Low fees (less than $5) for transfers with ZipZap
Transfer money from Canada or the UK quickly and easily with ZipZap International Money Transfers.
Based out of Vancouver, ZipZap allows you to send money around the world with low fees and competitive exchange rates. Whether you need to send a one-off transfer or have regular overseas payments to manage, ZipZap allows you to transfer funds to 13 countries.
How much does it cost to transfer money with ZipZap ?
ZipZap offers pay-as-you-go transfer options with fees that vary between $1.95 to $4.95 per remittance. When you sign up for a membership, you can send unlimited free transfers and enjoy guaranteed best rates and other membership benefits for monthly, quarterly or annual accounts.
Fees as of 13 April 2018
Exchange rates fluctuate daily with the market, and typically compete with the mid-market rate depending on the currency. Below is an inclusive list of all of the currencies that ZipZap trades in compared to another money transfer service.
|CAD$1 exchanged for:||ZipZap||Transferwise|
Rates as of 13 April 2018
To which countries does ZipZap send money?
Every day, ZipZap is working on offering more currencies for international transfer. For now, you can make international money transfers to the following countries from Canada:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
How do I send money through ZipZap ?
Sending money with ZipZap is affordable and convenient, and it takes only a few minutes to set up a free account. You can create an account with just your e-mail address and mobile number and complete the registration by adding your physical address and date of birth. Follow this user-friendly process to send funds overseas.
- Enter recipient and payout info. Input recipient details and bank account information.
- Fund your money transfer. Pay from your bank account, or with your Visa/Mastercard Debit Card.
ZipZap requires a minimum transfer of $25, while the maximum amount you can transfer is $999.99, with a maximum of $3,000 per month . You can increase your minimum and maximum transfer amounts by signing up for a membership.
Pros and cons of using ZipZap
- Low fees. Fees vary between $1.95 to $4.95 per remittance.
- Fast processing times. Depending on the destination and currency, ZipZap aims to deposit funds on the day of transfer.
- Membership perks. Send unlimited free transfers and enjoy guaranteed best rates and other membership benefits for monthly, quarterly or annual accounts.
- Limited currencies. ZipZap only offers 13 currencies, but is working on adding more every day.
- No in-branch customer service. ZipZap has no physical retail locations, only an online service.
- Not ideal for large transfers. Transfer limits are set at $25 – $999 per transfer, with a maximum of $3,000 per month.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.