Jeep Wrangler insurance rates
Learn how much it costs to insure a Jeep Wrangler in Canada and compare quotes for Wrangler insurance today.
The cost of your Jeep Wrangler insurance will vary based on a number of personal factors. These can include where you live, what your driving record looks like, how much coverage you need and what size of deductible you’re willing to pay. The analysis below offers the average cost for insurance on a Jeep Wrangler for a sample driver. Just keep in mind that it may not be indicative of what you’ll have to pay based on your own personal profile.
How much does Jeep Wrangler insurance cost?
The 2021 average insurance cost for a Jeep Wrangler is around $233 a month or $2,790 a year. This cost is based on our sample driver who has Jeep Wrangler insurance in Ontario. Your actual cost will vary by province and will be based on personal factors such as your age, driving record and what type of Jeep Wrangler you have.
Compare free Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes online
Car insurance rates for Jeep Wranglers vs other Jeep models
A Jeep Wrangler starts at a base price of $35,687. With the average insurance rate at $2,790 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 7.8%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare Jeep Wrangler insurance
Here are a few factors to consider when comparing Wrangler insurance:
- Price. Since policies and features can differ between providers, it’s important to use the same information when getting Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes. You should also compare quotes from at least 3 to 4 providers to find the best deal.
- Deductible. Since your deductible amount can directly influence your monthly premiums, you should choose an amount that fits your monthly budget but won’t be an issue if you need to file a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Every province has different coverage requirements, so it’s essential that you make sure any potential policy meets your province’s minimum insurance requirements.
- Extras. See which features and extras you may be able to qualify for – such as accident forgiveness, shrinking deductibles or roadside assistance. Pick the insurance that offers the most benefits for the lowest price.
- Warranty and exclusions. Check what’s covered by your manufacturer’s warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage. You should also double check that there are no exclusions that could void the coverage you have to buy.
Tips to get the lowest cost for Wrangler insurance
You can lower your Jeep Wrangler insurance rates if you keep these tips in mind:
- Compare multiple policies. You should make sure to compare Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes from at least 3 – 4 providers to get the best deal.
- Increase your deductible. You can cut down on your Wrangler insurance costs by agreeing to pay a bigger deductible if you get into an accident.
- Practice defensive driving. Take driver’s education or monitor your habits with a safe driving app to get Wrangler insurance discounts with some agents.
- Use anti-theft devices. Upgrade your Jeep Wrangler with anti-theft devices such as a car alarm or steering wheel lock to qualify for lower premiums.
- Bundle your insurance. Ask your provider if you can save money on your Wrangler insurance if you bundle your home or other vehicle insurance with them.
- Ask about discounts. You could get discounts for having winter tires, parking your Wrangler in a garage or for being a student – you just need to ask what you qualify for.
What factors affect your Jeep Wrangler insurance cost?
The following factors can affect how much you have to pay for Wrangler insurance:
- Body type. The Wrangler is available as a two or four-door convertible SUV. This type of vehicle is best suited for off-roading and other higher-risk activities, which could lead to more expensive coverage.
- Type of car. The Jeep Wrangler is a compact SUV with a price tag that starts at just under $33,000. This could make it cheaper to insure compared to luxury or performance vehicles.
- Theft. According to Forbes, the Wrangler is one of the most stolen SUVs and crossovers. This could increase the cost of your Wrangler insurance.
- Repairs. The Wrangler could be expensive to repair, especially if it is subject to heavy use. This could lead to higher Jeep Wrangler insurance costs as well.
- Safety ratings. The Jeep Wrangler has below average safety ratings, which could lead to higher insurance premiums.
- Fuel type. Gas vehicles like the Wrangler are generally cheaper than diesel and hybrid vehicles when it comes to auto insurance.
- Trim & packages. Choosing models or trims that increase power or overall value could make the Wrangler more expensive to insure. However, adding features that improve visibility or safety could make insurance cheaper.
The cost of insurance for a Jeep Wrangler varies based on a number of personal factors such as your driving record, age, location and coverage amounts. You can find out more about the Wrangler insurance cost you’ll have to pay by comparing your options and requesting Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes with multiple providers.
Frequently asked questions about Jeep Wrangler insurance
More guides on Finder
Liberty Loans 500 review
Your guide to the interest rates, fees and loan terms to expect when you borrow from Liberty Loans 500.
Best savings account promotions in Canada for December 2023
Earn cash bonuses, promotional interest rates and more with these new savings account offers and promotions.
Your guide to the features, interest rates and fees to expect when you take out a loan with Alterfina.
The interest rate, fees and features to expect when you get a no credit check loan from Thunderloan.
Get Loan Approved review
Find out about the rates, fees and features of car title loans from Get Loan Approved.
BMO offers for December 2023
New to BMO? Check out these bonus offers and see if you can save more with our referral codes and deals.
AimFinance review: Get a personal loan in 24-48 hours
Your guide to the interest rate, fees and features to expect with an AimFinance personal loan.
9 things you need to know about insurance when renovating
Your current homeowners insurance might not cover you when you’re remodeling. Learn what to expect and how to avoid coverage gaps along the way.
Deposit My Cash Now review
Your guide to getting a loan through Deposit My Cash Now, including loan features and fees.
6 loans like LendDirect
Compare providers that offer loans like LendDirect. Get fast approval and funding.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.