- Easy-to-use platform
- Low fees
- Student and young investor discounts
The best BNPL stocks depend on your portfolio and investment goals — while volatility can be ideal for day traders, long-term investors will want to look to stocks with steadier gains over time.
- Access to international stock exchanges
- Low margin rates
- Powerful research tools
- $50 in free trades
- Low commissions
- Easy-to-use app
Our picks for the best BNPL stocksWe round up a selection of stocks in or related to the buy now, pay later industry, weighting the list more heavily towards popular mid- and large-cap US stocks.
1. PayPal (PYPL)
PayPal Holdings, Inc. operates a technology platform that enables digital payments on behalf of merchants and consumers worldwide. It operates a two-sided network at scale that connects merchants and consumers that enables its customers to connect, transact, and send and receive payments through online and in person, as well as transfer and withdraw funds using various funding sources, such as bank accounts, PayPal or Venmo account balance, PayPal and Venmo branded credit products comprising its installment products, credit and debit cards, and cryptocurrencies, as well as other stored value products, including gift cards and eligible rewards.
- Previous close price: $57.48
- Market capitalization: $62,782,533,632
- 1 year performance: -23.01%
- P/E ratio: 15.2552
2. Block (SQ)
Block, Inc. operates as a technology company with a focus on financial services. It builds tools to help people in accessing the economy.
- Previous close price: $64.47
- Market capitalization: $40,143,323,136
- 1 year performance: -14.06%
3. Affirm (AFRM)
Affirm Holdings, Inc. operates a platform for digital and mobile-first commerce in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The company's platform includes point-of-sale payment solution for consumers, merchant commerce solutions, and a consumer-focused app.
- Previous close price: $36.67
- Market capitalization: $11,503,631,360
- 1 year performance: 184.96%
4. Visa IncClass A (V)
Visa Inc. operates as a payment technology company in the United States and internationally. The company operates VisaNet, a transaction processing network that enables authorization, clearing, and settlement of payment transactions.
- Previous close price: $276.76
- Market capitalization: $572,181,708,800
- 1 year performance: 23.70%
- P/E ratio: 32.0552
5. Shopify (SHOP)
Shopify Inc. , a commerce company, provides a commerce platform and services in Canada, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Asia Pacific, Australia, China, and Latin America. The company's platform enables merchants to displays, manages, markets, and sells its products through various sales channels, including web and mobile storefronts, physical retail locations, pop-up shops, social media storefronts, native mobile apps, buy buttons, and marketplaces; and enables to manage products and inventory, process orders and payments, fulfill and ship orders, new buyers and build customer relationships, source products, leverage analytics and reporting, manage cash, payments and transactions, and access financing.
- Previous close price: $75.59
- Market capitalization: $101,739,503,616
- 1 year performance: 50.85%
- P/E ratio: 790.4
6. American Express Company (AXP)
American Express Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as integrated payments company in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Canada, the Caribbean, and Internationally. It operates through four segments: U. S.
- Previous close price: $210.89
- Market capitalization: $153,865,814,016
- 1 year performance: 18.21%
- P/E ratio: 18.9786
How to buy BNPL stocks
- Compare online trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Use our comparison table to narrow down top brokers by fees and bonuses.
- Open and fund your account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for the stock you're interested in. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol, like PYPL or SQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy fractional shares, depending on your broker.
- Buy the stock. Congratulations, you own a part of a BNPL company. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the sector as a whole — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Buy BNPL stocks from these online trading platformsCompare special offers, low fees and a wide range of investment options among top trading platforms.
Note: The dollar amounts in the table below are in Canadian dollars.
Bottom lineWhile it's possible to turn a profit investing in BNPL stocks, keep in mind that — like any investment — BNPL stocks are not immune to risk. These stocks are subject to fluctuating conditions — both in the market and in the buy now, pay later industry, so carefully vet your picks before you invest. And if you're new to investing, or if it's been awhile since you've taken a critical look at your investing accounts, compare brokers to make sure you're getting the best features in your trading account.
More on investing
Your guide to how ETFs work and whether this type of investment is right for you.Read more…
Learning how to read stock charts and recognize chart patterns can unlock your success as a trader.Read more…
Owning a stock means you own part of a company and can potentially grow your wealth. But there is a risk of loss.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Line of credit vs credit card
Learn the difference between a line of credit and a credit card to choose the best fit for you.
How credit card churning in Canada works
The controversial strategy of credit card churning involves applying for credit cards with bonus point offers, then cancelling them when you’ve been rewarded.
Best platinum credit cards for 2024
Get access to benefits such as comprehensive insurance coverage, high credit limits and other features with a platinum credit card.
Best credit cards for seniors
Compare credit cards for retirees and pensioners and learn how to find the right card for your needs.
Gold vs platinum credit cards: Which is best?
Gold and Platinum credit cards both offer a variety of exclusive perks and features for different spending habits and needs.
Want to pay your bills with a credit card?
Want to pay and manage your bills with a credit card so you’ll never miss a payment again? We’ve got you covered.
How credit card interest rates work
Find out how to calculate credit card interest and understand the different types of interest rates that you may face.
Can you get a credit card from a different bank?
It is possible to get a credit card from another bank other than your own. Learn how to take advantage of a better offer and apply today.
Why was my credit card application denied?
Here are some of the biggest reasons why credit card applications get rejected. Find out what you should do when applying, and compare credit card options.
Scotiabank SCENE+ Visa Card Review
Access Scotiabank’s top-notch movie rewards program when you sign up for the SCENE Visa Card.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.