No longer offered in the market
Signature RBC Rewards Visa is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare other RBC credit cards here
The Signature RBC Rewards Visa is a rewards card anyone can use. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 you spend on qualifying purchases, plus earn bonus points through purchases at select retailers. Being a cardholder also means enjoying a variety of insurance benefits, including car rental, purchase security and extended warranties.
Although the Signature card isn’t free to carry around in your pocket, it has one of the lowest annual fees on the market. If you’re looking for a combination of value and earning potential, this RBC credit card might be for you.
Find out if the Signature RBC Rewards Visa is the right choice.
- Consider getting this card if you’re looking to earn points on everyday credit card purchases.
- Choose something else if you tend to carry a monthly balance on your credit card as the interest rate is high.
- You must be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province to apply for the card.
RBC’s Signature Rewards Visa offers an easy way to accumulate points on everyday purchases. Qualifying purchases receive RBC Rewards points at a ratio of 1:1. You can use these points to book travel or redeem other rewards like merchandise, gift cards and vouchers.
The points you accumulate don’t expire, so you can continue to load up on RBC Rewards indefinitely. Unlike other travel reward visas, this RBC card offers extensive insurance coverage spanning travel, auto rental collision, purchase security and extended warranty.
- Earn lots of reward points. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 you spend on qualifying purchases, plus earn bonus points through purchases at select retailers.
- Great insurance coverage. Travel, car rental, purchase security, extended warranty – the Signature RBC Visa is loaded with great coverage.
- Virtually anyone can apply. RBC markets this rewards card to students, so if you’re above the age of majority, there’s a good chance you can get it.
- No fee for additional cardholders. You can add an additional card on your account with zero annual fee.
- Instant fuel savings. By linking your card to Petro-Canada, you can save 3 cents per litre on fuel and earn 20% more Petro-Points.
What to watch out for
- Fees. The Signature RBC Rewards Visa has an annual fee of $39.
- High interest rates. If you carry a credit card balance, this card will cost you. Be prepared to pay 19.99% interest on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
- Not all transactions are eligible for points. The fine print states that cash advances are not eligible for reward points.
What should I know before I apply
RBC’s Signature Rewards Visa isn’t the flashiest travel rewards card, but it gives you a quick and easy way to accumulate points over time. And if you decide to book travel or car rentals on this card, you can rest easy knowing your purchase is secured with good insurance coverage. If you’re a student, you’ll get this card for no annual fee. For everyone else, you’ll pay a relatively small fee for every year you have the card.