BlueVine Business Checking review
A digital bank account with impressive perks: Earn 0.6% APY with free transactions.
finder.com’s rating: 4.5 / 5.0
★★★★★BlueVine Business Checking is best for small business owners, contract workers and freelancers who want a free account with impressive perks. It has no monthly fees and rewards you with 0.6% interest on balances of up to $100,000. But although it accepts cash deposits, you’ll pay $4.95 each time.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and kids’ debit cards. She’s been featured on Legal Zoom, MSN, and Consolidated Credit and has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. When not writing, you can find her exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
The BlueVine Business Checking account stands apart for its impressive 0.6% APY, free transactions and no minimum deposits or monthly fees.
While there are other business checking accounts out there that earn interest and others that have no fees, it’s rare to find one that offers both perks.
For example, LendingClub Tailored Checking offers interest, but you’ll pay a $10 monthly fee. And while TIAA Bank’s Small Business Checking account is free and bears interest, you’ll only earn 0.12% APY, which is much lower than what you’ll earn with BlueVine Business Checking.
But BlueVine Business Checking does have a few drawbacks. You won’t earn interest on balances over $100,000 and you’ll pay $4.95 each time you deposit cash at a Green Dot location. BlueVine Business Checking also doesn’t currently integrate with any accounting software.
How do I open a BlueVine Business Checking account?
It takes 60 seconds to sign up for a BlueVine Business Checking account using these steps:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the official Bluevine website, click on the Business Checking tab and select Sign up for free.
- Enter your full name, email address and phone number.
- Create your password and click Get Started.
- Enter your business information and click Next.
- Enter your personal information and click Finish.
Open a BlueVine Business Checking account when you meet these requirements:
- Small business owner
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or resident
- US residential address
- Not in the adult entertainment, gambling, weapons and firearms or illegal substances industries
Here’s everything you’ll need to open your account:
- Business name
- Business address
- Business phone number
- Social Security number or employer identification number (EIN)
- Entity type
- Annual revenue
- Full name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Percentage of ownership
What are the benefits of a BlueVine Business Checking account?
With BlueVine Business Checking, you can pay bills online, instantly lock your debit card from your phone and schedule one-time or recurring payments. Your account comes with two free checkbooks and these unique perks:
- Unlimited transactions. Open this account with as little as $0 and enjoy unlimited transfers, deposits and withdrawals for free.
- No hidden fees. Unlike other banks, Bluevine doesn’t charge any fees for monthly maintenance, incoming wires, non-sufficient funds and more. Plus, there are no minimum opening deposit requirements.
- Earns interest. Earn an impressive 0.6% APY on balances up to $100,000 in your BlueVine Business Checking account.
- Accepts cash deposits. Deposit cash or checks at over 90,000 Green Dot locations nationwide, a rare perk considering most online bank accounts don’t accept cash at all.
- Software integrations. Bluevine syncs with accounting software like QuickBooks Online, Wave, Freshbooks and more. You can also connect your account to PayPal, Stripe, Expensify and other business tools.
Bluevine’s ATM network and fees
Use your Bluevine Business Debit Mastercard to withdraw cash for free at over 38,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide. If you use a machine outside of this network, Bluevine won’t charge you a fee, but the ATM operator might. Bluevine doesn’t reimburse fees from using ATMs out of its network.
ATMs in the Bluevine network don’t accept cash deposits. Instead, you’ll need to visit any of the 90,000 Green Dot locations to make deposits.
What should I look out for?BlueVine Business Checking has its perks, but there are a few things to watch out for:
- Fee for cash deposits. You’ll pay $4.95 when you deposit cash at a Green Dot location.
- No savings account options. BlueVine Business Checking is the only bank account you’ll find with Bluevine. If you’re hoping to keep your checking and savings in one place, you may want to keep looking.
Looking for a free account that integrates seamlessly with your accounting software? Compare the best free business checking accounts.
Compare Bluevine Business with other checking accounts
Use this table to see how BlueVine Business Checking stacks up against other business checking accounts. Sort by minimum deposit to open, fees and more.
How long will it take to get my card?
Once your account is approved, you’ll instantly get a virtual debit card to use online and through ApplePay or GooglePay. Your physical debit card will arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?BlueVine Business Checking gives you several ways to access your money:
- Direct deposit
- Check deposit via mobile app or at a Green Dot location
- Cash deposit at a Green Dot location
- Domestic wire transfer
- ACH transfer from an external bank account
- Transfer from a linked bank account
- Cash back at an ATM
- Domestic wire transfer
- ACH transfer to an external bank account
- Transfer to a linked bank account
- Cash back at a retailer
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.