax police reports and other evidence:
- Phone. File your claim with a representative at 800-334-0090.
- Fax. Fax police reports and other documents to support your claim at 888-729-2225.
Alternatives to Dairyland
Dairyland offers complete coverage of everything you need to ride, plus a variety of discounts to keep your rates down.
If you live in one of the 37 states where it’s offered, get a quote from Dairyland or compare other motorcycle insurance options for the best fit.