BMO AIR MILES MasterCard For Students Review
Earn AIR MILES on every eligible purchase and take to the skies sooner – even on your tight student budget.
Purchase Interest Rate
1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||BMO AIR MILES MasterCard|
|Reward||Earn 2x AIR MILES reward miles per $20 spend at eligible AIR MILES partners.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn up to 800 AIR MILES bonus miles with minimum spend of $1,000 in the first three months. Ends January 15, 2020|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
Searching for a travel credit card with no annual fee? The BMO AIR MILES MasterCard lets you earn 1 Mile for every $20 you spend on eligible purchases, helping you pack your bags and take to the skies more often. It also comes with an introductory balance transfer offer and a signup bonus that’ll get you on a short-haul flight to another Canadian city in no time.
- Consider this card if you want to collect AIR MILES and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d like a higher earn rate or a low interest rate.
- This card has no annual fee.
Getting an AIR MILES credit card while you’re a student might not be on your radar. But whether you’re a frequent flyer or you dream of travelling more, you could possibly benefit from the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard.
- No annual fee. This is a no annual fee credit card.
- Collect AIR MILES. Earn 1 Mile for every $20 you spend on eligible purchases (or around 50 Miles for every $1,000 spent).
- Earn 2x the rewards. Get rewarded twice when you show your AIR MILES membership card and spend money on your credit card at AIR MILES partners.
- Welcome bonus. Depending on when you apply for the card, you could take advantage of a welcome bonus equivalent to a one-way short-haul flight (for example, from Vancouver to Kelowna).
- Flexible redemption. Redeem your AIR MILES for travel, merchandise and more.
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of extended warranty and purchase protection insurance on products you buy with your credit card.
- Balance transfer offer. Get a low introductory interest rate of 1.99% on transferred balances in your first 9 months as a cardholder. You’ll face a 1% balance transfer fee.
- Zero liability. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you won’t have to pay if there are any fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. If you have any issues with your account, you can contact the BMO customer service team at any time.
- Optional benefits. For an additional cost, you can add benefits like roadside assistance and balance protection.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many supplementary cards as you need without paying an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- Low earn rate. Compared to other AIR MILES credit cards on the market, this card has a low earn rate. You’ll only earn 50 AIR MILES for every $1,000 you spend – which means you’ll have to spend at least $20,000 to get one short-haul return flight in Canada.
- No travel related perks. Although this is a travel credit card, it doesn’t come with related benefits like travel insurance coverage, airport lounge access, flight discounts or upgrades.
- Welcome bonus restrictions. You’ll only receive 400 of your bonus offer Miles after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button on this page to be securely directed to the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard application.
- Fill out the application, providing all the necessary details including your name, email address, permanent address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you’re looking to travel while you’re busy paying your way through school, the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard for students can help you take to the skies cheaper and faster without changing your spending habits. Although the earn rate is low, this card has no annual fee and can help you build your credit history while earning you AIR MILES along the way.