Learn more about the international money transfer services offered by Citibank. Transferring funds overseas has never been cheaper and easier.
Citibank international money transfer services enable you to move funds from one country to another in a fast and convenient way. The bank has a global network and online resources that allow you to access and send money from almost anywhere in the world with ease and flexibility.
Citibank international money transfers
If you wish to transfer money overseas, you can send money from your Canadian Citibank account to over 42 countries worldwide. Citibank online transfers enable you to transfer funds domestically or internationally to other bank accounts or to Citibank accounts.
Citibank Canada’s SWIFT code/ BIC is CITICATTBCH.
|Transfer type||Purpose||How long?|
|Global||Sends funds instantly between Citibank accounts in certain countries.||Instant.|
|Online||Send funds domestically or internationally to any other bank account.||3-5 business days.|
Citibank foreign exchange rates
As a Citibank customer, you get access to a wide range of foreign currencies at competitive rates as well as a host of other useful products. If you conduct business overseas, travel a lot or invest in foreign currencies, Citibank may provide useful services for you. With their services and accounts, you may be able to exchange one currency for another at prevailing exchange rates.
How much does it cost to transfer money?
Citibank makes it possible to transfer money globally in a cost-effective manner, mainly due to its global strength and online resources. Transfers between Citibank accounts are free of charge, while transfers to non-Citibank accounts are around CAD$25, which is similar to other Canadian banks. Citibank is beneficial if you are sending money to others who are also Citibank customers.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
If you are looking for a flexible and easy way to transfer money and make payments internationally, you can use the Citibank online banking service. This service enables you to access your account online to manage your funds, download and monitor account activity, make multiple payments and get alerts once transfer requests have been processed. Free Citibank transfers are available in countries such as the UK, Spain, Germany, the United States, China, Indonesia, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
The registration and transfer process
In order to enjoy seamless banking on the go with Citibank, register for Citibank online banking, a service that allows you to make transfer requests, manage your account details and have a global view of all your accounts from a mobile device or computer at any time anywhere. Here is what you need to register for this online service:
- An active Citibank account.
- Your 16-digit credit card, Visa debit card or Internet Access Number.
- Your account number.
Why choose Citibank international money transfers?
- A global network. Citibank has more than 40,000 branches in over 42 countries, ensuring that you will find a branch or ATM near you around the globe.
- Online banking. This service enables Canadian customers to manage their account from anywhere in the world.
- Multi-currency accounts. Citibank customers can take advantage of dual-currency and multi-currency accounts to hold a wide range of currencies. This can come in handy for frequent travellers or for people working or living overseas.
What other products and services does Citibank offer?
- Credit cards. Citibank offers a few different commercial and consumer credit cards to suit different spending needs and preferences. Customers can choose from the Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, the Home Depot Commercial Revolving Card and the Home Depot Commercial Account credit cards, which each offer different reward programs and low rates.
- Banking. Through Citi Private Bank, it is possible to open a bank account. In Canada, Citi Private Bank has offices in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Services include risk management, investment advice, portfolio management, business financing and trust and estate services.
What are the pros and cons of using Citibank?
- Instant global transfers. You can wire money to virtually any location in the world instantly between Citibank accounts.
- Security. Citibank ensures that all of your online money transfers are secure. It uses the latest encryption technology to protect your information online.
- Global banking. Citibank has an extensive network and global support to provide you with banking solutions around the world.
- Processing delays. International money transfers from Canadian Citibank accounts to other financial institutions around the world can take up to five days to be processed, which can cause inconvenience in urgent situations.