CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
- Welcome Offer
- 80,000 points
- Up to 3 points per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card offers exceptional travel benefits and a high return on Aventura Points. You can Earn 3 points whenever you spend money on travel with the CIBC rewards centre, earn 2 points for every dollar you spend on daily purchases like gas and groceries and 1.25 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases. You’ll also get a generous welcome bonus and a travel credit when you sign up.
- Think about this card if you’re a frequent flyer and you want to take advantage of exclusive rewards.
- Choose something else if you want a low interest rate or you’d rather not pay an annual fee.
- You’ll need to have a household income of $200,000 to apply for this credit card.
If you’re looking for the ultimate travel card with all the bells and whistles, then you might like to check out the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
- Decent return. Earn 3 Aventura Points on travel with the CIBC Rewards Centre, 2 points for every $1 spent on daily purchases like gas, groceries and transportation, and 1.25 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases..
- Promotional offer. Earn 50,000 Aventura Points when you spend $3,000 or more during your first 4 monthly statement periods. Also, in your first year, you can earn an additional 2,500 Aventura Points each monthly statement period in which you spend at least $2,000. That’s up to 30,000 points.
- Priority lounge access. Gain access to 1,200+ airport lounges with 6 free visits per year (and a discounted fee to enter after that).
- Travel medical insurance. Avoid paying for third-party travel medical insurance with full coverage on your card for the first 31 days of your trip.
- Travel benefits. Protect against losses with additional trip interruption, hotel burglary, baggage and flight delay insurance.
- Nexus fee rebate. Apply for fast border crossings between the US and Canada and get your fee rebated up to two times.
- Exclusive business class bookings. Get access to exclusive bookings for first-class seats that are only available to CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders.
- Car rental insurance. Get up to 25% off car rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations worldwide when you pay with your Aventura card.
- Metal card. Get a high-quality metal card to set yourself apart from the crowd whenever you pay for purchases with your card.
- Gas rebates. Link your Journie Rewards card with your Aventura card to save money every time you fill up at Chevron, Ultramar and Pioneer gas stations.
- Mobile device insurance. Get up to $1,500 to cover the cost of replacing your cell phone in the event of loss, damage or theft.
- Purchase protection. Rest easy with purchase insurance and extended warranty coverage on the products you buy with your card.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. It costs $499 per year to maintain this card.
- High interest. You’ll pay as much as 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% (21.99% for Quebec residents) for cash advances.
- Fee for additional cards. Every additional card that you add to your account will cost $99.
- High minimum income. You’ll need to make at least $200,000 per year in household income to qualify for this card.
CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card interest rates
|Purchase interest rate
|Cash advance rate
|Standard balance transfer rate
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Earn a minimum household income of $200,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Go to the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card application on CIBC’s website.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number (SIN) and birth date.
- Submit proof of income and other required documentation to qualify.
If you travel regularly and want to earn flexible points for daily purchases, the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card could be a good fit for you. This card comes with a generous welcome bonus, comprehensive travel insurance and a number of additional perks such as mobile phone insurance and car rental discounts. Just be aware that the annual fee is steep and you’ll need a high household income to qualify for this card.