RBC Visa CreditLine for Small Business card review
Benefit from instant access to credit and a decent return on rewards when you make purchases for your business.Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $2 spent in net purchases with your card.
Up to 1 points per $2 spent
The RBC Visa CreditLine for Small Business card is a line of credit that you can instantly access through your credit card. The only difference between this and a regular line of credit is that you’ll collect rewards for the money you spend on your card. You’ll also get benefits like fraud protection, gas discounts and optional travel medical.
- Think about this card if you own a small business and want flexible rewards.
- Choose something else if you want comprehensive benefits or a welcome bonus.
- There’s no minimum annual income listed to qualify for this card.
If you’re looking for an unsecured line of credit that lets you earn rewards for spending money, then you might like to check out the RBC Visa CreditLine for Small Business card.
- No annual fee. Avoid paying an annual fee to keep your card active.
- High return. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $2 spent in net purchases with your card.
- Low interest. Pay less interest with rates ranging from prime + 2.9–11.9%.
- Fuel discounts. Save 3 cents per litre on fuel and get 20% more Petro-Points and RBC Rewards points when you spend money at Petro Canada.
- Purchase assurance. Relax knowing that most items you buy on your card are protected against loss, damage and theft for up to 90 days
- Extended warranty coverage. Double your manufacturer’s warranty on consumer goods when you purchase them with your card.
- Optional travel medical. Pay an additional fee each year to get travel medical coverage on your card.
- Optional life and disability insurance. Protect your finances in case of an emergency with additional life and disability coverage.
- Flexible rewards. Exchange your points for all kinds of rewards like flights, hotels, gift cards, merchandise, statement credits and more.
- Security features. Take advantage of special security features like instant alerts, 24/7 fraud monitoring and online card-locking services.
- Special offers. Sign in with your business account to exchange your points for special offers from popular brands and retailers.
- No fee for additional cards. Avoid paying an annual fee to take out additional cards.
What to watch out for
- Few additional cards. You’ll only be able to take out one additional card on your account.
- Limited to owners. You won’t be able to give this card out to employees.
- No cash back. It’s not possible to exchange points for cash in hand.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the RBC website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you want to pay a decent interest rate on the money you borrow for your business, you might like to consider the RBC Visa CreditLine for Small Business card. This card lets you earn rewards for every dollar you spend and gives you access to benefits like fuel discounts, purchase protection and extended warranty coverage for no annual fee.