Surex auto insurance
Purchase your auto insurance online and from the comfort of wherever you may be with Surex’s online-only auto insurance policy.Submit one application and receive quotes from 10+ insurers. Save up to 25% on your car insurance, plus get access to an insurance advisor.
Who it might be good for: Drivers looking to use an insurance broker to compare multiple pricing and coverage options.
Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Yukon
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing online insurance providers, Surex auto insurance caters to those who have limited time and are looking for an option that is more time- and cost-efficient. Surex offers online insurance options to Canadians and acts as a broker between an insurance provider and the end customer. It currently offers auto insurance to those living in Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
What is Surex auto insurance?
Surex car insurance provides a hassle-free and convenient way for Canadians to buy auto insurance. When purchasing auto insurance from Surex online, you’ll be matched with a dedicated auto insurance assistant, who acts as a point-of-contact person. This assistant will then source up to 10 different auto insurance quotes from Surex’s partner providers and present them for comparison. Once you’ve chosen the one you like, your assistant will get you all set up and soon enough, you’ll have auto insurance.
What other insurance coverage options does Surex offer?
On top of auto insurance, Surex also offers a full suite of insurance options that are available for purchase online. Like with its auto insurance coverage, Surex is able to shop through the coverage plans of its partner providers and find the best options to present to its customer. Here are the other insurance plans you can purchase with Surex.
- Home insurance
- Condo insurance
- Tenant insurance
- Business insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- RV insurance
- Farm insurance
- Boat insurance
- Travel insurance
Surex insurance bundles
Everybody loves a discount and Surex offers a good one with its bundle package. When you purchase its car insurance and a home or tenant insurance package to go with it, you can save up to 15% on the total of the two policies. This can amount to higher savings than other insurance providers that only provide the discount on one policy and not the combined one.
What exclusions do I need to know about?
Surex does not list the exclusions in its auto insurance policy. If you’re curious to find out all the exclusions, it’s best to contact Surex through email or via phone or ask your dedicated auto insurance assistant.
Benefits of Surex auto insurance
Exclusively online. Surex provides a convenient option for Canadians to purchase their suite of insurance products online.
- Dedicated insurance advisor. Much like purchasing insurance in-person, you may be assigned a dedicated insurance advisor. With Surex auto insurance, you’re assigned a dedicated insurance advisor who will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs.
- Discounts. If you bundle your Surex car insurance with either a Surex home or tenant insurance plan, you’ll save up to 15% off your combined plan.
- Selection. Surex is able to source from many of its different partners that provide auto insurance in order to provide customers with some of the most competitive prices and personalized plans.
Drawbacks of Surex auto insurance
- Limited availability. Surex auto insurance coverage is not available to all Canadian provinces; it only offers plans in Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
- No face-to-face. Because Surex sells all of its insurance online, it can be unsettling for people who prefer the peace of mind of face-to-face meetings where they can be completely clear about all the details and get answers to all of their questions.
- Redundancy. Because Surex compiles and provides the customer with the best auto insurance quotes from its list of providers, when you file a claim, you may have to separately deal with both your Surex insurance advisor and the carrier of your plan which can be time-consuming and redundant.
What do customers say about Surex car insurance?
Every story has two sides and that’s certainly the case when it comes to Surex’s reputation online. On the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, Surex insurance actually has an F rating, despite having nearly a 5-star rating from 11 different reviewers on the website (which does not factor into the BBB rating).
Conversely, on the consumer review website, Trustpilot, Surex has a 4/5 star rating with over 100 different customer reviews. On Google, Surex has a near perfect rating of 4.9/5 stars out of 2,675 reviews.
Regardless of these positive and negative reviews, they do not single out Surex car insurance as they involve ratings on Surex’s entire suite of insurance offerings.
How to contact Surex auto insurance
There are a few ways to contact Surex regarding your auto insurance plan.
- For general inquiries, you can call its toll-free number.
- To report a claim, you can call your personal Surex insurance advisor to help start the process for you.
Surex auto insurance mobile app
Unfortunately, at this time, Surex does not have a mobile app.
Shopping around for the best auto insurance rates can be a tedious and time-consuming task. Use Surex’s online insurance services and have it do the work for you; it will provide you with up to 10 different quotes which you can choose from based on your auto insurance needs.