Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Find the best way to send money to Qatar
Compare 2+ companies that can send money to Qatar from Canada.
Looking for the best way to send money from Canada to family, friends or businesses in Qatar (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Don't head straight to your Canadian bank – compare specialist money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better QAR exchange rates and lower fees, so for the same amount of Canadian dollars you send, your recipient will receive more Qatari rials.
Of the companies we've compared, Xe Money Transfers is among the cheapest, with competitive exchange rates and fees starting from $0. Need a really fast transfer? Xe Money Transfers can get money to your recipient in Qatar within minutes.
Best ways to send money to Qatar from CanadaThe best way to send money to Qatar depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Online money transfer provider. When buying Canadian dollars or Qatari rials money transfer specialists typically offer better rates and cheaper fees than a local bank.
- Bank transfer. Bank transfers are an easy way to send money to Qatar but they charge extra for the convenience and are often slower than other methods.
- Cash pickup. If you need your money to arrive fast, cash pickup gives your recipient instant access to the money you've sent when they collect it from their agent location in Qatar.
- Mobile wallet. Essentially an electronic wallet service, mobile wallets allow users to store, send and receive eligible currencies using their phone, often with fees attached.
- Home delivery. If your recipient may struggle to get to a cash pickup location, you may be able to opt for door-to-door cash delivery.
Compare the best money transfer companies to send money to QatarUse our table to compare the best money transfer companies to send money to Qatar. You can compare deposit and receiving options, fees and transfer speeds, then click the "Go to site" button when you've found the best one to get your money to Qatar.
Cheapest way to send money to Qatar
Bank transfers are typically the cheapest way to get your money to Qatar. Xe Money Transfers and Remitly have some of the lowest bank transfer fees of the brands we've compared.When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Qatar, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your Canadian bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market CAD/QAR exchange rate.
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many Qatari rials your recipient will end up with.
Fastest way to send money to Qatar
Many online providers can offer transfers to Qatar within minutes, although you're likely to pay a premium for the convenience.Here are some of the fastest average transfer speeds to Qatar:
- Xe Money Transfers — within minutes
- Remitly — within minutes
- Simplii Financial — within minutes
Actual transfer times from Canada to Qatar can depend on several different factors including transfer amount, payment method and currency.
Safest way to send money to Qatar
The safest way to get your money to Qatar is to use a provider registered with Canada's industry regulator, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both Canada and Qatar.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Qatar
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Qatar, consider using a provider such as Simplii Financial to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Qatar may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on CRA's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the QAR exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, providers such as Simplii Financial and Remitly can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Qatar from Canada
To send money to Qatar, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Qatar. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Qatari bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total Qatari rials your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Qatar. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Qatar
When choosing a money transfer provider to send money from Canada to Qatar, it's important to consider the cost, how you want your recipient to receive the funds and the turnaround time. Here are other features to review:
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the QAR you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Qatar for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Qatari bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers.
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Companies such as Simplii Financial offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Qatar faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, Remitly has a transfer limit of $999 while Xe Money Transfers allows transfers up to $500,000.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of Qatari rials.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best bad credit loans in PEI
Compare some of the best bad credit loans in PEI.
Your guide to the features, interest rates and fees to expect when you apply for a short-term loan with Credito.
5 apps like Bree in Canada
Pay for unexpected bills and avoid overdrafts when you sign up for apps like Bree.
Debt Relief Canada (reliefcanada.ca) review
Take a closer look at the debt relief solutions, features and fees of Debt Relief Canada.
Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) review 2023
Learn more about Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) to see if it’s the right broker for you.
Guide to finding the best prepaid card in Canada in June 2023
We show you the best prepaid credit cards in Canada, whether you’re looking for a prepaid card with no fees, cash back rewards, or travel perks, or more.
How to buy Sui (SUI) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
5 apps like Nyble in Canada
Compare apps like Nyble in Canada to access emergency funding.
Your guide to buying and financing a car in Canada with RightRide.
Compare bad credit car loans in BC
Your guide to bad credit car loans in BC and how to find the right financing for your needs.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.