Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Get comprehensive travel benefits and earn more points when you make business purchases with this high-end travel card.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card is a credit card designed for small business owners. It lets you earn 1.5 points for every dollar you spend on travel, dining and select business categories. You’ll also earn 2 points per dollar for Air Canada purchases and 1 point for everything else.
This card comes with a $149 fee and includes a low interest rate, a decent welcome bonus and a reasonable number of travel benefits.
- Think about this card if you operate a small business and want to collect Aeroplan points.
- Choose something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee or you plan to use your card for personal expenses.
- There are no annual income requirements for the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card.
If you collect Aeroplan points and want an easy way to track your business expenses, then the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card could be the right fit for you.
- Accelerated points for business. Earn 1.5 points per dollar for travel, dining and select business categories such as shipping, Internet, cable and phone services.
- Earn 2x the rewards. Earn extra points by showing your Aeroplan membership when you pay with your card.
- Low interest. Pay interest rates as low as 14.99% on outstanding balances.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 60,000 Aeroplan points, plus up to $247 in Annual Fee rebates for the first year when you apply by January 3, 2023.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy online with purchase protection and extended warranty coverage on your card.
- Mobile device insurance. Get protection for your mobile phone in the event that it gets lost, stolen or damaged within the period of coverage (some conditions apply).
- Air Canada perks. Take advantage of free checked baggage and up to four complimentary annual passes per year to Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounge.
- Travel benefits. Enjoy a full suite of TD Aeroplan Visa Business travel insurance including travel medical, trip cancellation, flight delay and hotel burglary insurance.
TD Aeroplan Visa Business travel insurance
|Insurance type||Level of coverage|
|Travel medical||Up to $2 million for 15 days if you're under 65 years old, and 4 days if you're 65 or older.|
|Trip cancellation/interruption||Up to $1,500 per passenger per incident (or $5,000 for all insured combined).|
|Flight or trip delay||Up to $500 per passenger if your flight is delayed for more than 4 hours.|
|Delayed or lost baggage||Up to $1,000 per passenger if your luggage gets lost or is delayed for more than 6 hours.|
|Hotel burglary||Up to $2,500 per trip for all insured passengers combined|
- Common carrier insurance. Get up to $500,000 of coverage for trips on buses, ferries and trains.
- Car rental coverage. Take advantage of free 48-day car rental insurance, and get special discounts with select providers such as Avis and Budget.
- NEXUS rebates. Receive a rebate worth up to $100 to cover the costs of NEXUS enrollment or renewal once every 4 years.
- Business tracking tools. Get access to tools that let you review your business expenses, manage your credit limits and apply spending controls to employee cards.
- Enhanced security. Protect online purchases with Visa Secure and receive instant TD fraud alerts for suspicious activity on your account.
- Cash advances. Get access to an emergency cash advance on your TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card (subject to your available credit limit).
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. This card comes with an annual fee of $149, though you may qualify for partial fee rebates for up to three cards.
- No extra points for everyday purchases. You won’t earn a higher return on points for everyday purchases like gas and groceries.
- Less flexible points. You can’t exchange your points for cashback or transfer your points to other travel rewards programs.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay $49 for every card you add to your account.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Visit TD’s main page to access the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card is designed for small business owners who want to collect more Aeroplan points when they make business purchases. This card comes with a welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance, business tracking tools and a nice spread of travel perks. Just be aware that it also comes with an annual fee of $149, though you may qualify for fee rebates in your first year.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card
More guides on Finder
Compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Compare TD’s suite of Aeroplan Visa cards to get the best card for your unique set of needs and lifestyle.
TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Are you looking for credit card rewards with no annual fee? See what the TD Bank Rewards Visa card has to offer.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Get reward points, travel insurance, airport lounge access and more with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Apply today to save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn more Aeroplan points on every dollar with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Avoid foreign currency conversion fees when you shop in the US with the TD Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Card.