Buick is the luxury division of General Motors. While its cars start at a higher price point than many, you have multiple financing options to choose from.
How can I finance a Buick?
You can finance your Buick through a traditional car loan — either from a bank, credit union, online lender or Buick dealership — or with a personal loan. Keep in mind that financing directly through a dealership tends to be more expensive, but it can help you qualify for special offers and discounts. Plus, it’s normally the fastest option available.
Buick offers financing through its parent company, General Motors (GM). Here’s how it breaks down:
- Financing through GM Financial. GM Financial has offered competitive deals like 0% financing for 36 months on a Denali Pro Grade 2020 Acadia plus $4,324 of employee discount price adjustments with no payments for 180 days.
- Leasing through GM Financial. Many 2019 and 2020 GMC models have lease deals with low monthly payments. These change frequently, however, so check often to see what lease terms you might be eligible for.
The best financing for you depends on your personal financial situation and priorities. We recommend getting pre-approved for a car loan from multiple lenders before visiting a dealership to find the best deal available to you.
Compare car loans to finance a Buick
Does Buick offer special discounts or programs?
Yes, Buick offers a variety of discount programs through its parent company, GM. These can be combined with current offers for extra savings. Discounts include:
- GM Scotiabank Visa Cards Rewards Program. This program allows you to earn rewards points with everyday purchases on your GM Scotiabank Visa Card, which you can redeem toward the purchase of a GMC vehicle.
- GM Preferred Pricing Program. Any eligible GM employee can purchase a new GMC, Cadillac or Buick at a discounted GM Employee Pricing.
- $1,000 GM Mobility Vehicle Adaptation Program. This program offers up to $1,000 in reimbursements to adapt an eligible GM vehicle with select mobility equipment.
- $500 Canadian Forces Appreciation Program. Eligible military personnel — including active-duty members, reservists and veterans (as well as spouses) — may be eligible for a discount of up to $500 off the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) off a new Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC vehicle.
- GM Family First Discount Pricing Program. This program allows employees and family members of GM to purchase or lease a new GMC, Chevrolet, Buick or Cadillac vehicle at a discounted price below the MSRP.
- $750 Student Bonus program. Current students and those who have graduated within the past 4 years may also qualify for a discount of up to $750 on the purchase of a GMC, Chevrolet, Buick or Cadillac vehicle.
Discounts aren’t available on all trims. Your Buick dealership will be able to give you more details and let you know if you qualify.
What will a new Buick cost me?
You could pay anywhere from $20,000 to over $40,000 for a new 2019 or 2020 Buick. Prices will vary depending on where you live, what special features you add on and how well your negotiating skills are.
Choose a type of vehicle
2020 Buick Regal Sportback
- Starting MSRP: $32,248
- Build: Sedan
- City/highway MPG: 22/32
2020 Buick Regal GS
- Starting MSRP: $44,248
- Build: Sedan
- City/highway MPG: 19/27
2020 Buick Encore
- Starting MSRP: $24,598
- Build: Crossover
- City/highway MPG: 25/30
2020 Buick Envision
- Starting MSRP: $36,298
- Build: Crossover
- City/highway MPG:22/29
2020 Buick Enclave
- Starting MSRP: $48,198
- Build: SUV
- City/highway MPG:18/26
Does a new Buick come with a warranty?
Yes, Buick offers both bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranties for its most recent model years:
|2018 and older||4-year, 80,000-km limited warranty||6-year, 110,000-km limited warranty|
|2019 and newer||4-year, 80,000-km limited warranty||6-year, 110,000-km limited warranty|
In addition to these warranties, you’ll also receive complimentary roadside assistance and transportation.
Buick also offers a fully transferable extended warranty program backed by General Motors as well as the Buick Protection Plan that covers a wide variety of parts and services. Contact your local Buick dealership for more details.
You have a few options to finance a new Buick — from finding financing yourself through a bank or online lender, or going through GM Financial. To find the best deal available to you, compare your car loan options first before hitting the dealership.
Frequently asked questions
Pictures: Buick’s Official Page
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.