belairdirect car insurance
Get car insurance at affordable prices and save even more when you track your safe driving habits with belairdirect’s mobile app.
If you’re looking to compare car insurance plans or switch to a reliable online provider, you might like to check out belairdirect. This innovative company is working to make car insurance more accessible to Canadians living in select provinces (notably Quebec, Alberta, BC and Ontario).
Learn what types of belairdirect auto insurance are available for you to purchase and apply for a quote to find the plan that’s the best fit for your budget.
What is belairdirect car insurance?
belairdirect is an insurance company that helps save you money by rewarding you for safe driving. All you need to do is sign up for its mobile app, automerit, to monitor your driving in real-time. Then, you’ll be eligible for discounts based on the data you transmit.
belairdirect also offers different levels of auto insurance coverage based on your unique set of needs and budget. These include third-party liability, collision and comprehensive coverage. The price you’ll pay for each type of insurance will depend on a number of factors like your age, driving record, vehicle type and claims history.
What types of belairdirect car insurance can I get?
belairdirect offers multiple levels of insurance to make sure you get the coverage you want at a price that fits your budget.
- Third-party liability. Covers expenses for other drivers involved in a collision with you if it’s deemed to be your fault.
- Collision. Protects you from financial losses if you need to repair or replace your own vehicle following a collision.
- Comprehensive. Pays for your vehicle in the case of damage due to fire, theft, vandalism and other threats.
- Accident forgiveness. Maintains your low premiums after your first at-fault accident if you have a clean driving record.
Are there any special add-ons available?
You may be able to optimize your plan with special add-ons based on your preferences and your budget.
- Loss of use. Gives you access to temporary transportation if your vehicle is damaged, stolen or otherwise unavailable to you due to an insured loss.
- Rental car insurance. Insures any rental car you take out against damage and pays for alternate transportation where needed.
- Travel protection. Pays for unexpected expenses due to an accident or theft of your automobile while you’re on a trip away from home.
- Autocomfort coverage. Combines loss of use, rental car insurance and travel protection in one easy-to-manage bundle.
- Extended sound equipment. Covers losses to sound equipment mounted in your vehicle (such as audio players and speakers).
- Underinsured motorist protection. Protects you and your loved ones if you’re involved in an accident where the at-fault driver has a limit on their liability coverage.
- Limited windshield coverage. Reduces your premiums when you opt to have less coverage for windows and windscreens.
- Roadside assistance. Covers you for unexpected emergencies and incidents where you need towing, flat tire change, gas delivery or a battery boost.
What exclusions do I need to know about?
belairdirect car insurance outlines any exclusions that may apply to its policies in clear language. Keep an eye out for some of the following as they may void your coverage.
- Uninsured drivers. You could be denied your claim if an uninsured driver takes the wheel of your vehicle and gets in an accident.
- Illegal activities. You typically won’t be covered if you’re doing something illegal when you get in an accident, such as driving with a suspended licence.
- Unapproved use. You won’t be able to claim accidents that happen while you’re driving for work if you don’t specify that your vehicle is used for commercial purposes.
- Failure to report an accident. You could void your claim if you don’t report accidents within the timeframe specified in your policy.
- Lack of routine maintenance. You might not be approved for a claim if you fail to schedule preventative maintenance on your vehicle.
- Fraudulent losses. You won’t be reimbursed for any claim that you make fraudulently.
Can I get any discounts on my belairdirect car insurance?
belairdirect offers a number of ways to save on its car insurance – provided you know how to cash in on discounts. You may be eligible to use the following strategies to bring down your monthly premiums:
- Track your driving habits. Sign up for belairdirect’s mobile app to track your safe driving habits and save up to 25% on your monthly premiums.
- Bundle your insurance. Get home and car insurance from belairdirect to save money on your car insurance policy.
- Insure multiple vehicles. Insure more than one vehicle with belairdirect auto insurance to get discounts on your whole fleet.
- Maintain a clean driving record. Show evidence that you’ve been claims-free for many years to shave money off your premiums.
- Stay ticket free. Avoid speeding tickets and other traffic violations to get discounts on your monthly insurance costs.
- Take advantage of demographics. Get special discounts if you’re a student, have a family or are an experienced driver (age 50+).
- Pay a higher deductible. Pay more when you have to make a claim to reduce your month-to-month costs.
What do customers say about belairdirect car insurance?
belairdirect is seen as a reputable independent insurance company by many Canadian consumers. One of its best features is its innovative online mobile app that tracks your driving habits in real-time to offer big discounts. Many customers are also happy with the relative ease of the claims process.
Despite positive feedback, belairdirect also has several negative reviews on independent insurance review sites like InsurEYE. In particular, customers complain about the lack of customer support and are upset by limited communication surrounding rate hikes and policy cancellations.
How to apply for belairdirect car insurance
If you’ve done some research and you think belairdirect car insurance is the right fit for you, you can follow a couple of steps to apply.
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and negotiate the terms of your belairdirect auto insurance.
How to contact belairdirect
If you want to file a claim or ask questions about the details of your policy, you can contact belairdirect by phone at its general number, 1-844-757-2925. You can also send belairdirect an email on its website if you don’t have time to wait on hold. Just make sure to include your personal information and policy number for faster service.
If you want to file a car insurance claim, you can submit and track your documents in minutes through your belairdirect online account. You can also use this platform to consult or change your coverage, add a new car or driver to your insurance, manage your payments and renew your policy.
Benefits and drawbacks of belairdirect car insurance
belairdirect offers affordable car insurance coverage with the opportunity for big discounts when you track your good driving habits with its innovative mobile app. You can apply for a quote with this company in a matter of minutes, and it’s quick and easy to customize your plan according to your needs and budget.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Can I get car insurance premium relief during the coronavirus outbreak? Find out if car insurance companies are allowing payment extensions or waived fees for financial relief.
Surex auto insurance Discover how Surex auto insurance offers Canadians affordable protection while operating a motor vehicle.
Insurance-Paid Upgrade Report From broken bones to lost engagement rings, many Canadians are willing to put it all on the line for an insurance-paid upgrade. How far would you go?
CIBC car insurance review Get basic or comprehensive car insurance at an affordable rate with this reputable Big Five Canadian bank.
CAA car insurance Learn how to apply for CAA car insurance to get affordable coverage for your vehicle.
The Co-operators car insurance Get basic or all-inclusive coverage for your vehicle with affordable monthly premiums.
TD car insurance Protect your vehicle with third-party liability or collision coverage from TD auto insurance.
Desjardins car insurance Get affordable coverage for your vehicle when you apply for car insurance with Desjardins.
Aviva car insurance Aviva lets you customize your auto coverage and bundle it with home coverage for one low monthly fee.
RBC car insurance How to get affordable coverage for you and your vehicle in the event of a collision with this range of RBC car insurance packages.