Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Book a Money2India money transfer today
Get a great exchange rate and low to no transfer fees when you send money to India.
Money2India is an online money transfer service affiliated with ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank in India. ICICI Bank is available across India, with over 3,800 branches and 11,750 ATMs. With great exchange rates and low transfer fees, you can quickly send money to India from Canada, with the money typically arriving within just 24 hours. Although Money2India works closely with ICICI Bank, there is no obligation for you or your recipient to be an account holder with the bank. You only need to register for the Money2India service online.
Money2India offers competitive exchange rates and low fees to send money to India from Canada.
- Exchange rates. Money2india prides itself on offering an exchange rate that is more competitive than other banks, even allowing you to choose a fixed rate for your transfer that you can lock in while your transaction processes. Money2India also offers indicative rates, which forecast trends in the market to anticipate the future cost of your transfer.
- Fees. Fees vary based on the type of exchange rate and the amount of money being sent, with most fees ranging between $0 and $4.
|Exchange rate type||CAD$4 fee||Zero fees|
|Fixed rate||Sending below 75,000 INR||Sending above 75,000 INR|
|Indicative rate||Sending below CAD$1,500||Sending above CAD$1,500|
With Money2India, you have a variety of options to choose from when transferring money from Canada to India. You can use different sending methods for different recipients once you have set them up in your account. These options include:
- ICICI bank transfer. This is an electronic transfer of funds, where the money is deposited into an ICICI bank account in India from your ICICI bank account in Canada.
- Bank transfer. In addition to ICICI, Money2India allows transfers to over 100 different banks with 75,000+ branches across India.
- Visa debit card. An electronic transfer can be placed onto a resident Visa debit card that was issued in India.
- Demand draft. There are over 700 locations in India where a demand draft can be cashed for your recipient. A demand draft is a financial bank draft that can be paid on demand.
- Fixed rate transfer. A fixed exchange rate lets you know exactly how much money your recipient will receive.
- Indicative transfer. An estimated exchange rate can be used to forecast how much your recipient will receive based on market trends.
- Mobile app transfer. The Money2India mobile app allows you to send convenient and affordable transfers.
Using the mobile app
The Money2India mobile app offers a number of convenient features.
- Voice command. Initiate transactions using Siri on iOS phones.
- Social pay. Add recipients through social apps and networks including WhatsApp, Gmail and Facebook.
- Quick pay. Repeat the same transaction in only three clicks.
- Easy login. Log in with a four digit pin or your fingerprint.
- Account registration. Sign up for an account on Money2India with the mobile app.
You will need to follow a few simple steps before you begin sending transfers with Money2India:
- Register for an account. Accounts are free, and you can sign up in under 10 minutes by providing your personal details, including contact information, proof of ID and bank account details.
- Enter your transaction details. Enter all of your relevant transaction information, including the amount and currency you plan to send, along with your recipient’s personal and banking information. Add multiple recipients to your account and Money2India will store information so you don’t need to resubmit for future transfers.
- Specify your exchange rate. Choose between an indicative or predicted rate which uses the market rate at the time of transfer or lock in a fixed transfer rate which uses the rates available at the time of booking.
- Finalize the transaction. Once you submit your transfer request, you will receive an online tracking number by e-mail so that you know when your funds have been delivered.
- Convenience. Conduct your money transfer online or through the Money2India app without leaving the comfort of your own home.
- Low fees. Pay reasonable fees (around $4) for money transfers to India, with certain transactions qualifying for zero fees.
- Competitive exchange rate. Access competitive exchange rates that are on par with many other money transfer services and often beat out the bank.
- Fast transfer speeds. Send money within 24 hours for most transfers.
- Limited currencies and countries. Money2India only allows for money transfers to India.
- Possibility of delays. Transfers can take up to 2 – 3 business days in some circumstances.
In addition to money transfer services, Money2India also facilitates Donate2India, which allows you to send money directly to charities in India.
Compare Money2India to other money transfer services
While Money2India is a low fee service with competitive exchange rates, you should still compare all of your money transfer options to make an educated decision about how to transfer your funds. Pay attention to transfer fees, exchange rates and turnaround time before booking a transfer to make sure that the provider you choose can meet all of your needs.
You may also be interested in
SPONSORED: Bitcoin has been around for over a decade – does it really need an ETF?Read more…
SPONSORED: J.P. Morgan suspects Bitcoin is on its way to becoming the new gold – but should you invest?Read more…
SPONSORED: How to take your business global (and save a whole lot of money along the way).Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to buy Deliveroo (ROO.L) stock in Canada
Canadian investors will need an international stock trading account to invest in this popular British delivery service.
How to buy British Airways (IAG.L) stock in Canada
Buy into British Airways through its parent company, International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG.L).
How to invest in blockchain stocks
Comprehensive guide on blockchain stock investing, benefits, risks, main stocks, blockchain ETFs, and more.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
Alternatives to Robinhood in Canada
Robinhood isn’t available in Canada, but there are a number of popular Canadian alternatives on the market.
5 big reasons you might need a digital bank for money transfers
Find out how digital banks compare with dedicated money transfer services when sending money overseas.
CIBC Select Visa Review
Searching for a low-interest credit card? Save money on your outstanding balance with the CIBC Select Visa.
American Express Essential Credit Card Review
Pay no annual fee and save money on your outstanding balance with this low-interest credit card.
Neo Financial High Interest Savings Account Review
Earn a high interest rate on your savings with no minimum deposit requirements and no monthly fees.
Simplii Financial wire transfer review
Pay zero fees for safe and secure money transfers to over 120 countries.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.