The best companies similar to TransferWise for sending money overseas.
Looking for other money transfer services better suited to your needs? If TransferWise doesn’t support your currency or you just want to know what else is out there, check out some other options below.
We’ve listed out some of the more popular alternatives and highlighted what features they have that TransferWise doesn’t.
Also known as OzForex, OFX has expanded to Canada and aims to beat the exchange rates offered by banks.
Why pick OFX instead?
- No fees on transactions over $10,000
- Offers more currencies
- No maximum limit for how much you can send
- Doesn’t use the mid-market rate
- Only accepts bank transfers as payment
WorldRemit has one of the largest ranges of countries you can send to, as well as a variety of payment options.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Able to transfer to cash pick-up locations or mobile wallets
- Instant transfers available
- Supports many exotic currencies
- Only sends mobile credit top-ups to some countries
- Low maximum transfer limit makes it bad for large transfers
WorldFirst has a higher minimum transfer amount than TransferWise, but balances it with no maximum limit.
Why pick WorldFirst instead?
- No transaction fees
- Price Promise, where WorldFirst will beat another quote
- No maximum transfer amount
- Forex tools like limit orders and forward contracts available
- Can’t send amounts lower than $2,000
- Only supports bank transfers
- Receiver has to have a bank account
TorFX lets you make personal or business transfers to over 40 currencies around the world.
Why pick TorFX instead?
- Assigned a personal account manager to help you out
- No fees
- Price-match guarantee
- Forex tools to help you get the exchange rate you want
- Only a limited number of currencies, so check before signing up
- Can only pay by bank transfer and send to bank accounts
- Adds a margin to the exchange rate
One of the most well-known transfer brands, MoneyGram sends money to more than 200 countries. Both MoneyGram and TransferWise let you send small transfers, with a minimum transfer amount of $1.
Why pick MoneyGram instead?
- 350,000 cash pick-up locations worldwide
- One of the largest ranges of currencies
- Almost-instant transfers
- Can pay by cash and in-person
- High transfer fees
- Can’t send more than $2,500.
- Adds a bigger margin to the exchange rate than other, smaller transfer companies
Still looking for other options?
If the above companies aren’t quite right for you, there are even more options in the table below. Enter how much you want to send in the calculator and you’ll be shown how much your receiver will get.