RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card review
- Welcome Offer
- 55,000 points
- 1 point per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The RBC Avion Platinum Visa is a reward credit card for frequent flyers who want to earn points on everyday purchases and convert them into flights and vacations.
The RBC Avion Platinum Visa is a reward credit card for frequent flyers who want to earn points on everyday purchases and convert them into flights and vacations. Like other RBC reward cards, Get up to 55,000 Welcome Points. Get 35,000 points on approval and 20,000 points when you spend $5,000 in your first 6 months. Apply by April 30, 2024. Redeeming your points is quick and easy, and RBC promises no blackout periods or seat restrictions – ever.
Find out if the RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card is the right choice for you.
- Consider getting this card if you’re looking for a travel rewards Visa that lets you easily redeem points for flights.
- Choose something else if you tend to carry a monthly balance on your credit card as the interest rate is high.
- You must be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province to apply for the card.
RBC’s Avion Platinum Visa offers a quick and easy way to accumulate travel rewards through everyday purchases. If you use your credit card at the grocery store, gas station or cinema – and pay off your balance in full every month – this card offers good bang for your buck. And because it’s designed for frequent flyers, redeeming travel rewards is easy. There are no restrictions for redeeming travel rewards, provided you have the minimum number of points.
RBC is sweetening the deal by offering new cardholders Get up to 55,000 Welcome Points. Get 35,000 points on approval and 20,000 points when you spend $5,000 in your first 6 months. Apply by April 30, 2024. That’s enough for a short-haul flight to select destinations in Canada and the United States.
- Earn reward points. This card lets you earn one point for every dollar you spend.
- Welcome rewards. Get up to 55,000 Welcome Points. Get 35,000 points on approval and 20,000 points when you spend $5,000 in your first 6 months. Apply by April 30, 2024.
- Flexible redemption schedule. Unlike other travel rewards cards, the RBC Avion Visa Platinum lets you redeem your Avion rewards on any airline, any flight, any time.
- Great insurance coverage. Trip cancellation, trip interruption, belongings and eligible purchases – the RBC Avion Visa Platinum card insures them all.
- Instant fuel savings. By linking your card to Petro-Canada, you can save 3 cents per litre on fuel and earn 20%.
What to watch for
- Fees. The RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card has an annual fee of $120 Supplementary cards cost $50 annually.
- High interest rates. If you carry a credit card balance, this card will cost you. Be prepared to pay 20.99% interest on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
- Holiday destinations and vacations are expensive. If you really want to travel the world, you’ll have to save up at least 55,000 points. Some of the more exotic destinations require 100,000 points.
RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card interest rates
|Purchase interest rate
|Cash advance rate
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Visit the RBC Avion Visa Platinum webpage.
- Click “apply now.”
- Fill out the standard credit card application, which should take five minutes to complete.
RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card makes redeeming travel rewards quick and easy. Just keep in mind the annual fee and interest rate payments on outstanding balances before you make a final decision on whether to apply.