For first- and business-class ticket holders, getting into these VIP lounges is free. For everyone else, access can be more challenging. However, like getting the best seat on the plane, you can get into a lounge without spending a dime – if you’ve got the right credit card. Learn about some of the best airport lounge programs in Canada and find out how you can get complimentary access with the right card.
Scotiabank Gold American Express Card
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Purchase interest rate
Scotiabank Gold American Express Card
Apply today and receive a bonus of 30,000 Scotia Rewards points in the first of card membership.
- Purchase interest rate: 19.99%
- Cash advance rate: 22.99%
- Balance transfer rate: 22.99%
- Annual fee: $120
- Credit rating: 650+ recommended credit score
- Minimum age: Age of majority in province/territory of residence
- Minimum income: $12,000
You can use your credit card or your first- or business-class ticket to access airline lounges around the country. Do your research to learn whether you can gain complimentary access into these airline lounges free of charge. Some credit cards limit your airport lounge access to four times a year, while others will offer unlimited yearly access. Others will cost you a small fee or an extra fee for bringing in a guest.
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge™**
There are 23 Maple Leaf Lounges which can be found in 17 different airports across Canada, the USA and Europe. In Canada, these lounges can be found in Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Saskatoon, St. Johns, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg. Look forward to:
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, news, entertainment and showers.
- Access a cell phone quiet zone or head to the business centre to get in some work.
Priority Pass Lounges
Priority Pass gives you access to over 1,200 airport lounges in over 500 cities worldwide. You can access lounges in seven different cities across Canada including Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg. You can look forward to:
- Complimentary food and beverages, WiFi, showers, work areas, news and entertainment.
- Some lounges may offer showers and spa services.
The American Express Global Lounge Collection
With your eligible Canadian Amex card, get access to more than 1,200 lounges across 130 countries and territories worldwide. Get access to:
- The Centurion Lounges
- Priority Pass Lounges
- International American Express Lounges
- Plaza Premium Lounges
- Delta Sky Club
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Executive Lounges by Swissport (with Platinum Card only)
- Quebec City’s Jean Lesage International Airport VIP Lounge (with Platinum Card only)
American Express Centurion Lounges
Although there are currently no American Express Centurion Lounges located in airports across Canada, you can still use your eligible Amex card to get into these iconic lounges in the United States and other countries worldwide, including lounges in Sweden, India, Argentina, Brazil, Australia and Mexico.
- Get complimentary healthy snacks and beverages, as well as access to high-speed WiFi, showers, news and entertainment.
- Aside from comfortable seating and outlets close to every seat, some Centurion Lounges offer spa services.
Mastercard Airport Experience by LoungeKey
With the Mastercard Airport Experience, you can get access to over 1,000 lounges in 120 countries worldwide. Lounge access in Canada can be found in Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg airports. You can look forward to:
- Dining, shopping and spa offers.
- Complimentary beverages and food, WiFi, comfortable seating, plenty of outlets, news and entertainment.
Check out a few of the airport lounges you could get access to with the right travel card