Obvi car insurance
Obvi is an online insurance platform that cuts out the middleman, helping you save more on extended auto warranties and car loan insurance.
When it comes to auto protection, Canadians have no shortage of options to choose from. But with the average cost of warranties and car loan insurance rising, consumers are constantly looking for better deals – and aren’t afraid to jump ship when they find them.
Obvi car insurance takes an innovative spin to the auto insurance industry by cutting out the middleman and providing a direct-to-consumer approach. That means you can get an extended car warranty and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) insurance online in less than 30 seconds without having to go through an expensive broker.
What coverage options does Obvi car insurance offer?
Obvi’s bread and butter is extended car warranties and GAP insurance. You know the former as coverage against mechanical breakdowns; the latter provides comprehensive coverage on your vehicle for the full term of a lease or loan with no annual renewal policy.
The company also provides vehicle replacement insurance, which allows you to purchase a new vehicle before your old one depreciates in value.
You can request an instant quote on extended warranty or GAP insurance by visiting Obvi’s website. Obvi auto insurance is currently available in four provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Obvi offers comprehensive warranty coverage for your vehicle. No bundle options are presently available.
What Obvi exclusions do I need to know about?
Obvi’s mechanical breakdown policy lists the following exclusions:
- Carburetor, battery, shock absorbers, manual transmission clutch assembly
- Most exhaust and emission components
- Maintenance services and parts supplied by the manufacturer
- Any failure due to negligence
- Alterations to the vehicle that go against what the manufacturer recommends
- Damages caused while the odometer is not working
A full list of exclusions is provided in the warranty document.
Benefits and drawbacks of Obvi
Below is a list of benefits and drawbacks of using Obvi auto insurance.
- Cost savings. Obvi warranties are often much cheaper than other options because there is no middleman involved.
- Easy to obtain. Obtaining an Obvi auto warranty is as simple as filling out a small online form. After you submit your vehicle information, you’ll get three warranty options. You can pay up-front or arrange monthly payments.
- Easy to understand. Unlike other insurance providers, Obvi doesn’t try to sell you confusing warranties. You’ll have full transparency on your warranty’s coverage and term up-front.
- Get your car repaired anywhere. Obvi might be new to the game, but you can still take your car to any licensed repair facility in Canada and the United States.
- File a claim easily. If you need to make a claim on your Obvi extended warranty or GAP insurance, you can simply fill out an online form and an agent will reach out to you.
- Limited availability. Currently, Obvi is only available in four provinces: B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Not all vehicles are covered. Obvi’s warranties cover most makes and models, but not all of them. New and used vehicles must have a valid existing manufacturer’s warranty, which is typically 3 years/60,000km or 4 years/80,000km.
What do customers say about Obvi?
As a relatively new company, Obvi doesn’t have many verified independent reviews. The company boasts an “A” rating at the Better Business Bureau, as well as one five-star rating.
No rewards are listed.
No public complaints listed.
Obvi mobile app
Obvi doesn’t currently have a mobile app.
Obvi is disrupting an industry that’s in desperate need of a makeover. If you value convenience and cost savings, Obvi’s extended warranties and GAP protection may be a good option for your vehicle.
Frequently asked questions about Obvi car insurance
Read more on this topic
CIBC car insurance review Get basic or comprehensive car insurance at an affordable rate with this reputable Big Five Canadian bank.
CAA car insurance Learn how to apply for CAA car insurance to get affordable coverage for your vehicle.
The Co-operators car insurance Get basic or all-inclusive coverage for your vehicle with affordable monthly premiums.
belairdirect car insurance Get comprehensive car insurance at affordable prices with this innovative provider.
TD car insurance Protect your vehicle with third-party liability or collision coverage from TD auto insurance.
Desjardins car insurance Get affordable coverage for your vehicle when you apply for car insurance with Desjardins.
Aviva car insurance Aviva lets you customize your auto coverage and bundle it with home coverage for one low monthly fee.
RBC car insurance How to get affordable coverage for you and your vehicle in the event of a collision with this range of RBC car insurance packages.
Sonnet car insurance Sonnet car insurance provides customizable insurance quotes in less than five minutes.
Rideshare car insurance Find out what car insurance options are available for rideshare drivers including Uber and Lyft.