BMO AIR MILES Mastercard For Students Review
Earn AIR MILES on every eligible purchase and take to the skies sooner – even on your tight student budget.Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash). Get a 1.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||BMO AIR MILES Mastercard For Students|
|Reward||Get 3x the AIR MILES for every $25 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and get 1 AIR MILE for every $25 spent elsewhere.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash). Get a 1.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Consider this card if you want to collect AIR MILES and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d like a higher earn rate or a low interest rate.
- This card has no annual fee.
Getting an AIR MILES credit card while you’re a student might not be on your radar. But whether you’re a frequent flyer or you dream of travelling more, you could possibly benefit from the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard.
- No annual fee. This is a no annual fee credit card.
- Earn AIR MILES. Get 3x the AIR MILES for every $25 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and get 1 AIR MILE for every $25 spent elsewhere.
- Welcome bonus. Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash).
- Flexible redemption. Redeem your AIR MILES for travel, merchandise and more.
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of extended warranty and purchase protection insurance on products you buy with your credit card.
- Zero liability. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you won’t have to pay if there are any fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. If you have any issues with your account, you can contact the BMO customer service team at any time.
- Optional benefits. For an additional cost, you can add benefits like roadside assistance and balance protection.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many supplementary cards as you need without paying an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- Low earn rate. Compared to other AIR MILES credit cards on the market, this card has a low earn rate.
- No travel related perks. Although this is a travel credit card, it doesn’t come with related benefits like travel insurance coverage, airport lounge access, flight discounts or upgrades.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button on this page to be securely directed to the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard application.
- Fill out the application, providing all the necessary details including your name, email address, permanent address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you’re looking to travel while you’re busy paying your way through school, the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard for students can help you take to the skies cheaper and faster without changing your spending habits. Although the earn rate is low, this card has no annual fee and can help you build your credit history while earning you AIR MILES along the way.