BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard review
Earn Air Miles and get comprehensive travel insurance with this premium business card.Get up to 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles ($310 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash).
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard|
|Reward||Earn 1 Air Mile on every $10 spent on eligible purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles ($310 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash).|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||25 days|
- Think about this card if you want to earn a welcome bonus and you would like an array of travel benefits.
- Choose something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee or you’d prefer to earn more flexible rewards.
- There are no annual income requirements for this card, but you may need to prove that you own a business in Canada.
Dreaming of your next big vacation? If you’re an avid Air Miles collector and a frequent flyer, then the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard could be the right fit for you.
- Decent return. Earn 1 Air Mile on every $10 spent on eligible purchases.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles ($310 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash).
- Double the miles. Earn miles twice at Air Miles partners when you show your membership card.
- Purchase insurance. Protect the items you buy on your card with extended warranty coverage and purchase protection.
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Take advantage of a full suite of travel insurance with the exception of travel medical.
Eligible travel benefits
You can enjoy peace of mind with the following travel benefits for all cardholders when you sign up for the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard.
- Trip cancellation. Cancel your flight or travel plans before departure and get a portion of your payments back with trip cancellation insurance.
- Baggage delay or loss insurance. Protect your baggage and personal items against loss, theft or damage when you travel.
- Trip interruption/delay insurance. Get a lump sum reimbursement to help cover unexpected expenses if your flight is delayed or cancelled by your airline.
- Common carrier insurance. Take advantage of extra protection when you travel on public transportation such as buses, ferries and planes.
- Global service. Get 24/7 help if you lose your card or run into trouble while travelling overseas.
- Car rental insurance. Avoid paying extra for car insurance at the counter with vehicle damage and theft insurance included with your card.
- Accepted at Costco. Rack up purchases for your business and track your payments when you buy in bulk at Costco.
- Fraud proof. Avoid paying for fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability coverage and extra online security.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer support at any point to deal with issues related to your card.
- Enhanced security. Use your Mastercard SecureCode to protect your purchases online.
How many rewards can I earn with the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard?
Earn 1 Air Mile on every $10 spent on eligible purchases. Earn miles twice at Air Miles partners when you show your membership card.
Get up to 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles ($310 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash).
How much do I have to spend to make the annual fee worth it?
Assuming that each Air Mile you earn is worth about 10 cents – which seems to be the going rate – you’ll need to earn at least 1,200 Air Miles per year to break even on your annual fee. That said, you may not need to worry about your fee in your first year as you’ll likely qualify to have it waived. You’ll also get 3,000 Air Miles right off the bat as a welcome bonus if you meet certain criteria.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. You’ll be on the hook for an annual fee of $120.
- High interest. You’ll end up paying 19.99% on any outstanding balances and 22.99% on cash advance transactions.
- Conditional welcome bonus. You’ll need to spend $5,000 in your first 3 months to receive the full signup bonus.
- Fee for additional cards. Every extra card you add to your account will cost you $50 per year.
- No travel medical. You won’t get travel medical insurance as part of your travel insurance on this card.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Own a business in Canada
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply for the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard
- Click the green “go to site” button above to be securely redirected to the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
I got the card, now what?
Once you’ve signed up for your card, you can start earning Air Miles wherever you shop. The best way to earn the most Air Miles possible is to shop with partner companies.
You should also try to spend $5,000 in your first 3 months if you want to take advantage of the 3,000 Air Miles welcome bonus. Another idea would be to purchase additional cards for your employees so that they can help you rack up points faster.
How do I redeem Air Miles from the BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard?
You can easily redeem your Air Miles through your frequent flyer account, which will be linked to your credit card. You’ll be able to choose to earn either Air Miles Cash rewards or Air Miles Dream Rewards. With Air Miles Cash, you can use your Air Miles in-store and online towards everyday purchases at participating partners. You can use your Dream Miles towards rewards such as travel, merchandise and gift cards.
The BMO Air Miles Business Mastercard could be a good fit for you if you’re an avid collector or a frequent flyer. Earn 1 Air Mile on every $10 spent on eligible purchases. It also comes with a welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and other perks like car rental insurance and purchase protection.