RBC Rewards+ Visa review
Earn points while shopping and waive the annual fee with the RBC Rewards+ Visa.
The RBC Rewards+ Visa Card gives you points for every dollar you spend. Earn up to 3,500 RBC Rewards points by going digital in the first 60 days.
Purchase Interest Rate
Whether you’re shopping for groceries, visiting a drug store or filling up on gas, the RBC Rewards+ Visa gives you points for every dollar you spend. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery and drug store purchases, and 1 RBC Rewards point for every $2 spent on all other purchases. Earn up to 3,500 RBC Rewards points by going digital in the first 60 days.
Find out if the RBC Rewards+ Visa is right for you.
- Consider getting this card if you use a credit card for everyday necessities and want to earn points for every dollar you spend.
- Choose something else if you’re shopping for a card with low interest rates.
- Primary cardholders and each additional card on your account have zero annual fees.
The RBC Rewards+ Visa card is ideal for people who use their credit card for everyday purchases. If you switch over to this card, you will Earn up to 3,500 RBC Rewards points by going digital in the first 60 days.
The card offers several perks for primary cardholders, including the ability to earn extra points for going digital and instant fuel savings at Petro-Canada gas stations. Optional extras like balance protector insurance, road assist, identity protection and travel insurance are also available.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 3,500 RBC Rewards points by going digital in the first 60 days.
- Rewards. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 spent on gas, grocery and drug store purchases, and 1 RBC Rewards point for every $2 spent on all other purchases.
- Earning opportunity. The RBC Rewards+ Visa matches all your purchases at gas, grocery and drug stores one for one.
- No annual fees. Unlike most credit cards, this one has zero annual fees.
- Instant fuel savings. The card lets you instantly save three cents per litre on fuel at any Petro-Canada location. If you link your card to Petro-Canada, you'll save 3 cents per litre on fuel and earn 20% more Petro-Points. You'll also be able to earn 50 Be Well points at Rexall for every $1 spent and redeem 25,000 Be Well points for $10. Plus, for 3 months you'll get $0 delivery fees at DoorDash.
- Easy application. Getting approved for an RBC Rewards+ Visa can be done in five simple steps online.
What to watch out for
- High interest rate. Despite boasting no annual fees, the card carries high industry standard interest rates for purchases (19.99%) and cash advances (22.99%).
- Fewer points for other purchases. This RBC card is a great option for grocery stores and gas stations but offers only half the points at other locations.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Click the green ‘Go to site’ button above.
- Fill out the standard credit card application, which should take five minutes to complete.
Bottom line on RBC Rewards+ Visa
If you’re looking for a no fee credit card that gives you rewards on items you purchase every day, the RBC Rewards+ Visa is a good option. You can easily bank an extra 3,500 bonus points just by going paperless. Any additional card on the account also carries a zero annual fee. Keep in mind that you will be paying standard interest rates on all purchases and cash advances.