Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF (CRYP)
Learn how to easily invest in CRYP, the Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF.
The Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF (TSX:CRYP) has launched on Canada’s Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). You’ll need a Canadian stock trading account to buy in.
How to buy the Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF (CRYP)
- Compare online brokers. To invest in exchange traded funds (ETFs), you’ll need to sign up to an ETF broker platform. Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and SIN number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for the Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF. Find the ETF by name or ticker symbol: CRYP. Research its history to confirm it’s a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today’s price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market’s ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you’ve invested in the Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your ETF performs with an eye on the long term.
What we know about CRYP ETF
The Purpose Crypto Opportunities ETF began trading on Tuesday November 30, 2021 in Canada under the ticker symbols TSX:CRYP, TSX:CRYP.B and TSX:CRYP.U. The CRYP.B fund is Canadian dollar denominated while the TSX:CRYP.U version is US dollar denominated. Neither option is currency hedged.
Launched by Purpose Investments and headed by CEO/founder Som Seif, the fund is designed to give investors exposure to the cryptocurrency market by investing in companies that produce chips, own trading platforms on which crypto is exchanged and/or have sizeable crypto holdings. This could include companies like NVidia, Coinbase, Robinhood or Tesla.
There are also several cryptocurrency funds available in Europe that behave similarly to ETFs. To check out other Bitcoin-related ETFs, check out our cryptocurrency ETF guide.
Compare brokers with access to the CRYP ETF on the TSX
How to invest in ETFs
To find out more about ETFs, you can head to our guide on how to invest in exchange traded funds or click on the video below.
Looking for other Purpose ETFs?
More guides on Finder
Best stocks to buy right now
View our list of the top trending stocks today, and read our guide to choosing the best stocks to buy right now.
How to buy Volvo (VOLCAR-B) stock in Canada
Sweden-based luxury car manufacturer, Volvo, is publicly trading on the Nasdaq Stockholm AB. Find out how to buy Volvo stock in Canada.
TQQQ vs. QQQ
Review the benefits and risks of investing in these tech-focused ETFs.
The new Ark Space Exploration ETF prepares for takeoff — but is it worth the hype?
Ark Investment Management is launching a space exploration ETF. Here’s what we know about the fund and its potential competitors.
Crypto curious? 5 things every newbie investor should know
SPONSORED: Is crypto investing right for you? Check out these key considerations before making your first crypto purchase with Wealthsimple.
How to buy the Purpose Ether Yield ETF (ETHY)
One of the world’s first Bitcoin ETFs to pay a monthly dividend yield is launching on the TSX. Here’s how to invest in Canada.
How to invest in the Purpose Bitcoin Yield ETF (BTCY)
Get ready to buy into one of the world’s first Bitcoin ETFs that will pay out a monthly dividend yield. Here’s how to invest if you’re in Canada.
How to buy goeasy (GSY) stocks
Steps to owning and managing goeasy Ltd, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.