Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Faxless payday loans
Apply for faxless payday loans online and get your funds within a few hours.
Gone are the days of faxing personal documents to apply for a payday loan. You can apply quickly and easily for faxless payday loans completely online and receive your approved funds within hours via direct deposit or electronic bank transfer.
Compare faxless payday loans
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansPayday loans are expensive. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). Consider payday loan alternatives:
- Visit 211.ca. A free and confidential service that connects you to organizations that can help with finances, food, housing and more.
- Debt relief companies. There are services to help you reduce your debt payments.
- Payment extensions. Talk with bill providers about longer payment plans or due-date extensions.
- Side jobs. Sell unwanted items online, sign up for food delivery and more.
Maximum borrowing costs per provinceAlways refer to your contract for exact repayment amounts and costs as they may vary from our results.
|Province||Maximum allowable cost of borrowing|
|Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Ontario & Prince Edward Island||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Manitoba, Saskatchewan & Nova Scotia||$17 per $100 borrowed|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$21 per $100 borrowed|
|Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the Yukon||Up to $60 per $100 borrowed|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% annual interest rate (AIR)|
What are faxless payday loans?
Faxless payday loans allow borrowers to apply for a loan online, without the need to fax over financial documents or visit a branch in person to finish their application. It’s useful if you’re in a hurry to get funds. You can sign documents electronically and receive your funding via direct deposit or Interac e-Transfer.
Here’s a look at the key features of faxless payday loans:
- Easy application you can complete anywhere with an Internet connection. You can usually apply for faxless payday loans online in under 10 minutes.
- Small loan amounts and short loan terms. Borrow up to $1,500. It must be repaid within 62 days or by your next pay date. If you can’t pay it back on time, you’ll face more fees and interest charges.
- Fast turnaround time. Faxless payday loan lenders usually provide almost instantaneous approval. Count on getting your funds in as little as a few minutes to hours after approval.
- Bad credit doesn’t matter. Payday lenders shift the emphasis from your credit score to your ability to repay your loan. As long as you can prove you have a stable income, you should be in the clear.
Are faxless payday loans safe?
They are – as long as you’re working with a legitimate, licensed payday lender. Payday loans are one of the most expensive ways to borrow money with interest rates over 400%. These high costs make it that much harder to repay the loan and could keep borrowers in a cycle of debt.
If you’re aware of the steep price tag and have a concrete repayment plan, here’s how you can ensure you’re working with a legitimate lender:
How do I get my funds if I apply for a faxless payday loan?
Once you’re approved and you’ve signed off on your contract, faxless payday loans can be funded in the following ways:
- Interac e-Transfer. Your lender will issue your funds via a money transfer that’s sent to your email address. The message will include a link you’ll need to click on to direct you to the money transfer. From there, you can select which bank you have an online account with and log in to deposit your funding.
- Direct deposit. If your lender doesn’t provide Interac e-Transfer, it will send your funds via direct deposit straight into the bank account with the account information that you provided on your application. You’ll need to provide your chequing account number, routing number and institution number. This is a hands-off method for receiving your funds.
Faxless payday loans are done completely online so you won’t be able to receive cash like you would if you applied to a payday lender with physical storefronts.
What to watch out for
Consumers need to tread carefully with payday loans. Here’s what you should consider:
- No in-person interaction. Because faxless payday loans are managed completely online, you won’t receive any in-person help if this is important to you.
- Sky-high fees. Payday loans are notorious for their incredibly high fees. You’ll pay between $15 and $25 for every $100 you borrow, depending on your province or territory.
- Quick repayment terms. Payday loans must be repaid by your next payday, which is usually in 1-4 weeks. Most provinces cap loans at 62 days, after which additional late charges and penalties will be added to your amount owed.
- Automatic withdrawals. Lenders usually set up automatic loan repayments from your bank account on your due date, which means you have to budget accordingly to avoid late charges.
Do I qualify?
While eligibility criteria vary from lender to lender, these are the most common requirements you’ll need to meet:
- Residency. Be a Canadian resident, with proof of ID (passport, citizenship card or driver’s licence).
- Age. Meet the minimum age requirement, which varies from province to province.
- Income. Get paid by direct deposit with a “steady source of income” whether from employment or from government, tax or pension benefits (proof of income via bank statements, pay stubs, benefits letter etc.).
- Bank account. Have an open bank account with a Canadian bank or credit union.
- Contact details. Have your own valid email account, phone number and home address.
How to apply for faxless payday loans
If you’re ready to apply for a faxless payday loan, follow these steps. Keep in mind, each lender will have its own application form but they’ll follow a similar process:
If you need emergency money, faxless payday loans are a quick solution, especially if you have your financial information readily available on your phone or laptop. Consider the risks and know your rights before you sign. Payday loans come with incredibly steep fees so be sure to have an exit strategy to pay off the loan by your next payday.
If you don’t think that you can pay back your loan on time, you may want to consider payday loan alternatives, which will often come with better terms and more manageable payment options.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
E-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
Get cash fast with an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba.
Compare $700 loans
Compare lenders that offer $700 loans with fast approvals and funding.
7 payday loans in Edmonton, Alberta
Have bad credit? Need quick cash? Compare payday loans in Edmonton and get up to $1,500.
Money Direct payday loans review
If you’re currently employed, you can borrow up to $1,500 from payday lender Money Direct.
Better Than the Bank review
Better Than the Bank is an underwriting provider partnered with lenders that offer short-term loans.
4 loans like Speedy Cash
Speedy Cash is a payday lender that offers rapid approval and funding. Here are loans like Speedy Cash that offer the same benefits.
Read this PrestoCash review to help you decide whether you should apply.
Payday loans for low income
You can get a payday loan with a low income, but watch out for high interest rates.
Compare AISH payday loans
Some payday lenders accept AISH as a valid source of income. Find out where you can get approved for AISH payday loans.
Money Mart vs Cash Money
Compare the features of Money Mart vs Cash Money, two well-known alternative lenders in Canada.