Review: Remit2India international money transfers – April 2021
Remit2India offers instant transfers from Australia to India with zero fees.
With instant tracking and competitive exchange rates, Remit2India is one of the fastest, safest and most convenient ways to send money to India. This reputable money transfer service facilitates quick and secure transfers between Canada and India using a network of 89 banks with around 87,000 branches across the country. Choose from several transfer options and track money all the way to its destination with quality service you can trust.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
6 or more days
|Product Name||Remit2India International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||CAD 50|
|Max. Transfer Amount||CAD 50,000|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments|
Minimum transfer time
|6 or more days|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||CAD, INR|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
The cost to send money to India depends largely on exchange rates, which can fluctuate according to global markets. Fees also have an impact on the total amount you’ll be charged by Remit2India.
- Exchange rates. Remit2India offers its customers competitive exchange rates for money transfers when converting Canadian dollars to Indian rupees. You can choose a guaranteed exchange rate which makes sure you get the rate displayed when you book your transfer. You can also opt for an indicative exchange rate which shows the estimated rate for the day you book your transfer.
- Fees. Remit2India offers special deals on transfers, with Canadians paying $2.99 when they send amounts between $50 and $500, and zero fees on transactions over $500. Keep in mind: Remit2India users from every country are liable for certain fees when transferring money. These fees vary depending on the amount of money you send and also the delivery options you choose.
Remit2India is unique in that it facilitates money transfers exclusively to India. The service has partnered with around 89 reputable banks across India. Expand the link below to see which banks you can send money to in India.
Sending options for Canadian customers include direct debit, bill payments and e-mail transfers.
- Direct debit. Money is sent from your bank account to Remit2India’s account. Remit2India then makes the transfer to an Indian bank account, typically depositing funds within 6 working days.
- Bill payments. Money is sent from your bank account to a bank account in India with a faster processing time, which can often be as little as 48 hours. This option can be used by customers of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Bank of Montreal (BMO), National Bank of Canada, Caisse Centrale Desjardines and Tangerine.
- E-mail transfer. Send a money transfer via e-mail from your bank account to Remit2India’s Canadian account. They will then send the money to your recipient’s bank account in India within 3 to 5 working days.
Before using Remit2India, you will need to open an account online. Registration is quick and safe since it only requires the sender’s basic ID and contact information. You can sign up via Remit2India’s online form.
- Direct debit. You’ll need to provide your personal details, including bank account number, bank number (3 digits) and bank transit number (5 digits). Remit2India will then receive payment for your transfer through direct debit from your bank account.
- Bill payments. You can login directly to your online bank account from Remit2India’s confirmation page or you can also visit your bank website separately. Once you’re logged in you can select [Bill Payment] as your transfer option. Select Payee Name – UNIMONI or UAE EXCHANGE and confirm the amount you want to send.
E-mail transfer. You’ll need to register for an account with Remit2India. You can then sign into your online banking to send a transfer via e-mail to Remit2India’s bank account in Canada.
Remit2India is currently expanding its operations to more countries, but clients can send money to India in five currencies including the U.S dollar, Canadian dollar, Pound sterling, Australian dollar, and euro.
- Exclusive to India. Remit2India is one of the most reputable transfer services that sends money to India only. Customers benefit from focused expert attention which helps to make the service more affordable.
- Large network. Remit2India counts 89 banks in its financial network and 87,000 branches across India.
- Tracking system. Money can be followed via Remit2India’s Status Tracker and customers are given updates at every stage of the delivery process.
- Online system. The whole process is cashless and everything is managed and finalized online.
- Tax-free. The recipient doesn’t pay any taxes on the incoming money.
- Customer service. Remit2India’s customer support system is available 24/7 and there is an online form you can fill out if you’re having any issues with your transfer.
- No cash transfers. Money can only be delivered via bank-to-bank and e-mail transfers.
- Minimum amounts. Minimum sending amount in Canada is $50.
Remit2India’s products and services are tailored to customers who need a fast, reliable and safe money transfer service to India.
- Money on Referral (MOR). This program rewards you for every friend or family member referred to Remit2India. Members can add their contacts saved on social network platforms and email address books. When your referral signs up for an account, you will receive 500 rupees. When your first transaction is complete, Remit2India will reward you with an additional 2,000 rupees and the newly registered member with 500 rupees.
- Status Tracker. Remit2India’s Status Tracker service allows you to keep close track of the money as it makes its way towards your recipient.
How does Remit2India compare to other providers?
Wire transfers take one business day to reach the recipient’s account. Online transfers take two to three business days to land. Demand drafts delivered by courier take two to three days depending on the recipient’s location, whereas registered post will deliver within 10 to 15 days if the recipient’s area is not serviced by the courier service.
The minimum amount for transfers from Australia is A$50. The maximum transfer amount is set at A$25000. Customers can contact Remit2india directly if they’d like to send more than the maximum amount.
Remit2india handles the following 10 currencies:
U.S Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euros, Japanese Yen, UAE Dirham, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar and Hong Kong Dollar.
Besides Australia, senders can transfer money from 23 other countries, including the United States, the UK, Singapore, Canada, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and the UAE.Remit2india’s customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can request a call-back via the website. If not satisfied with the way a query was handled, customers can escalate the complaint.