Choose where to sell your products online using our A-to-Z list of online marketplaces. Read more…
Transfer money overseas online for same day delivery
Send money for same day delivery to friends, family or businesses overseas, all from the comfort of your own home.
Chances are you’ve landed on this post because you’re in a jam and need to send money overseas as soon as possible. Whether you’re sending some quick cash to a loved one or locking in a last minute business contract, booking a same day international money transfer can be a lifesaver in case of an emergency.
WorldRemit International Money Transfers
WorldRemit can help you get your money where it needs to go in minutes, with upfront exchange rates and low fees.
Use promo code FINDERCA on your first transfer and pay zero fees. T&Cs apply.
- Transfers to 150+ countries
- Send to bank account, cash pickup, mobile money, airtime top up
- Pay with card, Interac or Apple/Android Pay
Compare same day money transfer services to lock in big savings today
What are same day international money transfers?
A same day international money transfer allows you to send cash overseas, with the funds arriving to your recipient in less than 24 hours. But buyer beware: same day transfers typically cost more than regular transfers due to higher fees and less competitive exchange rates.
Should I send money with my bank or a dedicated money transfer service?
When it comes to same day international money transfers, your options will likely be fairly limited, mostly because banks tend to lag behind when it comes to same day delivery and there are only a handful of money transfer services specializing in fast transfers.
- Banks. Banks tend to be slow-moving when it comes to international money transfers, with most banks taking between 3 – 5 business days to deliver funds.
- Money transfer service. Dedicated money transfer services generally provide a faster service than banks, having made great strides when it comes to facilitating same day delivery in an effort to adapt to the demands of a fast-paced market.
How long will it typically take to send a money transfer from start to finish?
This is a tough call to make, because every transfer service will be different. Typically, you can set up an account with a money transfer provider in 5 – 10 minutes. You’ll need to input banking information for both yourself and your recipient, or make arrangements for a cash transfer. Once your transfer has been initiated, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to process, depending on your destination country and the amount being sent.
What options are available for same day overseas transfers?
- Money transfers with cash pickup. Cash transfers are probably your safest bet for guaranteeing that your money arrives within minutes. Pro tip: MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit are all heavy hitters in the cash transfer business, cumulatively operating hundreds of thousands of agent locations in almost every country in the world,
- Bank transfers. Every major Canadian bank will allow you to send international money transfers, but most will not offer same day delivery. The majority of transfers organized through the bank will take around 3 – 5 business days to post to your recipient, however there may be some exceptions for select currencies, depending on the bank.
- Online money transfers. Online transfer companies like TorFX can send money overseas quickly, but most transfers will take between 1 – 2 days.
What are some tips and tricks to compare companies?
While we don’t claim to have all the answers, we can give you some tried and tested tips and tricks to compare same day money transfer services to ensure that you get the best deal possible.
- Competitive exchange rates. Find a company with exchange rates that are as close as possible to the mid-market rate, which you can find by Googling “CAD to USD exchange rates” and substituting your currency code.
- Minimal fees. Most transfer companies will charge a fee to send money overseas, particularly when it comes to same day delivery. The best way to lock in the best deal possible is to compare 3 – 4 quotes from providers.
- Various transfer methods. As far as same day delivery options are concerned, some companies specialize in cash pickups while others can carry out bank-to-bank transfers and even mobile wallet top-ups. Find out which delivery services suits your timeline, and book your transfer accordingly.
- Fast transfer times. Banks are known for taking a significant amount of time to process transfers (some up to five business days), while money transfer services can take around 1 – 3 days for a bank transfer, with cash pick-ups going through in a matter of minutes. The best way to make sure your payment makes it overseas on time it to book a cash transfer service.
- Reliable customer service. Reputation is everything when it comes to booking a same day transfer, particularly if you have a lot riding on making sure your money gets to where it needs to be on time. Make sure to do a bit of research, and book with a company that has a 24/7 help desk, so that you have someone on your side every step of the way.
What are the pros and cons of same day international money transfers?
- Fast. Send funds overseas in less than 24 hours in most cases, while some transfers will process in a matter of minutes.
- Convenient. Register for an account in 5 – 10 minutes, or transfer money by visiting a branch if you’re not too internet-savvy.
- Expensive. You may end up paying higher fees and lower exchange rates for same day service.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may also be interested in
If you want to start selling on Zazzle, check out our guide to setting up a store, creating products, promotions and marketing, and getting paid. Read more…
Read our comprehensive guide to selling on Newegg, including sourcing products, Newegg fees, international shipping options and more. Read more…
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.