Toyota RAV4 insurance rates
Average Toyota RAV4 insurance rates
How much is car insurance for a Toyota RAV4?
Initially released in 1994, the Toyota RAV4 is a popular compact crossover SUV. Like most Toyota vehicles, the RAV4 has award-winning safety features and great crash test ratings that may help you save on insurance.
A 2020 Toyota RAV4 starts at a base price of $28,090. The average cost of auto insurance for a Toyota RAV4 is $215 a month — or $2,580 a year. The annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 9.2%. Your actual rates may vary because the cost of auto insurance is influenced by a number of vehicle, driver and location-based factors.
How to compare insurance for the Toyota RAV4
Auto insurance is one of those things that almost every driver needs but nobody wants to buy. Coverage can be expensive, providers often use confusing language and every one claims to have the best price. But as overwhelming as it may be, auto insurance is mandatory in every province, plus it can provide peace of mind that your vehicle is always protected. Here are a few factors to consider when shopping for coverage:
- Price. While price is an important consideration, you’ll need to make sure the policies you’re comparing offer the same coverage. You can do this by using the same driver and vehicle details for each quote.
- Deductible. Since your deductible amount can directly impact your monthly premiums, it’s important to choose an amount that fits your budget but won’t empty your wallet if you need to file a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Coverage requirements vary by province, so it’s essential that you confirm that each policy meets your state’s minimum coverage amount before you buy.
- Additional coverage. You may want to consider additional coverage like pet insurance or uninsured motorist coverage. Just keep in mind that these options will likely increase the cost of coverage.
- Extras. Every policy comes with different features, so you should find out what’s included and what you’ll need to pay extra for.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if your manufacturer has any special offers or loyalty discounts through partnerships with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota RAV4?
While your driving history, location and many other factors can affect your chances of getting into an accident, the vehicle you drive often has a much larger effect. This is because theft rates, performance, engine size, safety ratings and other details can vary from vehicle to vehicle. And since insurance providers calculate your premiums with respect to your risk and cost of filing claims, your vehicle choice can directly impact your rates. Here’s how:
- Body type. The Toyota RAV4 is a compact SUV that’s designed for daily driving, hauling small loads of cargo and other low-risk driving behavior. This could help you save on auto insurance.
- Type of car. The RAV4 is an affordable compact SUV. These types of vehicles generally aren’t too expensive to insure.
- Theft. The RAV4 is one of the most frequently stolen SUVs and crossovers, which could increase the cost of coverage.
- Repairs. The RAV4 has a low average repair cost, which could help bring down the cost of coverage.
- Safety ratings. Aside from lackluster passenger-side crash tests, the RAV4 has amazing safety ratings. This may make insurance more affordable.
- Fuel type. The standard Toyota RAV4 runs on gas, which should make coverage cheaper than the hybrid version.
- Trim & packages. Choosing trims or packages that increase power or overall value may lead to higher premiums. That said, options that improve visibility and safety may be eligible for auto insurance discounts.
Does the Toyota RAV4 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota RAV4 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Toyota RAV4 safety & reliability ratings
SUVs generally hold up well in the event of an accident, and the RAV4 is no exception. It holds an IIHS top safety pick for 2020 4-door SUVs.
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 gets a solid 80/100 star reliability rating from J.D. Power, which is better than the majority of other vehicles in its class.
Toyota RAV4 maintenance
The Toyota RAV4 is a moderately-priced compact SUV that is built for families, road trips, daily driving and other low-risk activities. This vehicle comes packed with a number of safety and driver assistance features to provide an enjoyable, hassle-free driving experience. While it shouldn’t require much maintenance to keep it running, regular service appointments can prevent long-term issues from arising. Here’s what you need to know:
- Toyota recommends an oil change every 8,000 kilometres or 6 months, whichever comes first.
- Oil changes for a Toyota RAV4 should cost between $75 and $125, but your actual cost could vary.
- Consult your owners manual or contact your dealership for more information on the Toyota RAV4’s maintenance schedule.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Toyota RAV4?
The RAV4 comes with Toyota’s standard 3-year/60,000 kilometre limited warranty. The standard warranty covers all parts other than normal wear such as oil and air filters, tires and so on. New Toyota vehicles also come with 3 year/unlimited 24/7 roadside assistance.
Ask your dealer if Toyota offers any extended warranty options. Toyota vehicles are extremely reliable and have low average repair costs, so you should decide whether the price of an extended warranty is worth the cost.
Introduced in 1994, the RAV4 is a popular compact crossover SUV that is designed for commuting, errands and any other daily driving. Like most Toyotas, the RAV4 is very reliable, with ratings far above other vehicles in its class. Its reliability is one of the many factors that may reduce the cost of coverage, but you can compare your options to find out how else you could save.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota RAV4
More guides on Finder
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Cheapest cars to insure
Use our our helpful guide to compare the cheapest and most expensive cars to insure.
Car loan insurance
Worried about defaulting on your new vehicle? Get car loan insurance to make sure you’re protected if you can’t make your payments.
Luxury car insurance in 2020
Protect your luxury car with a customized policy that offers higher coverage options and special perks.
Car insurance for 4×4 cars
Make sure you get enough coverage to protect your four-wheel drive during daily driving or off-road thrills.
Car insurance in Montreal
Compare car insurance providers to get the best deal on your car insurance in Montreal.
Car insurance in Edmonton
Learn how much you can expect to spend on car insurance in Edmonton and compare providers to get the best rates
Car insurance in Vancouver
Learn how much you might have to pay for car insurance in Vancouver and compare providers to get the best rates.
Compare car insurance in Nova Scotia
Find out more about how you can get affordable car insurance in Nova Scotia and compare providers to lock in the best deal today.
Compare car insurance in Calgary
Find out how you can get affordable car insurance in Calgary and compare providers to get the best rates.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.