Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Travelex Canada international money transfers | Review & Analysis
Send money overseas or ship over 50 international currencies straight to your doorstep with Travelex Canada.
Complete online currency orders or transfer money to over 50 countries with Travelex Canada. From small businesses and global corporations to families near and far away, Travelex Canada offers a convenient, secure and affordable way for Canadians to send money overseas. Lodge a transfer online or order currencies straight to your doorstep.
Travelex Canada offers two unique services to help you get your hands on the currencies you need before or during your trip overseas.
- Send money transfers. Boasting low exchange rates and minimal fees, this online transfer service guarantees the best overall price per transaction. Best of all, if you do manage to find a better price elsewhere, they promise to make you a better offer. Transactions start from $500.
- Order currencies. For trip pre-departure, Travelex can ship over 65 international currencies straight to your doorstep with a wide range of flexible and free delivery options (woo hoo!). In Canada, the only Travelex pick-up location can be found at the Calgary Airport.
When time is of the essence, Travelex can wire funds to banks in foreign countries or you can purchase a foreign currency draft. If you choose to purchase a draft, Travelex will send you a check in your preferred currency within 48 hours which you can then forward the check through the mail or by courier.
When it comes to planning a trip overseas, it pays (quite literally) to get organized pre-departure by purchasing local currency in advance. For a hassle-free process, buy your currency online using Travelex Canada’s simple and straightforward application.
- Open the Travelex Canada website and click “Buy Now”.
- Select the currency you wish to purchase (ie. Euro, GBP, USD, etc.)
- Enter the first three characters of your postal code, city or departure airport
- Select your region from the drop-down list (home deliveries can only be made to the registered billing address of your chosen payment method)
- Select delivery date (Monday to Friday, two or more days after ordering)
- Input personal details
- Update payment details
- Read and agree to the Online Terms and Conditions
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email
When you order your currency, a full breakdown of costs, such as delivery fees, will be shown on the right-hand side of the page and confirmed by email. Orders must be confirmed before 1pm to be available next day and can be placed for up to 21 days in advance.
When you purchase foreign cash online, you can choose from over 65 international currencies.
- Euro (EUR)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- South African rand (ZAR)
- United Stated dollar (USD)
- Swiss franc (CHF)
Travelex offers 50+ other world currencies, from pesos to rupees to ringgits, and everything in between.
- Free delivery. Standard and priority delivery services are free of charge.
- Easy to use. Simple registration process and next-day delivery.
- Secure money transfer. Travelex website employs the latest 128-bit encryption technology to ensure that any information submitted through the website is secure.
- Limited store locations. Travelex only operates one store location in Canada, located at the Calgary airport.
The following limits apply to online foreign currency orders:
- A minimum order value of $250.
- In 24 hours, you can order up to $5,000.
- In 21 days, you can order up to $20,000.
You can cancel your foreign currency order at any time and the money will be refunded back to your account. A fee of $25 is charged when you cancel a Travelex foreign currency order.
Travelex understands that travel plans can change, so they will do their best to amend your order if the need arises. If the order has already been dispatched for delivery, changes cannot be guaranteed.
You may also be interested in
SPONSORED: How you can save when sending money abroad for festive occasions with Simplii Financial.Read more…
Here’s what you need to know about Western Union fees and exchange rates for international money transfers from Canada.Read more…
SPONSORED: From cashback to super low fees, here are the Top 5 bonus features to look for in a money transfer—and how Simplii Financial can help you.Read more…
When you go to collect your foreign currency order, you need to show the following:
If you paid with your card:
- Show the card the order was paid for.
For all payments, you’ll need to provide the following:
- A confirmation of your payment (the confirmation email or your order reference number.
- One of the following forms of identification:
- Passport or driver’s licence.
You have to sign for your order when you collect your foreign cash.
How does Travelex Canada compare to other services?
More guides on Finder
COVID-19 antigen tests for travel in Canada
Find out how antigen tests work, where to get one in Canada, how much an antigen test costs and more.
Where to buy melatonin gummies online in Canada 2021
Reset your internal clock and allow yourself to sleep easier when you source melatonin gummies at these leading online stores.
Stock trading tax guide in Canada
We break down how the CRA treats stock gains and losses, how foreign stocks are taxed, which trading expenses are tax-deductible and more.
The best stock trading platforms in Canada
Use our guide to find the best stock trading platform in Canada.
Day trading in Canada
Learn the rules of day trading in Canada before you dive into this full-time commitment.
Best stock trading apps and platforms in Canada
The best trading apps come with low fees and are easy to use.
CBD Oil Canada coupon codes December 2021
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the varied catalogue of products available at CBD Oil Canada.
Where to buy Halloween treat bags online in Canada 2021
Collect loads of treats this Halloween with these cute and colourful Halloween treat bags from top online retailers in Canada.
How to send money home for the holidays from Canada
SPONSORED: How you can save when sending money abroad for festive occasions with Simplii Financial.
Best stock trading apps in Canada
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, use this guide to compare the best stock trading app options in Canada and choose the one that’s best for you.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.