BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard Review
Planning your next trip? Double your AIR MILES when you shop for groceries at IGA.
The BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard offers 2x the Air Miles per $20 spent at eligible partners and IGA stores, and 1 Mile on all other purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard|
|Reward||Earn 2x AIR MILES reward miles per $20 spent at eligible partners and IGA stores and 1 mile per $20 spent for all other purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 800 bonus AIR MILES reward miles with minimum spend of $1,000 in the first three months. Ends January 15, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get more benefits or a low interest rate.
- There’s no minimum annual income required to qualify for this card.
If you’re an AIR MILES enthusiast and regularly shop at IGA, chances are the BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard could be a good fit for you.
- No annual fee. Save money with no annual fee.
- Collect more miles. Earn 1 mile for every $20 you spend on your card (or around 50 miles for every $1,000 spent).
- Earn 2x the rewards. Earn double the rewards when you shop at IGA or spend money with AIR MILES partners.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 800 bonus AIR MILES reward miles with minimum spend of $1,000 in the first three months. Ends January 15, 2020.
- Purchase protection. Protect the products you buy with extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Zero liability. Avoid paying for fraudulent charges on your account with zero liability coverage.
- Enhanced security. Protect your purchases with IDefence identity theft assistance and Mastercard SecureCode for online purchases.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer support at any point to deal with issues related to your card.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you need for no extra charge.
What to watch out for
- Low return. You’ll only earn 50 AIR MILES for every $1,000 you spend.
- Conditional welcome bonus. You have to spend $1,000 in your first 3 months to receive the second half of your 800-mile welcome bonus.
- High interest. The interest on this card is around 10% higher than what’s on offer with a low-interest card.
- No travel perks. You won’t get added travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard is for loyal IGA shoppers who want to earn more AIR MILES with every swipe. This card also comes with a welcome offer and basic insurance for no annual fee.