Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO Review
Save money and get a decent return on cash back when you purchase gas and other products at Shell.Get $50 in cash back bonuses once you charge your first eligible purchase to your card. Plus, earn 1% cash back for the first 6 months on all eligible purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO|
|Reward||Get 1.5% cash back at participating Shell locations in Canada (up to a maximum spend of $2,500 in any monthly billing period), and get 0.5% cash back everywhere else.|
|Welcome Offer||Get $50 in cash back bonuses once you charge your first eligible purchase to your card. Plus, earn 1% cash back for the first 6 months on all eligible purchases.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you want gas rebates and a decent cash back return.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for more benefits or a low interest rate.
- There are no income requirements to qualify for this card.
If you want a fee-free card that lets you earn extra cash back on gas, then the Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO could be the right fit for you.
- No annual fee. Save money with no annual fee.
- Cash back rewards.Get 1.5% cash back at participating Shell locations in Canada (up to a maximum spending of $2,500 in any monthly billing period), and get 0.5% cash back everywhere else.
- Welcome offer. Get $50 in cash back bonuses once you charge your first eligible purchase to your card. Plus, earn 1% cash back for the first 6 months on all eligible purchases.
- Purchase protection. Rest easy knowing your purchases are insured against damage with extended warranty coverage.
- Instant pay. Tap to pay on the go with Mastercard contactless payment and Apple Pay.
- Enhanced security. Protect your online purchases with Mastercard SecureCode.
- Extra cards for free. Grab as many extra cards as you need for no added fee.
What to watch out for
- Low return. You’ll only earn 0.5% cash back on purchases made outside of Shell.
- High interest. You’ll pay 19.99% on outstanding balances and 22.99% on cash advances.
- No travel insurance. The card doesn’t offer complimentary travel or health insurance coverage.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO is a good fit for loyal Shell customers looking for a fee-free card that offers cash back. It comes with a welcome offer and basic insurance – but provides few additional benefits.
Frequently asked questions about the Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO