Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Unimoni international money transfers
Unimoni lets you send money to more than 190 countries, but you'll need to create an account to find out what transaction fees apply.
- Wide range of supported currencies
- Bank transfers and cash payouts
- Competitive rates
- Easy to use
Not so great for
- Paying by credit/debit card
- Transparent fee information
Learn more about:
Unimoni exchange rates and fees
Unimoni adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate before selling currency to its customers. The mid-market rate is the “real” exchange rate you see listed on Google and Reuters.
The company also charges a transaction fee on all transfers, which varies depending on where you’re sending money and the type of transfer you select.
Unimoni allows you to transfer money to more than 190 countries. Supported currencies include:
- INR Indian rupees
- PHP Philippine pesos
- PKR Pakistani rupees
- LKR Sri Lankan rupees
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- USD US dollars
- EUR Euros
- GBP British pounds
What types of transfers can you make with Unimoni?
Unimoni offers two types of transfers for Canadian customers:
- Online money transfer. You can send a transfer directly to your recipient’s overseas bank account through the Unimoni website or mobile app. Unimoni’s also offers FLASHremit service transfers to bank accounts in select countries.
- Cash payout. You can send an instant cash transfer to 200,000 cash collection locations around the world. This service is offered in conjunction with Xpress Money and MoneyGram. Your recipient can collect the funds by visiting the nominated cash pick-up location and providing photo ID and the transaction reference number.
How long does a transfer with Unimoni take?
Transfer speeds will vary depending on the delivery method you’ve selected.
- Cash payout transfer. Almost immediately
- Bank account transfer. 2–3 business days
Which payment methods does Unimoni accept?
There are three ways to pay for your transfer with Unimoni:
- Internet transfer
- POLi Payments
Is Unimoni safe to use?
- Regulation: Regulated by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
- Established: 1980
- Customers: 15 million
- Reviews: Trustpilot TrustScore of 9.6/10 from 927 reviews
- Security: 128-bit SSL encryption used
Unimoni Canada is regulated by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC). Unimoni is part of UAE Exchange Group (UX Holdings Limited), which is a company incorporated under the laws of Dubai International Financial Centre.
Unimoni guarantees the safety of your money and information when sending an online transfer. It uses SSL encryption to secure transactions and Unimoni Canada is reportedly monitored by Norton Secured powered by VeriSign.
How does Unimoni make money?
Unimoni makes money in two ways:
- By charging a nominal fee on all transfers
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate. This margin is commonly between 0.5% and 1%, but can be higher in some cases.
How to register an account
How do I make an international money transfer with Unimoni?
Here’s what you’ll need to do to send money overseas with Unimoni:
- Visit the Unimoni website and log in to your account.
- Choose whether you want to send a bank transfer or a cash payout transfer.
- Add your recipient’s name, contact details and bank account details (if required).
- Enter the amount and currency you want to send.
- Choose your payment method.
- Review all transaction details and click “Send” to finalize your transfer.
What is Unimoni?
Unimoni is a global money transfer, foreign currency exchange, credit solutions and payment provider. It is part of the UAE Exchange group of companies, which was founded in 1980 and has its headquarters in Abu Dhabi. The group operates in 31 countries around the world and has served more than 15 million customers.
In Canada, UAE Exchange and Money2Anywhere were re-branded to the Unimoni Canada moniker in 2018.
In a nutshell
- Competitive exchange rates. Use Unimoni’s online exchange rate calculator to see how its rates compared to those offered by other transfer services.
- Payout options. You have the flexibility of sending either a bank account deposit or cash pick-up transfer.
- Easy to use. Unimoni’s online platform is easy to navigate and use.
- Wide range of currencies supported. Unimoni allows you to send overseas transfers to more than 110 currencies.
- Limited fee information. If you want to calculate the fees and charges that will apply to your transfer, you’ll first need to sign up for a Unimoni account.
- Can only pay from your bank account. If you want to pay for your transfer with your credit/debit card or cash, you’ll need to consider using a different transfer service.
How does Unimoni compare to other providers?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Best bad credit loans in Prince Edward Island
Compare some of the best bad credit loans in PEI.
Your guide to the features, interest rates and fees to expect when you apply for a short-term loan with Credito.
5 apps like Bree in Canada
Pay for unexpected bills and avoid overdrafts when you sign up for apps like Bree.
Debt Relief Canada (reliefcanada.ca) review
Take a closer look at the debt relief solutions, features and fees of Debt Relief Canada.
Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) review 2023
Learn more about Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) to see if it’s the right broker for you.
Guide to finding the best prepaid card in Canada in May 2023
We show you the best prepaid credit cards in Canada, whether you’re looking for a prepaid card with no fees, cash back rewards, or travel perks, or more.
How to buy Sui (SUI) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
5 apps like Nyble in Canada
Compare apps like Nyble in Canada to access emergency funding.
Your guide to buying and financing a car in Canada with RightRide.
Compare bad credit car loans in BC
Your guide to bad credit car loans in BC and how to find the right financing for your needs.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.