Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO Review
Get 2x the AIR MILES when you purchase gas and other products at Shell.
The Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO is a basic fee-free card that gives you 1 Mile for every $20 you spend.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO|
|Reward||Earn 2x AIR MILES reward miles per $20 spent at eligible partners and 1 mile per $20 spent for all other purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 800 bonus AIR MILES reward miles with minimum spend of $1,000 in the first three months. Ends January 15, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES and regularly fuel up at Shell.
- Choose something else if you’d prefer a higher return or want more benefits.
- There are no income requirements to qualify for this card.
If you want a fee-free card that lets you earn extra AIR MILES and discounts on gas, you might like to check out the Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO.
- No annual fee. Save money with no annual fee.
- Decent return. Earn 1 mile for every $20 you spend on your card.
- 2x the rewards. Get purchase protection and extended warranty coverage on most products you buy with your card.
- Welcome bonus. Receive a welcome bonus equivalent to a one-way short-haul flight (works out to 800 AIR MILES).
- Purchase protection. Relax knowing your purchases are insured against damage with extended warranty coverage.
- Tap and go payment. Pay instantly with Mastercard contactless payment and Apple Pay.
- Enhanced security. Protect your purchases when you shop online with Mastercard SecureCode.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you want without having to pay an additional fee.
What to watch out for
- Low return. You’ll only earn 50 AIR MILES for every $1,000 you spend (unless you get 2x the rewards with partners).
- Conditional welcome offer. You’ll have to spend $1,000 in your first 3 months to receive the second half of your welcome bonus.
- High interest. Any outstanding balance or cash advance will cost you around 20% in interest every month.
- No travel perks. Even though you’re earning travel rewards, you won’t get any travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” to be directed to the Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO application.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO is a good fit for AIR MILES collectors who regularly buy gas and other products at Shell. It comes with a welcome offer and basic insurance for no annual fee.
Frequently asked questions about Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO