Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO Review
Earn AIR MILES faster when you purchase gas and other products at Shell.
The Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO is a premium travel card that gives you 1 Mile for every $15 you spend.
Purchase Interest Rate
- Think about this card if you are a loyal Shell customer and regularly collect AIR MILES.
- Choose something else if you’d prefer a fee-free card or you want a lower interest rate.
- You will need an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
If you want a premium travel card that lets you earn extra AIR MILES and discounts on gas, you might want to check out the Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO.
- Decent return. Earn 1 mile for every $15 you spend on everyday purchases (or 100 miles for every $1,500 you spend). Plus, earn 1.25x the Miles on card purchases at Shell locations in Canada.
- Flexible redemption. Cash your miles in for travel, merchandise or cashback rewards.
- Travel insurance. Experience hassle-free travel with comprehensive insurance for flight delays, baggage claims and more.
- Car rental insurance. Rest easy knowing you’re covered in case of a collision when you rent a car.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy with an extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Tap and pay. Pay instantly with Mastercard contactless payment and Apple Pay.
- Enhanced security. Protect your online purchases against fraud with Mastercard SecureCode.
- Worldwide acceptance. Shop with confidence when you spend money overseas knowing that Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The fee for this card is $99 per year.
- High interest. You’ll have to pay around 20% in interest every month for any balance that is overdue.
- No welcome offer. You won’t get any added benefits in your first few months, except for gas discounts.
- No travel perks. Even though you’re earning travel rewards, you won’t get any travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts.
- Fee for additional cards. Every additional card you request will cost you an added fee.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income you’ll need to qualify for this card is $60,000.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO is a suitable option for AIR MILES collectors who regularly buy gas and other products at Shell. It offers comprehensive insurance and exclusive savings for a reasonable annual fee.