Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Toyota Camry insurance rates
Average Toyota Camry insurance rates
How much is car insurance for the Toyota Camry?
The Toyota Camry is an award-winning midsize sedan that is best known for comfort and safety. It comes standard with a suite of great safety features that could help you save on insurance. The average cost of auto insurance for a Toyota Camry is $290 a month — or $3,480 a year. With a base price of $26,620, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 13%.
Compare insurance for your Toyota Camry
How to compare insurance for the Toyota Camry
The stalwart Camry is cheap and easy to insure, making your search for car insurance simple. Consider what extra coverage you want above your provincial minimum coverage plus how you’ll be using your sedan.
- Price. In order to accurately compare your options by price, you’ll need to use the same driver and vehicle details for every quote.
- Deductible. When comparing policies, be aware that the deductible amount can affect the cost of your premiums. If you’re getting quotes, make sure to use the same deductible amount for each provider.
- Minimum coverage. Coverage is mandatory across the country. Make sure your potential policy meets your provincial minimums before moving forward.
- Additional coverage. Before deciding on a policy, make sure to consider any additional coverage options you may need, and don’t forget to include them when getting quotes.
- Extras. Before choosing a provider, find out what features each policy includes and which extras are available.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if your manufacturer has any special offers or loyalty discounts through partnerships with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota Camry?
Insurance providers evaluate your chances of filing claims when determining your cost of insurance. Since theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs and other factors can vary between makes and models, your choice of vehicle often has a direct impact on the amount you pay for auto insurance. Here’s how the Toyota Camry compares to other vehicles.
- Body type. The Toyota Camry is a sedan that’s designed for daily driving, commuting, road trips and other safe uses, which should bring down the cost of auto insurance.
- Type of car. The Camry is a comfortable and safe midsize car. This should make for affordable insurance premiums.
- Theft. The Toyota Camry is one of the most frequently stolen vehicles, which may increase the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. The Toyota Camry needs little maintenance and has low repair costs, two factors that could lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Fuel type. The Camry has a gas engine, which is cheaper to insure compared to vehicles with diesel, hybrid or electric engines.
- Trim & packages. Choosing trims or packages that increase power or overall value may lead to higher premiums. That said, options that improve visibility and safety may be eligible for auto insurance discounts.
Does the Toyota Camry qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota Camry if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Toyota Camry safety & reliability ratings
The Toyota Camry has been around since 1982. The midsize car is known for its spacious seating, comfortable ride and high safety scores.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the 2020 Toyota Camry a Top Safety Pick+ for their midsize car/4-door sedan category.
J.D. Power gave the 2020 Camry a 82/100 rating for quality and reliability, making it one of the most reliable vehicles in its class.
Toyota Camry maintenance
The Toyota Camry is a midsize sedan that’s designed to provide a safe and comfortable driving experience no matter how far you’re taking it. It has above average reliability ratings and low average repair costs, meaning that it probably will not require frequent maintenance. With that said, routine service appointments can ensure that everything is running smoothly, helping you extend the life of your vehicle. Here’s what you should know:
- Toyota recommends an oil change every 8,000 kilometres or 5 months, whichever comes first.
- Oil changes for a Toyota Camry should cost between $75 and $125, but your actual cost could vary.
- Consult your owners manual or contact your dealership for more information on the Toyota Camry’s maintenance schedule.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Toyota Camry?
The Camry comes with Toyota’s standard 3-year/60,000 km limited warranty, along with a 5-year/100,000 km powertrain warranty and 5-year corrosion coverage. The standard warranty covers all parts other than normal wear such as oil and air filters, tires and so on.
It’s unclear whether or not Toyota offers any extended warranty options, but you should ask your dealer for more information. That said, Toyota vehicles are extremely reliable and have low average repair costs, so you should decide whether the cost an extended warranty is worth the cost.
The Toyota Camry has been around since 1982 and has long been considered a top-rated midsize sedan. It holds incredible safety ratings and comes equipped with award-winning safety and driver assistance features that may be eligible for auto insurance discounts. You should compare your options to get quotes from multiple providers and determine which is best for your situation.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota Camry
More guides on Finder
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
aha car insurance review
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want quick, stable coverage.
Onlia car insurance review
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.
Capital One car rental insurance
All Capital One Mastercard credit cards in Canada offer car rental insurance. Find out how this feature works and compare cards offering it here.
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Cheapest cars to insure
Use our our helpful guide to compare the cheapest and most expensive cars to insure.
Car Insurance Statistics
The economic shutdowns saw more cars in driveways than on the roads. Finder looked at Canada’s top insurance platforms to see how interest has changed over time.
Luxury car insurance in 2021
Protect your luxury car with a customized policy that offers higher coverage options and special perks.
Car insurance in Montreal
Compare car insurance providers to get the best deal on your car insurance in Montreal.
Car insurance in Edmonton
Learn how much you can expect to spend on car insurance in Edmonton and compare providers to get the best rates
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.