Learn more about Citibank’s international money transfer service and how it makes international funds transfers cheaper and easier.
Citibank international money transfer services enable you to move funds from one country to another in a fast and convenient way. The bank has a global network and online resources that allow you to access and send money from almost anywhere in the globe with ease and flexibility.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Citibank international money transfers
If you wish to transfer money abroad, you can send money from your Australian Citibank account to over 42 countries worldwide. Citibank online transfers enable you to transfer funds domestically or internationally to other bank accounts or to Citibank accounts.
Citibank Australia’s SWIFT code is CITIAU2X.
|Transfer type||Purpose||How long?|
|Global||Sends funds instantly between Citibank accounts in certain countries||Instant|
|Online||Send funds domestically or internationally to any other bank account||3-5 business days processed from your Australian account|
Citibank foreign exchange rates
With Citibank, you get access to a wide range of foreign currencies at competitive rates and a host of other products suited to your needs. If you conduct business overseas, invest in foreign currencies or are in constant need of foreign currencies in your travels, Citibank can offer you a foreign exchange contract with no minimum investment that enables you to exchange one currency for another at prevailing exchange rates.
How much does it cost to transfer money?
Citibank makes it possible to transfer money globally in a cost-effective manner, mainly due to its global strength and online resources. Funds transfers from your domestic Citibank account to overseas banks attract a fee of $25. Global transfers to your Australian Citibank account are free, while trace requests to Citibank cost $20.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
If you are looking for a flexible and easy way to transfer money and make payments internationally, you can rely on the Citibank online banking service. This service enables you to access your account online to manage your funds, download and monitor account activity, make multiple payments and get alerts once transfer requests have been processed. Free Citibank transfers are available in countries such as the UK, Spain, Germany, the United States, China, Indonesia and the United Arab Emirates.
The registration and transfer process
In order to enjoy seamless banking on the go with Citibank, register for Citibank online banking, a service that allows you to make transfer requests, manage your account details and have a global view of all your accounts from a mobile device or computer at any time and from any location. Here is what you need to successfully register for this service and start making international or domestic money transfers and payments:
- An active Citibank account.
- Your 16-digit credit card, Visa debit card or Internet Access Number.
- Your account number.
Why choose Citibank international money transfers?
- A global network. Citibank has more than 40,000 branches in over 42 countries, ensuring that you will find a branch or ATM near you around the globe.
- Online banking. This service enables Australian customers to open and manage an Australian Citibank account from wherever they are in the world.
- Multi-currency accounts. Citibank customers can take advantage of dual-currency and multi-currency accounts to hold a wide range of currencies. This can come in handy for frequent travellers or for people working or living abroad.
What other products and services does Citibank offer?
- Credit cards. Citibank offers a wide range of credit cards to suit different spending needs and preferences. Customers can choose from Citibank signature, platinum, classic and clear platinum credit cards that come with reward programs and low rates.
- Banking. With Citibank, you can choose from a wide category of personal and business bank accounts, including savings, term deposit and foreign exchange accounts that provide savvy banking solutions suited to different customer needs.
- Home loans. Citibank has a variety of home loan products that can help you reach your financial goals. You can get the right home loan to for home renovations or the purchase of a new home.
What are the pros and cons of using Citibank?
- Instant global transfers. You can wire money to virtually any location in the world instantly between Citibank accounts.
- Security. Citibank ensures that all your online money transfers are secure. It uses the latest encryption technology to protect your information online.
- Global banking. Citibank has an extensive network and global support to provide you with banking solutions all around the world.
- Processing delays. International money transfers from Australian Citibank accounts can take up to five days to be processed, which can cause inconvenience in urgent situations.
Past questions from real users
How long do funds transfers take?
Transfers between Citibank accounts are instant, while transfers to other bank accounts from Australian Citibank accounts take three to five days.
What currencies can I hold in my multi-currency account?
You can hold most major currencies in the world for either personal or investment purposes.