Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Money Mart payday and installment loans
Find out how you can get same-day approval for a payday or installment loan from this reputable lender.
If you need quick access to emergency cash, you might want to look into a payday or installment loan from Money Mart. This online lender can approve your application and deposit funds into your account in as little as two hours. You can also qualify for financing by visiting one of the thousands of physical branches across Canada.
While these loans can be a quick fix in a pinch, it’s important to note that they also come with very high interest rates. For this reason, you should only use them as a temporary solution to help with any short-term financial issues you might have.
How does borrowing from Money Mart work?
You can borrow up to $1500 with payday loans and $15,000 with an installment loan from Money Mart. To apply for financing, you can start an application online, over the phone or at a Money Mart store.
What types of loans does Money Mart provide?
Money Mart provides both installment loans and payday loans, depending on how much you want to borrow and how you want to receive your funds.
You can apply for these loans online or in-store and your funds will be deposited into your account via e-transfer within a couple of hours. The amount you may be able to qualify for ranges between $1,000 and $15,000, depending on your credit score and current financial situation. The annual interest rates you’ll pay on this amount are very high (sitting around 47% in most provinces) and you’ll typically have between 12 and 48 months to pay your loan off.
Payday loans (or cash advances)
You’ll be able to apply for a payday loan at one of Money Mart’s physical stores (which are located across Canada). You may be able to get as much as $1,500 in cash as soon as you apply with no credit check. Once you get your money, you’ll have up to two months to pay it back in one lump-sum payment. You’ll also pay a fee on top of this amount that varies based on how much you borrow.
What can I use my loan for?
You can use your Money Mart loan for any expenses you might have. These can include some of the following costs:
- Emergency expenses. You’ll be able to pay for emergency expenses like car repairs or medical bills.
- Monthly expenses. You may be able to use a Money Mart loan to cover monthly costs like your rent or car payments.
- One-off payments. You can use the money you borrow to make one-off payments for large purchases like flights, wedding expenses and other costs.
- Debt repayment. You may be able to use your newfound cash to make your minimum credit card payments or to consolidate the debts you owe.
What are the benefits of a Money Mart loan?
There are a number of benefits you can take advantage of with a payday or installment loan:
- Easy application. You can apply for a loan online or in-store in a matter of minutes.
- Fast approval. You should get your money within a couple of hours of being approved for your loan.
- Easy payout. You can collect your funds in person, through direct deposit or via Interac e-transfer.
- Unsecured loans. You won’t need to put up any collateral like your home or vehicle to secure your loan.
- Bad credit doesn’t matter. You’ll usually be able to qualify for a loan as long as you have a steady form of income.
- No fee for early repayment. You won’t have to pay an additional fee to repay your loan early.
- Locations across Canada. You’ll be able to access one of Money Mart’s physical branch locations in almost every city across Canada.
What should I watch out for?
The main drawback of a payday or installment loan is the cost of borrowing. You’ll often pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars in additional charges on top of the amount you borrow by the time you pay back your loan.
For example, the annual interest you’ll pay on an installment loan can hover around 47%. This means that if you borrow $1,000, you’ll have to pay back almost half of this amount in interest over the course of one year. This works out to a total repayment of $1,470 on a $1,000 loan.
If you take out a payday loan, you’ll have to pay a high service fee that depends on the amount of money you borrow. For example, if you take out a payday loan in Ontario, you’ll likely owe an additional $150 in fees on top of every $1,000 you take out. This fee will get higher as you borrow more money.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a loan from Money Mart, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces) for payday loans and at least 19 years old for installment loans.
- Have a Canadian bank account.
- Earn a steady form of income.
Required documents and information
- Proof of ID. You’ll have to show a government-issued piece of ID like your driver’s licence or passport to prove your identity.
- Proof of address. You may need to submit a utility or cell phone bill to prove that you’re living at a stable address in Canada.
- Pre-authorized debit. You’ll have to submit a direct deposit form to facilitate withdrawals from your account.
- Income verification. You could be required to submit pay stubs, bank statements or other documents to prove your income.
How to apply
If you think you meet all the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to get started with your loan application, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and negotiate the terms of your loan if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Choose how you’d like to receive your funds.
Money Mart is an online loan and cash advance company that will let you borrow as much as $15,000 in a matter of minutes. Just be aware that any money you borrow will come with very high interest rates and has the potential to lead you further into debt. Use this post to find out what you need to qualify and start your application today.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansPayday loans are expensive. If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call Credit Counselling Canada from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday at +1 866-398-5999. Consider alternatives before applying for a payday loan:
- Local resources. Government agencies, nonprofits and local charities often offer free financial services and help with food, utilities and rent for those in need.
- Payment extensions. Talk with your bill providers about a longer payment plan or extension on your due date if you're behind on payments.
- Side jobs. Today's digital marketplace offers the ability to more easily sell unwanted items, sign up for food delivery or drive for rideshare services.
Compare other payday loans
Check the websites of any lenders you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your province or territory of residence.
Maximum borrowing costsYou should always refer to your loan agreement for exact repayment amounts and costs as they may vary from our results. The table below shows the maximum allowable cost of borrowing under a payday loan for each province:
|Province||Maximum allowable cost of borrowing|
|Alberta||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|British Columbia||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Manitoba||$17 per $100 borrowed|
|New Brunswick||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$21 per $100 borrowed|
|Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the Yukon||$60 per $100 borrowed|
|Nova Scotia||$19 per $100 borrowed|
|Ontario||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Prince Edward Island||$25 per $100 borrowed|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% annual interest rate (AIR)|
|Saskatchewan||$17 per $100 borrowed|
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Loans after a consumer proposal
Find out how you can get approved for a loan even after filing for a consumer proposal.
Cash Money Line of Credit review
Need access to cash? Cash Money lines of credit offer flexibility to borrow as much or as little as you need, up to a maximum of $10,000.
Canadian Auto News car loan review
Canadian Auto News matches you with local lenders and dealerships to help you find the perfect car and car financing for your needs.
Compare Car Loans
Need a car loan to finance your new set of wheels? Compare the best car loans here to get on the road faster with more money in your pocket.
How to invest $10k
Grow your wealth the smart way with these top 6 picks.
Splash Auto Finance car loan review
Splash Auto Finance specializes in car loans for borrowers with less-than-ideal credit histories.
Compare short-term business loans
Compare business financing options for quick cashflow fixes.
American Express Essential Credit Card Review
Pay no annual fee and save money on your outstanding balance with this low-interest credit card.
9 expert tips to finance a startup
Tried and true advice for starting a new business.
Debt.ca debt relief services review
If you’re struggling with your finances, Debt.ca helps you consider your debt relief options and connects you with local debt specialists.