Neo Credit Mastercard Review
- Welcome Offer
- Get $25.00 + up to 15% cash back
- Average 5% cash back
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- 19.99% - 29.99%
- Cash Advance Rate
The Neo Credit Mastercard lets you earn a high return on cash back with thousands of local and national businesses across Canada. Get $25 when you sign up for the Neo Financial Mastercard. Plus, earn bonuses like 15% cashback on your first purchase at most partners, and earn an average of 5% cashback at thousands of partners and at least 0.5% cashback guaranteed. Find out more about how you can apply for this innovative card and sign up today to get started.
- Get a Neo credit card if you’d like to earn cash back at your favourite stores and you want to save money while discovering new places to shop.
- Sign up in 3 minutes – and if approved, you can use your Neo credit card instantly via Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
- There is no there is no minimum annual income required to open an account.
- Choose something else if you want extended benefits or you’d prefer to sign up with a more well-established provider.
The Neo Credit Mastercard is an innovative credit card that lets you earn cash back when you shop at both partner and non-partner stores. If you’re looking to earn more cash back by shopping at partner stores, you can open the Neo app to discover which partners are offering cash back deals and shop with them either in-person at the store or online.
Get $25 when you sign up for the Neo Financial Mastercard. Plus, earn bonuses like 15% cashback on your first purchase at most partners, and earn an average of 5% cashback at thousands of partners and at least 0.5% cashback guaranteed.
The main downside of the Neo Credit Mastercard is that it doesn’t come with extra benefits or credit card insurance.
Which merchants does Neo work with?
You are able to view all partners through the ‘Rewards’ section of the Neo app. Browse by category, search keywords or brand name, and explore merchants in a list or interactive map view to see current cashback offers. You don’t even have to be a Neo cardholder to search the cashback community. Simply create a user profile and get access to view all partners.
- Accelerated cash back. Earn an average of 5% cash back.
- Automatic rewards. Your cash back will be automatically applied to your credit card balance, so you won’t have to redeem your rewards at regular intervals.
- Streamlined mobile app. You can manage your transactions and shop around for deals using Neo Financial’s easy-to-use mobile app.
- In-app security controls. You just have to toggle a switch in the app to freeze or replace your card or turn off online transactions.
What to watch out for
- No basic insurance. Unlike most fee-free credit cards, you won’t get basic insurance such as purchase protection or extended warranty with this card.
- No extended benefits. You won’t get any extra benefits such as roadside assistance, mobile phone protection or travel insurance — but it does have higher cash back rates than many other cards in the market.
Neo Credit Mastercard interest rates
|Purchase interest rate
|19.99% - 29.99%
|Cash advance interest rate
|22.99% - 28.99%
|Balance transfer interest rate
What should I know before I apply?
Neo Credit Card Eligibility requirements
To apply for the Neo Credit Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old
Required documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Head to Neo Financial’s website to start the application process.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, Social Insurance Number (SIN) and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Bottom line on this Neo Card
The Neo Credit Mastercard is an innovative credit card that lets you earn an average rate of 5% cash back on purchases, and a guaranteed 0.5% cash back on all spend at non-partners. Earn more cash back by shopping with partner stores and scanning for deals in Neo’s mobile app. Just be aware that this card is relatively new and seems to offer limited local deals in many Canadian cities. It also doesn’t come with any basic insurance or added benefits.