Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stocks in Suncor Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down some brokers with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Suncor Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Suncor Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of C$26.41, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Suncor Energy, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Suncor Energy. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Suncor Energy (SU)
Suncor Energy stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of SU stocks over time.
Compare online trading platforms
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Suncor Energy company summary
Suncor Energy (SU) is a leading N/A business based in the Canada. Suncor Energy (SU) is listed on the TSX and employs 12591 staff.
|Industry||Oil & Gas Integrated||Currency symbol||C$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||CA|
|Name||Suncor Energy Inc||ISIN||CA8672241079|
|Currency name||Canadian Dollar||Full-time employees||12591|
Detailed company information
Suncor Energy Inc. operates as an integrated energy company. The company primarily focuses on developing petroleum resource basins in Canada's Athabasca oil sands; explores, acquires, develops, produces, transports, refines, and markets crude oil in Canada and internationally; markets petroleum and petrochemical products under the Petro-Canada name primarily in Canada. It operates in Oil Sands; Exploration and Production; Refining and Marketing; and Corporate and Eliminations segments. The Oil Sands segment recovers bitumen from mining and in situ operations, and upgrades it into refinery feedstock and diesel fuel, or blends the bitumen with diluent for direct sale to market. The Exploration and Production segment is involved in offshore operations off the east coast of Canada and in the North Sea; and operating onshore assets in Libya and Syria. The Refining and Marketing segment refines crude oil and intermediate feedstock into various petroleum and petrochemical products; and markets refined petroleum products to retail, commercial, and industrial customers through its other retail sellers. The Corporate and Eliminations segment operates four wind farm operations in Ontario and Western Canada. The company also markets and trades in crude oil, natural gas, byproducts, refined products, and power. The company was formerly known as Suncor Inc. and changed its name to Suncor Energy Inc. in April 1997. Suncor Energy Inc. was founded in 1917 and is headquartered in Calgary, Canada.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Broadstone Net Lease stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing BNL, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy First Bank stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing FRBA, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Baidu stock in Canada | $294.2
Steps to owning and managing BIDU, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Stride stock in Canada | $30.37
Steps to owning and managing LRN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Morningstar stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing MORN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy HubSpot stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing HUBS, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy GoPro stock in Canada | $7.445
Steps to owning and managing GPRO, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Canon stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing CAJ, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Shake Shack stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing SHAK, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Xcel Energy stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing XEL, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.