- Easy-to-use platform
- Low fees
- Student and young investor discounts
The best resort stocks depend on your portfolio and investment goals — while volatility can be ideal for day traders, long-term investors will want to look to stocks with steadier gains over time.
- Access to international stock exchanges
- Low margin rates
- Powerful research tools
- $50 in free trades
- Low commissions
- Easy-to-use app
Our picks for the best resort stocksWe round up a selection of stocks in or related to the vacation industry, weighting the list more heavily towards popular mid- and large-cap US stocks.
1. Hilton Worldwide (HLT)
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. , a hospitality company, engages in managing, franchising, owning, and leasing hotels and resorts. It operates through two segments, Management and Franchise, and Ownership.
- Previous close price: $170.43
- Market capitalization: $43,997,413,376
- 1 year performance: 27.55%
- P/E ratio: 34.5907
2. Marriott International (MAR)
Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotel, residential, timeshare, and other lodging properties worldwide. The company operates through U.
- Previous close price: $208.03
- Market capitalization: $61,466,578,944
- 1 year performance: 33.14%
- P/E ratio: 22.1695
3. Hyatt Hotels Corporation (H)
Hyatt Hotels Corporation operates as a hospitality company in the United States and internationally. It operates through Owned and Leased Hotels, Americas Management and Franchising, ASPAC Management and Franchising, EAME/SW Asia Management and Franchising, and Apple Leisure Group segments. The company manages, franchises, licenses, owns, and leases portfolio of properties, consisting of full-service hotels and resorts, select service hotels, resorts, and other properties, including timeshare, fractional, residential, vacation, and condominium units.
- Previous close price: $120.82
- Market capitalization: $12,180,715,520
- 1 year performance: 25.25%
- P/E ratio: 26.5393
4. Wyndham Hotels-and-Resorts (WH)
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc. operates as a hotel franchisor worldwide. It operates through Hotel Franchising and Hotel Management segments.
- Previous close price: $78.46
- Market capitalization: $6,488,450,560
- 1 year performance: 6.89%
- P/E ratio: 22.7355
5. MGM Resorts International (MGM)
MGM Resorts International, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates casino, hotel, and entertainment resorts in the United States and Macau. The company operates through three segments: Las Vegas Strip Resorts, Regional Operations, and MGM China. Its casino resorts offer gaming, hotel, convention, dining, entertainment, retail, and other resort amenities.
- Previous close price: $39.81
- Market capitalization: $14,028,882,944
- 1 year performance: N/A
- P/E ratio: 13.7819
How to buy resort stocks
- Compare online trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Use our comparison table to narrow down top brokers by fees and bonuses.
- Open and fund your account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for the stock you're interested in. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol, like HLT or MAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy fractional shares, depending on your broker.
- Buy the stock. Congratulations, you own a part of a resort company. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the sector as a whole — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Buy resort stocks from these online trading platformsCompare special offers, low fees and a wide range of investment options among top trading platforms.
Note: The dollar amounts in the table below are in Canadian dollars.
Bottom lineWhile it's possible to turn a profit investing in resort stocks, keep in mind that — like any investment — resort stocks are not immune to risk. These stocks are subject to fluctuating conditions — both in the market and in the vacation industry, so carefully vet your picks before you invest. And if you're new to investing, or if it's been awhile since you've taken a critical look at your investing accounts, compare brokers to make sure you're getting the best features in your trading account.
More on investing
Your guide to how ETFs work and whether this type of investment is right for you.Read more…
Learning how to read stock charts and recognize chart patterns can unlock your success as a trader.Read more…
Owning a stock means you own part of a company and can potentially grow your wealth. But there is a risk of loss.Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to buy Yoshitsu Co. stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Yoshitsu Co. stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Cerberus Cyber Sentinel stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Cerberus Cyber Sentinel stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Fresh Grapes LLC stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Fresh Vine Wine, Inc stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Quest Diagnostics Incorporated stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing DGX with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Nuvectis Pharma (NVCT) stock in Canada when it goes public
Everything we know about the Nuvectis Pharma IPO plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy BuzzFeed stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing BuzzFeed, Inc stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Best renewable energy stocks
These are the best renewable energy stocks to buy now in Canada.
How to buy ADMA Biologics stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing ADMA with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Dycom Industries stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing DY with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy VICI Properties stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing VICI with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.