Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Credit cards with no credit check
Want to avoid a hit on your credit score? Good news, it's possible to get no credit check credit cards. Here's how.
There are many no-credit-check credit cards to choose from if you want to avoid a hard pull on your credit file. You may want to apply for these cards if you have bad credit or no credit history, or if you’d simply like to protect your current credit score. Learn more about how you can apply for credit cards with no credit check and find out which card might be the best fit for you.
Compare credit cards with no credit check
This comparison table displays only secured credit cards that don’t require a credit check. We currently have no unsecured credit cards that require no credit check available through Finder.
What are credit cards with no credit check?
Credit cards with no credit check allow you to get a credit card without needing to submit to a hard inquiry on your credit file. Many people want to get no-credit-check credit cards because they have bad credit or no credit history. Others want these types of cards to avoid damage to their credit scores from a hard inquiry.
There are several types of no-credit-check credit cards to choose from. These include secured, prepaid and student credit cards. You can also avoid a credit check if you sign up as an authorized user on someone else’s account. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to get a regular unsecured credit card without submitting to a credit check.
No-credit-check credit card options in Canada
Some of the main types of credit cards with no credit check you may want to consider include:
Secured credit cards
Secured credit cards require you to put a deposit down to secure your credit limit. Your provider can use this deposit to pay off your balance if you default on your payments. Otherwise, you’ll get it back when you close out your card and make your last payment. You can use secured credit cards to build your credit score, but you have to pay interest on them and they usually don’t come with benefits or rewards. Compare secured credit cards that require no credit check in the table above.
Prepaid credit cards
Prepaid cards are available from financial institutions as well as at your local grocery store in some cases. All you need to do is buy or sign up for one, and preload money onto your account to start spending. When that money runs out, you simply load in more (kind of like making payments in advance). These cards don’t charge interest or come with rewards and they won’t help you build credit.
Compare prepaid credit cards with no credit check
Compare credit cards that allow you to sign up as an authorized user
If you can’t find a suitable no-credit-check credit card or you’d like a more premium credit card without needing to meet eligibility criteria, you can become an authorized user on a friend’s or family member’s account. This will let you spend money on their card without the need for a credit check. Just be aware that the benefits and rewards on the card will remain in the primary cardholder’s name.
Student credit cards with no credit check
Many student credit cards don’t require you to submit to a credit check, or at the very least they will accept you with little or no credit history. These cards tend to come with few benefits and you’ll have to be a post-secondary student at an eligible institution in order to qualify. You can use these cards to build your credit score and you’ll have to pay interest on them. They are also more likely than other no-credit-check credit cards to come with benefits and rewards.
How to compare credit cards with no credit check in Canada
You can compare the following features to find the best no-credit-check credit cards for your personal situation:
- Type of credit card. You’ll want to think about which type of credit card with no credit check makes the most sense for you. Choose a prepaid card or sign up as an authorized user on someone else’s account if you simply want to shop online. Select a secured or student credit card if you want to build credit.
- Interest rates. Most credit cards with no credit check charge 19.99% for purchases and 21.99% for cash advances. You should avoid paying more than this wherever possible. You may also be able to qualify for a lower interest rate with some providers if you shop around.
- Eligibility criteria. You can qualify with many no credit history credit cards as long as you’re the age of majority in your province and a permanent resident of Canada. If you can’t meet these criteria, you may want to consider a prepaid credit card.
- Provider. When deciding on a credit card with no credit check, you can choose from many providers. Look for a card with an establishment you trust and make sure that the card is tailored to your lifestyle.
Who can qualify for credit cards with no credit check?
It depends on the credit card, but most providers require you to meet these basic eligibility criteria:
- Be 18 years old or the age of majority in your province or territory
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident with a valid Canadian address
- Have a working bank account (this is sometimes not a requirement – it varies between providers)
How to get a credit card with no credit
You can follow these steps to apply for credit cards with no credit check:
- Compare credit cards with no credit check. Look at a number of cards from different providers to find the card that makes the most sense for you.
- Apply for the card of your choice. Apply for the credit card of your choice by visiting the main site of the provider you’re interested in.
- Fill out application details. Provide personal information such as your full name, address, email and phone number to start your application.
- Review final details. Read the fine print of your contract so that you understand the terms and conditions of your no-credit-check credit card.
- Click submit. Click submit on your application or call your credit card provider directly to apply over the phone.
Tips for applying
While each provider’s criteria is different, there are some general things you can do to increase your chances of getting approved for credit cards with no credit check:
- Check eligibility criteria. Check criteria for the credit card you want, including minimum income, age and residency status requirements.
- Find out your credit score. Contact Equifax or TransUnion to see your credit score so that you know which cards you can qualify for.
- Gather your paperwork. Make sure you have the documents you need on hand before making an application (for example, bank account details and annual income details).
There are many credit cards with no credit check you can choose from if you have bad credit or no credit. You may also want to consider these cards if you’d like to protect your credit report from a hard inquiry. Compare different types of no-credit-check credit cards and find out which one could make the most sense for your personal situation.
Frequently asked questions about applying for credit cards with no credit check
More guides on Finder
How to buy Onion Global (OG) stock in Canada
Everything we know about the Onion Global Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Nova Scotia travel restrictions: Where you can go in May 2021
Get in the know about Nova Scotia’s travel restrictions to plan your next getaway.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Blackbull Markets Review
Trade forex and contracts for difference for less when you sign up with this reputable online broker.
SugarBearHair discount codes and coupons May 2021 | Get 10% off
Give your locks a new lease of life at a steal with these amazing SugarBearHair discount codes.
How to buy Vaccitech (VACC) stock in Canada when it goes public
Everything we know about the Vaccitech IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Easy Financial creditplus loan review
If you have bad credit or no credit history at all, Easy Financial’s creditplus loan helps you improve your credit score so you can secure a loan within months.
Cash Money Installment Loan review
If you’re in a financial emergency and need to get your hands on cash quickly, Cash Money provides installment loans of up to $10,000.
Loans after a consumer proposal
Find out how you can get approved for a loan even after filing for a consumer proposal.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.