Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO Review
Earn AIR MILES faster when you purchase gas and other products at Shell.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
The Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO is a premium travel card that gives you 1 mile for every 15 dollars you spend and 1.25x the miles on purchases at Shell locations in Canada. It also comes with travel insurance, car rental insurance and discounts on gas at Shell.
- Think about this card if you are a loyal Shell customer and regularly collect AIR MILES.
- Choose something else if you’d prefer a fee-free card or you want a lower interest rate.
- You will need an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
If you want a premium travel card that lets you earn extra AIR MILES and discounts on gas, you might want to check out the Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO.
- Decent return. Earn 1 mile for every $15 you spend on everyday purchases (or 100 miles for every $1,500 you spend).
- Flexible redemption. Cash your miles in for travel, merchandise or cashback rewards.
- Travel insurance. Experience hassle-free travel with comprehensive insurance for flight delays, baggage claims and more.
- Car rental insurance. Rest easy knowing you’re covered in case of a collision when you rent a car.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy with an extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Tap and pay. Pay instantly with Mastercard contactless payment and Apple Pay.
- Enhanced security. Protect your online purchases against fraud with Mastercard SecureCode.
- Worldwide acceptance. Shop with confidence when you spend money overseas knowing that Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The fee for this card is $99 per year.
- High interest. You’ll have to pay around 20% in interest every month for any balance that is overdue.
- No welcome offer. You won’t get any added benefits in your first few months, except for gas discounts.
- No travel perks. Even though you’re earning travel rewards, you won’t get any travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts.
- Fee for additional cards. Every additional card you request will cost you an added fee.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income you’ll need to qualify for this card is $60,000.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Shell AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO is a suitable option for AIR MILES collectors who regularly buy gas and other products at Shell. It offers comprehensive insurance and exclusive savings for a reasonable annual fee.