- Welcome Offer
- Up to 5 points per $2 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The BMO eclipse rise Visa Card is a no annual fee credit card that lets you earn five times the BMO Rewards points for every $2 you spend on recurring bill payments, groceries, dining and takeout. It also comes with a welcome offer that lets you earn up to 25,000 bonus points, and a low introductory rate on balance transfers.
Best for: People who want a card with no annual fee that rewards them for their spending.
No annual fee
Get up to 25,000 bonus points in your first year
0.99% interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months
Earn bonus BMO Rewards points on popular spending categories
No minimum income requirement
2% balance transfer fee
Check standard balance transfer rate once intro period ends
Lower rewards earn rate in other categories
The BMO eclipse rise Visa Card rewards you for your regular spending habits. It offers five times the BMO Rewards points for every $2 you spend on recurring bill payments, groceries, dining and takeout, plus 1 point for every $2 spent on everything else. You can boost your rewards balance further by taking advantage of a 25,000-point welcome offer. The card also has an introductory 0.99% interest rate on balance transfers for the first 9 months, and it comes with no annual fee.
BMO eclipse rise Visa Card perks
- Welcome offer. You can get up to 25,000 bonus BMO Rewards points in your first year. To take advantage of the offer, get 20,000 points for spending $1,500 on your card in the first 3 months. You can get a further 2,500 points for setting up your digital wallet and 2,500 points more for setting up pre-authorized payments in the first 3 months.
- Earn BMO Rewards points. The BMO eclipse rise Visa lets you earn five times the BMO Rewards points for every $2 you spend on recurring bill payments, groceries, dining and takeout. You also earn 1 point for every $2 spent on everything else.
- Spend your BMO Rewards points. You can redeem BMO Rewards points for a wide range of merchandise and gift cards from popular brands, or you can use the Pay with Points feature to redeem your points for travel and non-travel purchases.
- 0.99% for 9 months on balance transfers. If you’re transferring a balance over to your new card, this introductory offer entitles you to an interest rate of 0.99%.
- No annual fee. The BMO eclipse rise Visa Card has no annual fee.
- Mobile device insurance. This card comes with mobile device insurance that provides up to $1,000 of cover if your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
- Car rental discounts. Planning a vacation or a weekend away? Cardholders are also entitled to access discounted car rentals.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. Purchase protection covers eligible items you buy with your card if they are lost, stolen or damaged, while the Eclipse Visa Card also includes extended warranty coverage on eligible purchases.
- No minimum income requirement. There’s no personal income requirement you must meet to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for with the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card
- Good credit needed. You’ll need a good credit score of 660 or more to qualify for this card.
- Balance transfer fee. If you take advantage of the balance transfer offer, be aware that a 2% balance transfer fee applies.
- Introductory rate only applies for a limited time. Once the introductory rate ends after 9 months, the balance you transferred will be subject to an interest rate of 23.99%.
- Lower rewards earn rate in other categories. Outside of the four main spending categories for rewards, this card only allows you to earn 1 point for every $2 spent on all other purchases.
- No travel insurance. This card doesn’t come with any complimentary travel insurance.
BMO eclipse rise Visa Card interest rates
|Cash advance rate
|23.99% (21.99% for Quebec residents)
|Introductory balance transfer rate (first 9 months)
|Standard balance transfer rate
What should I know before I apply for the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card?
If you’re thinking about applying for the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card, consider these factors first.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province or territory of residence
- Have a good to excellent credit score of 660 or higher
Required documents and information
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and date of birt
- Your employment information
- Your financial information, including details of any debts and assets
How to apply for the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card
- Click on this secure link or the ” Go to site” button on this page to be securely directed to the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card application form.
- Read the Disclosure Statement for full details of this card’s fees, rates and features.
- Complete the application with your personal information and contact details.
- Review all details and submit your application.
How safe is the BMO eclipse rise Visa Card?
Your BMO eclipse rise Visa Card uses chip technology for added security. The encrypted microchip in your card provides protection against counterfeiting, while creating a PIN provides an extra layer of security. BMO also has its own Financial Crimes Unit to monitor and manage security threats 24/7.
The card also offers protection when shopping online. Look for the Visa Secure badge at participating retailers to enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your online purchases are secured against unauthorized card use.
The BMO eclipse rise Visa Card is well worth a look if you want a card that rewards you for purchases you make regularly, but that doesn’t have an annual fee. The bonus-point welcome offer and low introductory rate on balance transfers are also important selling points, so compare the eclipse rise Visa with other no annual fee cards to decide if it’s right for you.