Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare Canadian Tire credit cards
Earn cash rewards to put towards your everyday purchases with these Canadian Tire credit cards.
Never lose your hard-earned “Canadian Tire money” again with a Canadian Tire Triangle reward card. This card lets you collect CT money at Canadian Tire and its partners across Canada. If you’re looking for something a little bit different, you can also apply for a cash back or gas savings card.
Best Canadian Tire credit cards
Canadian Tire cards are best-suited for customers who frequently shop at Canadian Tire or one of its partner stores. Some of the most frequently-used cards allow you to qualify for in-store credits, cash back rewards or discounts on gas. Mastercard is the only type of card on offer, so these cards probably won’t work for you if you have your heart set on a Visa or American Express.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Best for cash back rewards
If you want to earn 3% cash back on everything from plywood to light fixtures to duct tape and three-quarter-inch screws, then this could be the perfect card for you.
With this card, you can earn up to 1.5% cash back on regular everyday purchases, and 2x the cash back on purchases made at Canadian Tire stores, Canadian Tire gas bars and Mark’s Work Wearhouse, SportChek and Atmosphere locations. This deal also applies to online purchases.
There’s no annual fee and you can even take advantage of no-interest financing when you spend $200 or more on your card at Canadian Tire locations across Canada.
- No annual fee. Pocket the money you would normally spend on an annual fee.
- 2x the rewards. If you frequent Canadian Tire regularly, you can benefit from double the rewards on all of your purchases.
- Mobile app. Manage your rewards and payment schedule in one handy app.
Best for discounts on gas
If you’re fueling up on the daily and looking to get discounts on gas, then you might like to check out the Gas Advantage Mastercard. It lets you instantly save up to 10 cents per litre on gas at Canadian Tire gas bars.
The amount you save depends on how much you spend in the previous month. For example, if you spend up to $499.99, you’ll only save 2 cents per litre, but if you spend over $1,000, you’ll net a savings of 8 cents per litre. Anything over $2,000 maxes out at 10 cents per litre.
On top of this, you can earn your gas discount 2x faster with Canadian Tire and Mark’s store purchases. This means that if you spend $400 at Canadian Tire in one month, they’ll treat it as $800 when calculating your rebate for the following month.
- Zero fees. Avoid cutting into your savings and paying an annual fee.
- Instant savings. Get discounts on gas at the pump.
- 2x the rewards. Lock in a higher discount when you shop at Canadian Tire or Mark’s Work Wearhouse.
Best for collecting Canadian Tire money
If you want to stockpile Canadian Tire money without taking up space in your wallet, then the Triangle Mastercard could be right up your alley.
This card comes with no annual fee and offers a return of 4% in CT money when you shop at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek and some Mark’s Work Wearhouse and Atmosphere stores. You can also earn 5 cents in CT money at Gas+ and some Husky stations every time you fill up.
The Triangle World Elite card is another good option to collect CT money, because it allows you to collect an additional 3% on groceries and up to 7 cents per fill up. The only problem is you need to have a minimum income of $80,000 to qualify.
- Fee-free. You won’t need to pay anything more on an annual fee.
- Loyalty rewards. If you’re a regular customer at Canadian Tire or its partners, you can earn up to 4% in CT bucks to redeem in-store.
Canadian Tire Mastercard rewards program
Triangle Mastercards offer returns in the form of Canadian Tire money as well as gas rebates and cash back. The Triangle Mastercard, which offers a 4% return on Canadian Tire money (instead of the 0.4% collected by most customers) is probably the biggest draw for regulars.
How to redeem points
Canadian Tire money will accumulate on your Triangle account. You can then redeem cash in-store by showing your Triangle mobile app, Triangle Rewards card or key fob at the checkout. Gas purchases are redeemed instantly at the pump, so you won’t collect any points later on. Cashback offers, on the other hand, are applied as direct credits to your statement.
How much is CT money worth?
The Triangle rewards program offers 4% of the amount of your Canadian Tire purchase in CT money. This means if you spend $100 in-store or online, you’ll receive a $4 credit. If you spend $1,000, you’ll receive a $40 credit.
For the Gas Advantage Mastercard, you’ll get a direct savings of between 2 cents and 10 cents per litre. Many cars hold around 45-65 litres, so if you cap out your savings at 10 cents per litre, you could save up to $6.50 on every fill-up.
If you’re looking to take advantage of Canadian Tire’s cashback card, you can get a return of up to 1.5% on purchases. For a purchase of $500, this could amount to $7.50. If you spend $3,000 per month, you could stand to make around $45 every time.
Typical card benefits and features of a Canadian Tire card
Canadian Tire offers a number of credit cards for regular customers and those wanting to take advantage of a targeted rewards program. Each card offers its own range of unique features, but you can find some similar trademarks across the lot.
- Fee-free cards. Canadian Tire doesn’t charge annual fees on its cards.
- Zero interest financing. Take advantage of no-interest financing when you spend $200 or more on your card.
- Tracked receipts. If you lose your receipt, you can return items using paperless tracking on the Triangle app.
- Access to member-only events. Be the first to know about exclusive events and extra savings.
- Personalized offers. Unlock offers tailored to your purchase history, including 30x points bonuses.
- Mobile app. Organize your finances anywhere through the mobile app.
- Customer service. Call in for quick and easy access to customer support if you run into any problems.
- Optional add-ons. Pay a small monthly fee to access additional features, like emergency cash transfers and coverage for airline tickets.
How to apply for a credit card with Canadian Tire
You can apply for a credit card with Canadian Tire through its website. Before you apply, make sure you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and prepare some basic information.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid Social Security number.
- Full name and date of birth.
- Street address and phone number.
- Valid email address.
- Total annual income.
How does Canadian Tire keep my credit card information safe?
Canadian Tire protects your personal and financial information by safeguarding sensitive information with 128-bit encryption. Customer authentication takes it one step further by preventing unauthorized access to your data by asking questions that only you know the answers to.
Additional phishing protection ensures you’re not providing personal information on fraudulent web sites (phishing is the act of setting up fake emails and web sites to “phish” for someone else’s account information).