Bluevine Business Checking review
A digital account that earns 1% APY, has unlimited transactions and accepts cash deposits.Bluevine Business Checking is best for small business owners, contract workers and freelancers who want a free account with impressive perks. It has no monthly fees and rewards you with 1% interest on balances of $1,000 or more. But although it accepts cash deposits, you’ll pay $4.95 each time.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and investments. She has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. Cassidy enjoys educating people about financial services, exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
The Bluevine Business Checking account ropes small business owners in with an impressive 1% APY, but the perks don’t stop there. This account has no minimum deposit or monthly fees. Plus, it features unlimited free transactions, so you can make as many deposits, transfers and withdrawals as you need without paying fees once you hit a certain limit. You can also deposit cash at over 90,000 retail locations nationwide — which you can’t do with most digital accounts.
But the account has a few drawbacks. You need to keep at least $1,000 in your account to earn interest and you’ll pay $4.95 each time you deposit cash at a Green Dot location. Bluevine Business Checking also doesn’t currently integrate with any accounting software.
What are the benefits of a Bluevine Business Checking account?
With Bluevine Business Checking, you can pay bills online, instantly lock your debit card from your phone and schedule one-time or recurring payments. You’ll also enjoy these perks:
- Unlimited transactions. Open this account with as little as $0 and enjoy unlimited transfers, deposits and withdrawals for free.
- No hidden fees. Unlike other banks, you won’t pay a monthly maintenance fee and there’s no fees for incoming wires and non-sufficient funds.
- Earns interest. Earn an impressive 1% APY when you keep at least $1,000 in your Bluevine Business Checking account.
- Accepts cash deposits. Deposit cash or checks at over 90,000 Green Dot locations nationwide, a rare perk considering most online bank accounts don’t accept cash at all.
Bluevine’s ATM network and fees
Use your Bluevine Business Debit Mastercard to withdraw cash for free at over 38,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide. If you use a machine outside of this network, Bluevine won’t charge you a fee, but the ATM operator might. Bluevine doesn’t reimburse fees from using ATMs out of its network.
ATMs in the Bluevine network don’t accept cash deposits. Instead, you’ll need to visit any of the 90,000 Green Dot locations to make deposits.
What should I look out for?Bluevine Business Checking has its perks, but there are a few things to watch out for:
- Fee for cash deposits. You’ll pay $4.95 when you deposit cash at a Green Dot location.
- No accounting integrations. Other business bank accounts integrate with accounting software so you can manage your books in one place. Bluevine doesn’t have this feature yet, but it hopes to offer it in the future.
- No savings account options. Bluevine Business Checking is the only bank account you’ll find with Bluevine. If you’re hoping to keep your checking and savings in one place, you may want to keep looking.
Looking for a free account that integrates seamlessly with your accounting software? Compare the best free business checking accounts.
Compare Bluevine Business with other checking accounts
Use this table to see how Bluevine Business Checking stacks up against other business checking accounts. Sort by minimum deposit to open, fees and more.
How do I open a Bluevine Business Checking account?
It takes 60 seconds to sign up for a Bluevine Business Checking account using these steps:
- Go to the official Bluevine website, click on the Business Checking tab and select Join now.
- Enter your full name, email address and phone number.
- Create your password and click Get Started.
- Enter your business information and click Next.
- Enter your personal information and click Finish.
Open a Bluevine Business Checking account when you meet these requirements:
- Small business owner
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or resident
- US residential address
- Not in the adult entertainment, gambling, weapons and firearms or illegal substances industries
Here’s everything you’ll need to open your account:
- Business name
- Business address
- Business phone number
- Social Security number or employer identification number (EIN)
- Entity type
- Annual revenue
- Full name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Percentage of ownership
How long will it take to get my card?
Once your account is approved, you’ll instantly get a virtual debit card to use online and through ApplePay or GooglePay. Your physical debit card will arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?Bluevine Business Checking gives you several ways to access your money:
- Direct deposit
- Check deposit via mobile app or at a Green Dot location
- Cash deposit at a Green Dot location
- Domestic wire transfer
- ACH transfer from an external bank account
- Transfer from a linked bank account
- Cash back at an ATM
- Domestic wire transfer
- ACH transfer to an external bank account
- Transfer to a linked bank account
- Cash back at a retailer